Epilogue

Next In Line

Jinwoo watched Dongwook drive away, after he gave his usual peace sign as a goodbye.

The good thing was that Mino was standing. However he wasn’t quite coordinated and he was easily distracted, so Jinwoo still had to drag him along.

Shivering in the chilly air, he wondered why and how there were people sitting outside of his apartment building at that hour. They were chatting, laughing, having a smoke. Jinwoo recognized two of them as his neighbours.

He was planning on saying hi and proceeding to lead Mino upstairs, but Mino seemed to have other plans.

As soon as he saw the people, he started calling out to them and waving. Jinwoo tried to stop him, but there was really no use—they were headed that way anyway, if they meant to enter the building.

By the time they were at the door Mino had already attracted their attention. Jinwoo mumbled out a greeting with a bow of his head to the two he knew, and tried to push Mino inside, but he easily slipped through Jinwoo’s fingers.

And now he was standing in front of the group of friends, smiling brightly. “Hi!”

They greeted back, snickering. Thankfully, they didn’t seem malicious, only amused.

Before he understood what was going on, Mino’s arms were around Jinwoo’s waist and he was being pulled close. Immediately his heart started racing uncomfortably—sure his neighbours seemed to be his age, or younger, but he couldn’t take their age as indication that they were open minded. You never know.

But it was too late for warnings. A drunk Mino didn’t understand the subtleties of Jinwoo’s gentle pushes.

“This is my boyfriend,” it was there, out in the open.

Jinwoo’s cheeks were burning. He was no longer cold, he was sweating with fear of the people’s reaction, however he kept his gaze downcast, avoiding their eyes. Therefore, he didn’t see their reactions.

“Isn’t he the prettiest?”

Jinwoo was now seriously struggling, trying to pull Mino along, but a response from the group came as a unanimous yes, spoken through chuckles. He dared look up and he thought that he saw something in the people before him – not just amusement, but fondness.

“Oh no, that wasn’t a question,” Mino proceeded. “He is absolutely the prettiest. Oh, but, he’s the most beautiful when he’s smiling—” saying this, he leaned his head on Jinwoo’s, closing his eyes and smiling. But then his eyes snapped open and he started poking at Jinwoo’s cheeks. “He’s got dimples!”

He leaned over and, not easing on the poking, said to Jinwoo, “Babe, show them your dimples!”

Jinwoo thought he’d die of embarrassment at this request. But, there was something in the way Mino was showing him off that made him want to oblige, just because it was so harmless. And met with their spectators’ expectation, he couldn’t help it.

Jinwoo gave the kittenish smile he does, the one that shows his dimples the most.

He wasn’t expecting much, but the groups of friends not only collectively ‘awww’ed at him, they gave him a small applause.

It was the most praise he’d ever gotten for the least effort he’d ever given.

“Well—we gotta go now,” Jinwoo said, and that time when he pushed, Mino actually moved.

“Bye!” He yelled to the people now left behind him, and they called their goodbyes back at him.

 

I'm having a hard time believing that this story has truly reached its end. I kind of want to cry but kind of can't.
Again, thank you to everyone who stuck with this story, thank you to everyone who commented to everyone who left kudos, to everyone who appreciated this fic in any way.
As sad as I am that I'm leaving this particular project behind, I'm going to keep on writing of course, so I invite everyone to stick with me and my other stories <3