Chapter 4

Dark and Light

Hana drove a long way to finally got to Yoongi’s office. It took her for about 30 minutes to get there. She was not used to drive by herself as she usually took public transportation to go anywhere, so it was a bit tiring for her.

She dressed in a quite formal outfit for this occasion just like what her father told her. Hana wore a dark brown skinny pants with a simple white blouse. Her outfit was just fine, except the heels. She felt a cramp in her feet as she took steps in the building. The shoes were killing her especially after the long drive she just experienced.

She came over to the receptionist desk and told the staff that she had an appointment with Yoongi. Not a long wait until another staff came and greeted her, and after then he offered himself to her to Yoongi’s office. It was actually on the seventh floor, the very top of the building. The staff showed Hana the exact location of Yoongi’s office, and he introduced her to the woman who sat right across Yoongi’s room.

“Halo, may I help you?” the woman greeted her with a warm smile.

“Hi, I am Lee Hana and I have an appointment with Yoongi ssi. Is he in there?.” Hana pointed her direction to the room behind her.

“Pleasure to meet you Miss Lee. I am Kim Narae, his secretary. Yes, Mr Min is in his room by now, but I’m afraid you should wait for a moment because he is having a meeting by now.” Narae inviting her to sat on the sofa near her desk to wait until Yoongi has finished his business.

“Oh, no problem at all. Thank you Miss Kim.” Hana smiled to her and sat on the sofa.

She opened her phone to send a message to some people from the orphanage. But before she could do that, she notice that she got a message from Jimin, one of the volunteer that she worked with.

“Why are you late, sleepy head? Are you not going here?” -Jimin.

“I’m sorry, Jimin. I have other things to do right now. I think I can not manage to go there today.” -Hana.

Soon as she replied Jimin’s message, she got a text back from him.

“Seems like it’s an important thing that you couldn’t be here. Is everything okay?” -Jimin

“Just trying to be obedient to my father. But yeah, everything is just fine.”

“Can’t wait to hear the whole thing, I’m curious right now.” -Jimin.

“Soon as I’m done with this I’ll tell you everything. Feeling the need to talk to you though.”

“I’m all ears.” -Jimin.

Jimin was actually a person that Hana could count on. He was the person who can make her day and offered his shoulder to cry on. He was a sweet guy. And Jimin was the only one who knew that Hana was a daughter of one of the greatest businessman in Seoul. Hana could tell him about everything between her and her father relationship as she believed that all the information she told would just end at Jimin himself. And she would like to tell him something after today. Something big, and bothered her.

Hana’s smile from chatting with Jimin was suddenly disappear when she heard someone shouting inside Yoongi’s room. And to her knowledge, she believed that it was actually Yoongi who was yelling.

She was startled to what she just heard. Narae was just smiling to her, acting like there was nothing happen, at the time she caught Hana looked at her searching for the answer of what was going on there.

As she was guessing and wondering every each possibilities that happened inside the room, a figure of a middle aged man came out with a pressured expression all around his face. And by the dismissal of the man, Narae came in the room. She came out in no time to invite Hana to send her in.

“Oh Hana, finally you come. How are you?” Yoongi invited her to have a seat on the side lounge in his room.

“I’m doing great, how are you?” Hana replied in politeness.

“Yeah… I’m good.” He made his way to join Hana to sit on the lounge after fixing the documents on his table.

“You sure?” She looked at Yoongi in worries and received a wondering expression as Yoongi tilted his head, piercing his eyes on her.

“What do you mean?” Yoongi tried to read her expression because she looked like she knew something.

“I just heard that you shouted at your employee. Is everything under control?”

“It is. It’s just a small mistake on the financial reports. He just miss-calculated.” He explained nonchalantly.

“Is it really necessary to react in that way since it was only a small mistake like you said?” Hana tried to find out what kind of person Yoongi was.

“Well, I think your lesson start from now.” He snorted. “The answer is yes. It is necessary, as I thrive for perfection, I don’t take any mistake . If you go easy with that, your employee will look down on you as they think that you are okay with small mistakes. That will be a habit and it is not good. And let me tell you something. Those small mistakes will lead to another bigger problem.” He lectured her of how he dealt with mistakes.

Hana knew that Yoongi was a serious person when it came to his business matter. She knew it from the way he acted just then, seemed like he wouldn’t give any mercy for those who did mistakes. But human do mistakes, what kind of person he could expected?

