Chapter 5

Dark and Light

Just right after a couple minutes driving, both Yoongi and Hana were arrived in front of the hotel. Yoongi parked the car right in front of the hotel entrance. He unbuckled the seat belt and got out of the car, leaving Hana still inside the car not moving. He opened the door for her.

“Yoongi ssi, I think I’m not ready for this” She begged him not to invite her to come with him.

“You should be. Soon you will own this building.” Yoongi lowered his head to talk with her.

“But my father won’t be glad to see me in his office.”

“He will, believe me. Everything will be fine, you’re with me.” Yoongi helped Hana unbuckling her seat belt because he knew Hana wouldn’t go in.

Hana was holding her breath, realizing how close his face to her at this moment. It just gave a cold shiver to her spine. Yoongi held her hand and pulled it to make her got out the car, and closed the door right after.

Yoongi gave the key to the valet service right before going inside the building with Hana. In the meanwhile, Hana was still unsure whether she should go inside or not. But Yoongi dragged her to come along. So she had no other option.

“Just relax,Hana. A small greeting won’t hurt that much.” Yoongi tried to reassuring her. He noticed that Hana was shaking ever since they arrived. He just didn’t realized that his act might also be the reason why she was nervous.

Hana just nodded and took a deep breath right before Yoongi opened the door that she believe the figure of her father stayed behind that.

The reality was actually more than Hana expected. Her father was having a meeting with couple people in his room and he just invited them to come in.

“Yoongi ssi, nice for having you here and…uh…” Seung Ho was startled seeing Hana popped out from Yoong’s back.

Seung Ho assumed that Yoongi would come over by him self. And since there was a meeting with the shareholders, he invited him. He didn't realized that Hana would be there too. He didn't expect her to come with Yoongi. And inviting them inside was a big mistake.

“Good afternoon, everyone. Sorry, I’m bringing an unexpected guest with me.” Yoongi said it lightly with a smirk plastered on his face.

Hana just stood at the place she was standing, freezing. She looked at everyone in the room as they were flashing a surprised stare. Unless one lady who sat at the end of the rows. She was expressionless, yet her eyes was sharp as a knife. Hana felt uneasy with that kind of situation as it was her very first time.

“Hana?” Yoongi broke her thoughtful silence.

“Oh hallo.” Hana bowed to them, and that was the only thing could come out from her lips. She knew that she shouldn’t be here especially with this kind of situation.

“Father, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bother you and the meeting. And…I-I think I should go from here.” She bowed apologetically to her father as she heard everyone gasped in disbelieve.

Hana could hear some of them were talking about her, and her existence as Seung Ho’s daughter.

In the mean while Seung Ho felt burdensome and annoyed to the presence of Yoongi and Hana. He sighed in anger.

“I’m sorry everyone, I think we should postpone the meeting. Sorry for wasting your time, I will contact you soon to get this rearranged. You may dismiss.” Seung Ho asking them to leave his office in most polite way he could do.

“What do you think you’re doing, Yoongi ssi? Bringing her in my office, in the meeting?” He interrogated Yoongi soon as the last person got out of the office.

“I thought you said I can come over. Don’t be ridiculous, Seung Ho ssi. You will inherit all your property to Hana, yet you don’t want her to be exposed even for now?” Yoongi chuckled.

“But now is not the time!” Seung Ho higher his tone.

“Father, please it’s not his fault. It was me asking him to show me the hotel as I never been here before.” Hana cut the intense conversation in between.

“Shut up! You are not even worthy to speak to me in my office, Hana!” Seung Ho yelled at her.

And it was the first time she saw how rude and disrespectful her father was to her. His words stabbed her so badly. She just looked at her father with teary eyes. She didn’t realize that she was a shame for her father.

“I’m sorry, I will leave both of you then. Have a good day.” As Hana bowed a farewell to both of the men, a single tear just dropped off.

She held her tears so hard and tried not to sob while she was still in the office. She immediately turned back and walked away so that they wouldn’t realize that she was crying.

Hana was wiping her tears so people wouldn’t notice it as she was walking down her way to the elevator. She pushed the down button. There were so many thought on her head right now. She was wondering why her father didn’t want to show her as his daughter. Is it because of she didn’t want to do the thing her father asked to, ruling a company, that made him ashamed of her? Or is it because she was working in a rural area far away from power and authority and that she couldn’t make money from it?

Hana definitely couldn’t think clearly at her state right now. The elevator door now opened in no time and she just grateful that there was no one inside, so her tears would keep hidden. She stepped in the elevator and push the button to close the door immediately. Just right before the door completely closed, there was a hand blocking it, so it was opened again.

To her surprise, it was Yoongi showed up in front of her. She didn’t expect that Yoongi would actually ran after her.

