Perfection

Jaechun (Drabbles)

 

This here's not much. It's an incomplete drabble waiting to be posted somehow and I choose now to post it, anyway. It's very subtle... or not XD, but do try to enjoy! :) You go figure whose POV is this. 

--

I could never quite figure out what his obsession with perfection is. He isn't perfect. That's for sure, and no one really is. In. Any. Given. Or. Not. Given. Way.
 
But...in the eyes of many, he is. Or at least, was. Not until he's figured out what made him imperfect or well...let's take into consideration telling the reason for that a little later on.
 
He always got aces. Lots and lots of them. He volunteers in non-extracurricular and extracurricular-alike activities in school. He was always the talk, the buzz, the whatever you call it person. 
 
But maybe one flaw he had was being single, and the day I talked to him, I knew he'd cure that sooner or later.
 
The day I told him probably was one of the worst days in his life. I couldn't even figure whether he's had his share of worst case scenarios or not. In the eyes of many, at least he's one who always got his way and almost always spread his outburst of happiness. He had almost the perfect and sociable friends, actually. 
 
But in any given case, I told him on that same day that he should stop being perfect. That day was also the day he flunked a minor subject: Music, which is the subject I never failed, mind you.
 
On that same day, I watched as he sulked. Getting one failing grade probably meant a lot or at least it absolutely means a lot, for he could've got in the honor roll if not for that. I told him that he couldn't get what he wants, and he replied saying that he doesn't always get everything right, yes, but his tone made him sound like it's the first time he's feeling such utter failure or failure in itself within him.
 
His whole form bent down, and everything about him felt like rainy days and dull-colored clouds all of a sudden.
 
When he looked up in a more refined stature, he asked me, "So would you be my idea of perfection?" 
 
And I don't know what made me laugh the minute he said that. It was all too sudden, all too unreal. I just took it as I'll be the light to guide him along his way from now on. 
 
And maybe in that he saw perfection in me; like I'll provide the missing, the empty space in his lonely (sort of, like right now) world.