“I see.” Hana confirming what Yoongi just told her but this idea of how treating a person was against hers. Hana would treat anyone who did mistakes with gentle and kindness as it was a process of being perfect or at least better than before.

Yoongi sighed contently, looking at Hana who seemed pushing herself to roll with the idea of how the business world was going.

“I will show you something, come here.” Yoongi walked near the big window and followed by Hana.

“It’s beautiful.” Hana saw haundreds of building spread on the land from the window in awe. This scenery was prettier to be looked from up there and Hana just realized it.

Yoongi saw her face in disbelieve, then turned his direction to the window again.

“See the building over there? That’s where my convention store is.” Yoongi pointing at the particular direction.

“It is a great building, Yoongi ssi. But in the middle of a forest?” Hana was wondering herself as she saw there were lot of trees surround the building.

“I designed it to have a park-themed city mall. So I tried to make it real by having those like what you just saw.” Yoongi explained it as much as Hana should know. Not more than that.

Hana just nodded and hummed all the way Yoongi explained it to her because she didn’t know how to get engaged with that. She didn’t know how to react properly in the business matter, so she just did the thing that she thought was right.

“And you see that? It is really close to your father’s hotel.” Yoongi was pointing at the Olympus Hotel that was placed across the mall.

“I see that. Have you ever go to that Hotel?” Hana innocently asked.

“Yeah, I went there quite often, and it was…”

“How is it look like?” Hana cut his words and looked at him, searching for answer in his face.

“It is great, it actually has a grant class with a vintage interior. It was just great, it…” Yoongi couldn’t finish his word as he turned away to look at Hana. Her expression was telling something. It was the expression of someone who desperately need to know anything.

“Wait, don’t tell me that don’t know how the hotel looks like?” He was shocked. Yoongi didn’t know how to react to her expression. He doubted that Hana really didn’t know about that or she just testing him.

Hana just looked at him and blinked her eyes before shaking her head, showing that she didn’t know a thing.

Yoongi snorted and looked away to avoid her eyes, and then turned back to look at her.

“So you never go there?”

“No.” Hana stated.

“You must be kidding me, right?” Yoongi widen his eyes and let out a small giggle in disbelieve.

“I know nothing about it, literally.” Hana’s way of telling him was convincing.

“How could that happen? Why?” Yoongi was now curious as he wanted to know the reason behind that from her point of view.

“Well, my father never introduce me to any of his friends. I think that because he…”

Before Hana could finish her words, she just startled by the voice of the door opened by force. Someone was barging in the room.

“Hyung, you have to see this.” Namjoon spoke in rush while his eyes still focusing on the tablet he brought. He didn’t realize that Hana was there.

“Yah! What did I say about knocking before you come in, you dumb !” Yoongi yelled at him, feeling that his privacy was always invaded by Namjoon.

“Oh! Sorry hyung, I didn’t know you have a guest.” Namjoon bowed in apology after realizing there was someone else in the room while Yoongi just sighed in response.

“Never mind, anyway this is Lee Hana.” Yoongi introduced Hana to him.

Namjoon was dumbfounded seeing that Hana was in Yoongi’s room. He was just surprised to finally see Hana in person in no time. He looked at Hana and Yoongi back and forth wondering what happened here and now. And he was startled when Hana started greeting him.

“What is that Namjoon?” Yoongi brought up the situation that Namjoon was going to talk about.

“Mmm…I don’t think this is the right time to talk about it, hyung. I’m afraid this will waste your time with your beautiful guest here.” Namjoon smirked.

“Well, you’re right. I actually have something to do with my guest over here. So, mind if you get out of my office? Now?”

“On process, hyung.” Namjoon turned to look at Hana. “It’s pleasure to meet you, Miss Hana.”

“Just call me Hana, and it’s a pleasure to meet you too.”

“Lesson number two, just let other people address you with honorific. You’re going to be the president of the company.” Yoongi lectured her right after Namjoon closing the door behind him.

“But it feels not right.” Hana shrugged her shoulder.

“Yeah you should get use to that.” Yoongi took a deep breath before picking up his phone. He was about to make a call with someone. And to her surprise, it was Hana’s father that he called.

“Seung Ho ssi, I’m about to go to my convention store and get by your hotel. Can I come over?”

Hana could feel her heart was racing. She didn’t know what Yoongi will do. And she was anticipating it.

“Great I’ll see you around.” Yoongi hung his call up, looking at Hana who was dumbfounded.

“I’ll show you.” Yoongi smirked.