two

RED

Yoohyeon woke up with a gasp, cold sweat covering her entire body. She can still hear the echoes of the girl's screaming, can still feel the fear running through her veins. She tried to hold on to the details of the dream but with every second, they escape from her grasp. 

But there was one thing she was certain of, Dami has finally come.

 


 

Siyeon exhaled deeply as she finished putting up the poster. Gahyeon's smiling face looked at her from the paper but all she could feel was guilt and worry. The police had told her not to worry; that kids her age all go through a rebellious stage. They advised her to wait for 72 hours before filing a missing person's report but she couldn't wait that long. Her sister isn't the type to disappear without telling her anything; she was a hundred per cent sure that something happened to her. 

"I'll find you, Gahyeon-ah. Whatever happens, I'll find you," she muttered.

"Hey, we should take a break," Sua said placing a comforting hand on the small of her back. Siyeon turned to her and let her forehead rest on Sua's shoulder. 

"It's gonna be okay, Siyeon. We'll find her," Sua said, putting her arms around Siyeon. 

 


 

Sua felt a little guilty as she made her way towards the club. It has been four days since Gahyeon's disappearance and the police have finally stepped in. For now, they could only wait as they finish their investigation. 

She treated Gahyeon like her own sister and her disappearance shook her to the core but Siyeon needed someone to lean on and so Sua kept up the strong facade. 

But tonight, she just wants to get lost in alcohol and dancing and despair. 

The club was just across the gasoline station, accessed by a small door by the sidewalk. A friend told her that it's one of the hottest places in town right now and she decided it check it out. But a part of why she chose the place was because she knew that no one of Siyeon's friends would see her. 

She found the entrance easy enough. There were bright pink neon lights on the doorway and pink 'DANGER' tapes all around it. There were several people loitering about, the smoke from their cigarettes mixing in with the night air. 

She stepped in hesitantly and followed the music and the people. The dance floor was in the basement and Sua was surprised when she saw it. She thought that it was just gonna be an open space with crappy lights and ordinary stools and tables around but it wasn't. 

The basement was so huge that you couldn't even see the ceiling and the three huge chandeliers looked as if they were floating in the dark. Sua made a beeline towards the bar located at the far end of the room. 

Weirdly, the place wasn't as packed as she expected it to be and that was perfect. 

Sua was on her third bottle of beer when she saw her - Gahyeon. 

No, it can't be. she thought, eyes widening in shock. 

But there she was standing out from the crowd of dancing bodies, looking straight at her. Sua got up from the bar and made her way towards the girl, never once letting her out of sight. 

It's really her.

The crowd of bodies seemed to get thicker as she neared that Sua had to nudged some people out of the way. One girl seemed to take offense and jostled her back, causing her to look away and when Sua looked back at where Gahyeon was, the girl wasn't there. 

She looked around the barely lit room, trying to catch a glimpse of where Gahyeon went but her attention was drawn away by a girl in white wearing a black bunny mask. 


 

Jiu was starting to panic. Even in the dream world, it was getting harder and harder to reach Yoohyeon. 

Yoohyeon, i need you, Jiu prayed as she slipped into the dream world once more. 

Dami has found them and Jiu knew it was only her and Yoohyeon who could stop her.