attention

a-z of the boyz

being the maknae of the group was always nice. you had all your hyungs cuddling you and watching over you, you were constantly teased--but always in a loving way, not to mention, it was nice to be the baby. with the boyz, it was no different. eric was always babied by the older members, juyeon and younghoon acting like they raised youngjae themselves, hardly letting the poor maknae breathe. then there was sunwoo, although second youngest, he was the lead rapper--meaning he was always the center of attention from the group. a lot of the time, sangyeon would ask for sunwoo's help with singing and chanhee and sunwoo had this weird love-hate relationship, which resulted in the two cuddling practically every movie night, not that either would admit it. lastly, there was hyunjoon. he was coddled the most, which only made sense considering he was out for so long because of his ankle and the hyungs wanted to make sure he was always okay, not wanting the poor boy to go through that pain again. jaehyun would give him piggyback rides after long rehearsals and changmin was always playing with him, helping him with dance moves. the maknae line were the babies of the group, the ones who needed the most attention, it only made sense. but for haknyeon, he was neither a hyung or a maknae, he was just there. 

normally, haknyeon would ignore the fact that he wasn't necessarily a "maknae", but recently, he had felt more and more annoyed.

"hey hyung," haknyeon shook jaehyun's shoulder gently, "do you want to play a game with me?"

jaehyun yawned, rolling over in his bed, "maybe tomorrow, i've been busy all day with hyunjoon. ask someone else, okay?"

haknyeon bit his lip, slightly annoyed that his roommate was ignoring him. normally, he and jaehyun would play games and laugh together, considering the two were the loudest. he walked out of their shared room, walking towards the living room. sangyeon and jacob sat on one couch, the oldest running his fingers through jacob's hair as an old movie played on the television.

"hyungs! do you guys want to watch a movie?" the two looked at him, shaking their heads.

"sorry nyeon, jacob and i were about to go to bed. how about tomorrow?" sangyeon smiled, ruffling his hair gently.

haknyeon just pouted, turning and leaving the two eldest. he decided to ask chanhee to hang out, only to see him and eric cuddling, sound asleep. he sighed, checking changmin's room, the dancer shooing him out, saying he was watching a movie. hyunjoon and kevin were asleep, leaving them out. juyeon was still out and wouldn't be back until later, according to younghoon, who had a sleeping sunwoo on his lap. 

"sorry haknyeon, maybe we can hang out tomorrow?" younghoon mused quietly, trying not to wake the rapper.

haknyeon just rolled his eyes, storming out and entering his room. diving into bed and burrowing under the covers, trying his best to sleep.

-----

haknyeon woke up the next morning pissy, still frustrated from the lack of attention the previous night. 

"nyeon! good morning," jaehyun chimed from the opposite side of the room, "how about we go watch a movie today?"

haknyeon rolled his eyes, "i'm fine."

jaehyun frowned, but said nothing, just walking out of the room.

he finally managed to pull himself out of bed, being greeted by the other members, all of them watching the tv as jacob helped younghoon make breakfast. 

"morning!" sangyeon smiled, patting his lap, "come sit with hyung."

haknyeon shook his head, "no."

sangyeon pouted, "you don't want to sit with hyung?"

"no!"

juyeon spoke up, "haknyeon, what's wrong?"

"nothing! just leave me the alone!"

he stormed back into his room, slamming the door behind him. 

the other members in the living room were silent, unsure of why their cheerful member was so gloomy.

"should i go talk to him?" sunwoo asked from juyeon's lap. he hated seeing his friend so upset.

sangyeon nodded, "maybe you can help him."

sunwoo pulled himself up, walking towards haknyeon's room and walking in. the older was laying in bed, facing the wall.

"nyeon? are you okay?"

haknyeon didn't turn away but yelled, "leave me alone!"

sunwoo frowned, walking closer, "nyeon, please."

haknyeon turned and sat up, shoving sunwoo, hard. the younger tripped and fell, crashing against the desk in his room.

