Chapter 2

Beyond Dreams (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Goodbye Japan

Three days had passed after Kai's birthday party with his parents, and now he was ready to leave Japan. He said goodbye to his friends and classmates, telling them that he would live in Seoul from now on. Some were sad to get separated from him, but most of them didn't really care. Kai hardly had any close friends. His only relationship with them was concerning school and nothing more. For this reason, he celebrated his birthday with his parents alone.

The day after his birthday, Kai went out with his dad to do some shopping. There, he bought new clothes and other necessities he would need for his long stay in Korea. Mr. Kudo loved his son a lot, and he would give him anything just to see him happy and healthy.

"Buy all what you need, Kai" he had said once they set foot in the mall.

When they returned home, they found Mrs. Kudo preparing dinner in the kitchen. Kai knew that his mom made him his favorite dishes from the delicious smell that filled his nostrills.

"Hmmm.. Now I'm hungry," he said as he went in the kitchen. 

"I made your favorite," his mom replied, and he chuckled joyfully. "It's done. Do you want to help me set the table?" she asked as soon as she turned off the stove.

"Of course!" He nodded his head vigorously.

"Good! Here! Put those plates on the table and call your dad," she said.

Kai did as he was told, and within few minutes the three of them sat eating together.

"Hmmm.. it's so delicious," he complemented. "I will really miss your cooking, mom" he added.

"And I will miss you and only you," she replied pinching her son's cheeks playfully.

They spent the entire night talking and joking with each other. It gave Kai the strength to do his best later on and to make his parents proud of him.

The sun shone again through the attic's rectangular window. Kai opened his eyes admiring the warm light on his face. He would miss this beautiful sensation; his natural alarm clock! Kai was a really unique person. There were other rooms in the house that he could have chosen as his bedroom, but no, he loved to stay in the attic. He told his parents that it helped him concentrate better. From that tiny window, he could see the stars at night and the blue sky in the morning. He felt like he was in space!

Anyway, it was the D-day! That's it! There was no turning back. He got up from bed, stretching widely. Then, he took a shower, put on his clothes, and went down to the kitchen. This time, he found both his parents cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, mom and dad" he greeted them.

"Good morning, Kai" they greeted back.

"Let's eat! We don't want you to miss your flight" said his mom.

Kai nodded and sat with his parents having breakfast together. When they finished, Kai went to bring his luggage from the attic. He put his backpack on his back and pulled the suitc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter