Ending.

Insomniac

It was around 3am when the phone that was neatly placed beside her rang again.

“Hello?” She answered groggily.

“Wannie?” A slurred response was given.

Wendy’s ears perked at that familiar voice once more and her eyebrows frowned in annoyance when she realised what was happening.

“Joohyun, are you drunk? You know you cant drink well, why do you still-“

“Jennie asked me (hic) out, so I just followed her. I didn’t (hic) want to drinkkkk”

Wendy sighed. What was in the past should have been left in the past. But it seems that however hard Wendy tried to detach herself from the raven haired girl, there seems to be an invisible string that pulls her right back and restricts her.

But after multiple advices from her close friends, (and also a ton of googling), Wendy decided not to keep up with this unknown relationship between them anymore.

Wendy’s heart dropped once again when she recounted the events that led to their eventual breakup. It will always be a thorn, a sting in her heart. Irene had wanted to focus on her studies and claimed that a relationship was not what she wanted at that time. Wendy could still have convinced her otherwise if not for the bombshell that Irene let on.

No, it was not that she has fallen for someone else.

It was “Wendy, you are too clingy and burdensome. I cant keep it up any longer.”

Those words pierced Wendy like an arrow. Till date, the wounds may have been stitched but there will still be a scar. Because of those words, it made the girl self-conscious and also afraid to get too close to others for a while.

“Whatever. I’m ending this call.” Wendy replied coldly.

“WAIT.”

“What do you want now?”

“I…I m-miss your voice. Please-“

Wendy softened at that. But then again, who wouldn’t? But it took a shake of her head to rid of unnecessary thoughts and become that hard-hearted Wendy again.

“Do I need to remind you why we ended things?”

“I…I-” What started off as a response ended with a mixture of sobbing and whimpering sounds.

Wendy sighed once more as her heart softened. She couldn’t bear it when girls cry, especially her ex-girlfriend.

“Forget it. Where are you?”

“The park near my house”

Wendy grabbed her jacket and promptly left the house.

Wendy looked around the park and saw a small figure huddling by a bench. She walked towards the figure, draped her jacket over the small shoulders and felt that same electricity when the figure leant against and nestled in Wendy’s arms comfortably.

Like a jigsaw puzzle, they match and fit against each other well.

Wendy adjusted her arms and posture to let the drunken one feel more comfortable while Irene was leaning against her.

“Why did you even go and drink with Jennie?”

“She confessed to me today.”

Wendy felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach at this revelation. However, she swallowed and took a deep breath to calm herself for what could potentially be next.

“And? How was it?”

“You idiot-”

Wendy was a little confused at the sudden berate but remained silent.

“-I don’t want to be with anyone unless its with you.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello insomniacs, im back! I myself am having insomnia LMAO. Mostly unedited, its 4am right now so i guess i should try to nap. Will edit when im up and preparing for work.