Hana just looked away as Yoongi stepped in the elevator, and wiped her tears, hoping that he didn’t notice. But Yoongi was not a fool. He knew exactly what happened, but he just followed her nonchalantly. Yoongi was not the caring type, so he would keep his mouth shut and let the awkwardness filling between them.

As they were about to arrive at the base floor, Yoongi stared at her who was still at her most vulnerable state.

“I’m sorry Yoongi ssi.” Hana noticed that he looked at her, and she couldn’t say anything but apology.

“For what?” He respond her in a flat tone.

Hana couldn’t answer that as she didn’t know the reason of why she was apologizing. It was just her habit to make a more conforming situation by doing it.

“You know what Hana, I really hate you for saying sorry all the time for something you didn’t do.” Yoongi immediately got off the elevator once they reach the expected floor and Hana just followed him with no reason while she could actually ignore him and walked away. Or, probably it was just because of the car, it was Hana’s car that took them there.

Yoongi waited for the car in front of the entrance of the hotel in arrogance. His hands were in his pocket, he said nothing and just stood there. While Hana was still tailing him.

“Get in.” Yoongi opened the car door for her, once the car was arrived.

Hana was obediently following his order and Yoongi roughly closed the door right after. She could notice that he was kind of angry but she didn’t know what made him so angry about. She just felt it that way.

Yoongi took Hana to a mall which that she believed it was his property. She noticed it from the concept of the building and it somehow matched with what he explained it previously.

He got off the car to go somewhere inside the mall and she just came along to any place he led to. Yoongi walked in a quite fast pace that made her hardly following him. Her steps was limp as she drained much energy after what happened back then in her father’s office, and especially because she held the pain on her feet because of the heels she wore.

“What now?” Yoongi looked at her stumbling on her feet. He noticed that shoes was the problem. Yoongi was annoyed even more since she was hiding it as she said it was nothing, while he knew it from her gesture that she was actually in pain.

Yoongi just sighed in frustration as he ruffled his hair and turned back, approaching her. Hana was shocked as he carried her in bridal style.

“Wh-what are you doing Yoongi ssi, get me down!” Hana asked him to stop what he just did, but Yoongi ignored it as he kept walking to one of the shoe store inside the mall.

Yoongi got her down on the couch to make her sat down and he squatted to take off her shoes. He saw that there were actually some scratches and swollen area on her feet. He was slightly disturbed by the way Hana always pretended to be okay but actually she’s not.

“You said it’s nothing? That’s bull.” Yoongi’s eyes just met with hers. He then walked away and took her shoes with him.

“Could you please find something nice and comfortable in this size?” Yoongi approached one of the sales girl and gave the shoes to her.

He turned back to sit with Hana and wait for the girl bringing the shoes.

“So why you cried?” Yoongi rested his elbows on his knees while looking at Hana.

“I never know that my father could be so rude.” She looked down, didn’t have the courage to look back at Yoongi as she was afraid that she would cry again.

“I know your father more than that, and I bet that would surprise you even more. You’re not as tough as I expected. I hate it. I hate you for pretending it.”

“You said that you hate me twice today. You don’t even know me Yoongi ssi.”

“One thing that I know about you is that you won’t survive in this business world, after seeing how you react to what just happened.”

“And that’s exactly why I refuse to be involved, it just didn’t suit me.” She shrugged her shoulder.

Yoongi scoffed to hear her answer.

The sales girl approached them right after, bringing some pair of shoes with her. “This is a quite difficult size in here, sir. But these are the best that we can find and match with this size.” The girl offered the various model of shoes.

“I think this one is perfect.” Yoongi picked the white flat shoes with a feminine shape and had 3cm heels. It looked like a formal shoes yet looked so comfortable.

“Try this.” He offered the shoe to Hana.

Hana said nothing and just looked at him in disbelieve.

“Or should I put this on for you?” He raised his eyebrows.

Hana looked at him and took the shoe from him hesitantly. There happened a fight inside her mind, deciding whether or not she should wear it. 

“Good, that's way better." He looked away from Hana who has finished putting the shoes on and shiftly talked to the sales girl. "Do you take VISA?” Yoongi asked the sales girl. And she nodded showing him the way to make the payment.

Hana just sat there dumbfounded. She couldn’t understand Yoongi. He said that he hated her, and yet he bought her a pair of shoes just because he saw that she was not comfortable with heels.

“Thank you for the shoes, I will pay it back. But honestly, this is not the kind of shoes that will be my preference. It doesn’t suit me.”

“Well, it is not about whether you like it or whether it fits you. It is about how it fits to your outfit and the occasion. Just like in this freaking called reality, it is not about what you like, but it’s about what you need to do and how you face it, sweet girl.” He smirked.