MINGYU I

Autumn's Melody

Finally I’m back home after that boring Business trip I had in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines. The countries appealed to me a lot. Everything was beautiful and mesmerising apart from the people that I was with. The Head of Marketing for our Oil Reserves, Mr. Yoon was very deceptive I didn’t liked the bloke even before I became the heir of K GROUP. But now I don’t even want to think about work even a single bit of it. I just want to tuck myself in these warm navy and sky blue stained sheets and doze off to sleep. My room was condemned therefore no light can seep through the windows. As I was about to close my eyes, I was awaken by a buzz directly bursting at my right ear. It was my phone. I’ve made it clear to all of my personal assistants to tell everyone from the company that I shouldn’t be disturbed. This is the only day that I can rest after that 14-day business trip and then the next two weeks I’ll be going to LA to meet a client. How am I supposed to rest in this household when no one knows how to manage their jobs well? Before I could even turn my phone to a baseball and throw it to the wall, I saw that it was my secretary from the Gangnam office. Even though I knew I’d regret this, I still answered the call.

‘What do you need Secretary Boo?’  I said as I waffled my pillows.

‘Mr. Kim, it’s an emergency. It’s Ms. Im, she’s sold half of our oil reserves. The investors from Singapore learnt all about it and wants to terminate the contract.’ He sounded nervous I could almost see his face pale and sweat beads surrounding his forehead.

‘She’s got no power over it how can she sell it off? Have you contacted Mr. Hong?’ It didn’t really sunk in my head until I realized, what happened. I quickly jumped out of bed and headed to the toilet. I placed the call on speaker phone and snatched everything I needed. 

‘Mr. Hong’s files were hacked by her and no one can undo it,’ His tone changed and became tense. ‘Please come quickly Mr. Kim’ He said pleadingly.

‘I will. At the moment I will ask my brother to come up to you and try to sort things out’

 I ended the call and pampered quickly. How can she do this to the company? How can she do this to my brother? She was the only person that we both loved. Im Da Eun, what have you done?

 

‘Sir, I thought it was your holiday?’ My butler, Mr. Yang asked me scrunching his eyebrows together in confusion. And before I could even answer, I dashed down the staircase and jumped into my car. Unknowingly, Mr. Yang followed me out so I rolled my window down.

‘It’s Da Eun.’ I looked at him and his eyes started to glaze.

‘I hope you’ll be able to fix it Sir and please for your brother’s sake, be careful.’ He leaned back and stood straight. I just nodded in response and hurried off.

Heading off to the motorways is a complete waste of time. The traffic is snake like; unending, long and swirly. I’ve got to rethink and take back what I’ve said about how I love being in Korea with all this congestions and traffics. The stop light is on green but the cars won’t move a single bit. I was approaching an intersection. I knew if I turned right, the traffic would probably meet me halfway. But if I continued to proceed down this road it will be easier even if it’s a residential area. Green light. I missed my opportunity to race down the intersection but I’m happily sitting on the tip of the intersection and suddenly my phone rang. Luckily, it was connected in my car’s system so I answered it from the touch screen monitor below the air conditioning. 

‘Mingyu, what happened?’ It was my best friend, Wonwoo. I’m one of his suppliers of papers for his book company that he and his sister runs. 

‘I don’t know. I’m on my way there. Where are you?’ I asked while tapping my fingers on the steering wheel and looking at the stop light. 

‘I’m on my way to you too. I’m just waiting for my secretary. Do you need anything?’ I almost nodded in response but I remembered it was a voice call.

‘Moral support I guess? I’ll meet you in a while. Thanks Wonwoo.’ The red light suddenly switched to a green and I sped down the intersection. Before I could even enter the bloody street, a car popped out of the blue to turn left from her way. It was an easy left because the two streets were right next to each other. But apparently, there’s no left turn if you came from that street because of the cars crossing from the street I came from or else there would be a collision. In which today, I had. I was careless and couldn’t press quickly on that brake so I bumped into the car’s right rear end. 

‘What a great day for you Mingyu, what a great day.’ A deep and distraught moan escaped my lips. 

I idled for a fair bit inside my car and contemplated whether I’d phone Mr. Yang to get this sorted out or tell Secretary Boo to give full access to my computer and my files. I kept my calm but I’m already on the verge of throwing a fit. I rested my head on the steering wheel and sighed again. I tilted my head up and saw the driver of the white Hyundai car. I felt my mouth drop a little bit when she walked towards my car. I couldn’t stop staring at this girl. My stomach churned and my heart raced. It felt like I’ve already seen her from somewhere. It felt like a mixture of love and hate. It felt like my head was telling my heart to stop racing but it couldn’t. Who is she? Why does she make me feel this way?