Chapter 1

Dark and Light

Min Yoongi was heading to the place where he would like to have an important meeting with his business partner, Lee Seung Ho. Yoongi owned a famous convention store in Seoul while Seung Ho had a grand hotel. Both of them would like to sign a contract that said both properties would be in corporation. And it would give the benefit of both parties in the same portion.

“Yoongi ssi, please come have a sit.” Seung Ho greeted as he entered the meeting room.

“Great to see you Seung Ho ssi.”

“Alright, let’s get this proceed, shall we?” the lawyer as the third party took out a pile of documents on the the table and it got both attentions. “Okay, first of all. Please read the contract very well before signing it.”

“Oh I don’t need all of these, just give me the pen. I trust this young man after all.” Seung Ho just signed the paper.

“My pleasure to work with you, Seung Ho sii.” Yoongi looked at that man, and signed the paper after him.

Both of them had talked about the corporation for years, and seemed like they had trust in each other. Each of them knew exactly what benefit would come to them if they became partner. This would provide the guest of the hotel an option of vacation destination as the convention store had a city walk concept. It would increase the value of both sides.

“Yoongi ssi, let’s go have a lunch. I’d like to have some words with you, if you don’t mind.” Seung Ho planning to talk to Yoongi about something that actually had bothered him for quite a long time.

“Of course, I don’t have any meeting plan except this.” Yoongi was a bit curious about what would Seung Ho said. Seemed like it was an important thing, he could read that in Seung Ho face.

As both of them had come to an agreement of where they should have a lunch, they just drove to where the place was. They decided to go to a sushi restaurant, not far from where the meeting took place. It only took fifteen minutes drive to get there. And after ordering the food, Seung Ho hesitantly started the another not-so formal meeting.

“Yoongi ssi, as a young businessman, I believe that you are one of the desired man to any woman out there.” Seung Ho sounded lost in the way he talked.

“Ah I don’t really notice that, also I didn’t think of getting into a relationship right now.” Yoongi looked at Seung Ho with curiosity. “What is it about actually?”

“Well, I was thinking of the future of my business. Soon enough I will inherit everything to Hana, my only daughter, when she turn 23.” Seung Ho tried to pick the jumble word to create it into sentences that Yoongi would get it right away.

“Hmm I never know that you have a daughter.” Yoongi pierced his eyes, trying to get involved in the topic Seung Ho led into.

“Yes, I do have a daughter. I keep her unknown all these time because….you know…I am afraid that my enemies know my weakness. And yes, my daughter is my weakness, I couldn’t bare if something happen to her. You know what I mean, business world is cruel.”

“And why did you tell me this?” Yoongi nodded, and now seemed more interested.

“I am not young anymore Yoongi ssi. Once it rolls over to Hana, I am sure that many people targeting her like a hungry death crow craving for a flesh. I am hoping that someone can monitor and…protect her. She knew nothing about this world and that’s my biggest worry.”

“So you are asking me to do that favor?”

Seung Ho just nodded, confirming such a rhetorical question Yoongi just asked. “Also I am thinking about something more, something about the future of my business.” He added. “I will be very glad if someday our partnership go under one family name. And I trust you. I think of you as my own son.”

“Excuse me, I didn’t follow. What actually you’re trying to say, Seung Ho ssi?” Yoongi paid a full attention to him, trying to swallow the words his partner spat out. Anticipating.

“Marrying my daughter.” Seung Ho stated to the point.

Yoongi almost choke hearing the sudden favor Seung Ho asked. He didn’t respond, not sure of what should he say.

“I am not forcing you to marry her, young man. But at least you can try to get to know her in person. If things work out, that will be a great news for me. But if it’s not, then I think it’s a good way for her to learn something from you to run a business.” Seung Ho sounded desperately asking Yoongi to do the favor.

“Well…” Yoongi released a deep sigh. “With all due respect. I am trying to see this as logical as it supposed to be. First of all, I didn’t know your daughter. I didn’t even know she exists. Second of all, we don’t know how’s her feeling if she know about this arrangement.” Yoongi spoke out everything that stuck in his head.

Seung Ho just looked at him, hoping of anything will go as he wanted.

“Okay, I think I will give it a shot.” Yoongi couldn’t ignore it, seeing his partner put so much hope on him and it might be a good option for him. “But I won’t promise you everything will go in the way you wanted. We are talking about a person’s feeling over here. We can’t manipulate feelings.”