"leave me alone! i hate you! i hate everyone!"

jaehyun and sangyeon ran in at the commotion, the leader helping sunwoo up. "are you okay sunwoo? what happened?"

haknyeon's face was red, eyes blazing, "nothing, he just fell." he turned back to the wall.

sangyeon turned him towards him, "stop lying, what really happened?"

"h-he pushed me." sunwoo was quiet, his eyes tearing up slightly.

jaehyun scooped the rapper up, kissing his forehead, "it's okay love, it's okay." he soothed him, carrying him out of the room and back towards the living room.

sangyeon glared at haknyeon, "what is going on with you? why are you acting like such a brat today?"

"just leave me alone, ing christ." he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

sangyeon glared, walking towards him and yanking him up, swatting his backside twice.

"hyung! stop it!" 

sangyeon ignored him, sitting onto haknyeon's bed before pulling the latter over his lap, tugging his pajama pants down. haknyeon yelped as sangyeon's hand fell, smacking against his . even with his boxers on, he could still feel the sting of his palm.

haknyeon kicked his leg, trying to twist away, "stop it! i'm not a kid!"

sangyeon continued smacking, letting his leg pin haknyeon's down as he tilted him forward, allowing his hand to fall against his sit spots. 

haknyeon whined out, his face burying into the comforter as sangyeon continued spanking him.

"you're not a kid? would a kid throw a tantrum about his hyungs being busy and then yell at them when they try to hang out with him? would a kid shove another member who is trying to help?" sangyeon's voice was quiet and calm, opposite of his hand that continued to smack relentlessly against haknyeon's backside and thighs.

"you never act out, you just wanted attention, didn't you?" haknyeon started sobbing, his tears drumming against the sheet in front of him, "you wanted your hyungs to pay attention to you? you got your attention now, ju haknyeon."

"'m sorry! s-sorry- ow!" 

sangyeon stopped, his hand rubbing against his back. "i know you're sorry, but that doesn't excuse your actions."

haknyeon nodded, sniffling, "i'm r'lly s-sorry."

sangyeon patted his back, "you're almost done."

and with that, he lifted him slightly, pulling his boxers down and ignoring haknyeon's whine. "twenty, bare, and then you're done. this is for hurting sunwoo and swearing."

sangyeon's hand came down against haknyeon's bare , the younger screaming out and sobbing as the leader's hand continued to fall, smacking hard against his and sit spots before moving down to his thighs. he spanked him five more times, harder than the others, before letting his hand press against his back, rubbing softly. haknyeon cried out, his voice stuttering and stammering out a stream of apologies, sangyeon just shushing him.

after twenty minutes, haknyeon calmed down, sniffling. "i'm really sorry, hyung. i didn't-didn't mean to be a brat."

sangyeon smiled, helping him sit up, letting his lay in between his thighs. "i know baby, i know. but i need you to apologize to sunwoo, okay? and the whole group."

haknyeon nodded, burrowing his head into his shoulder. sangyeon smiled, rubbing his back once more before helping him up, allowing the younger to redress himself. once he had his boxers and pants on, sangyeon grabbed his hand, guiding them back to the living room.

once they entered the living room, all the talking stopped, the remaining ten members turning to the two who had just entered. haknyeon gulped, walking towards sunwoo, head down.

"sunwoo, i'm sorry for yelling and shoving you. i was upset and shouldn't have taken it out on you. please forgive me." he stood awkwardly in front of him, stiff. sunwoo smiled, standing up and hugging him tightly.

"of course i forgive you, glad to see you're in a good mood, nyeon."

"and everyone, i apologize for my behavior. i shouldn't have had an attitude and hope you can forgive me for it." he addressed the group as a whole, his head down.

jaehyun was the first to hug him, the others following soon afterward. once each member got around to hugging him, they all sat on the couch, haknyeon positioned carefully on jaehyun's lap as they watched a movie together, haknyeon's previous concerns vanishing in an instant.