Parks And Picnics

When You Accidentally Fall In Love With Your Matchmaker Instead Of Your Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rather early Thursday morning, the time and day during which Ji Hyo had scheduled her blind date, thanks to Jong Kook's matchmaking services again. Ji Hyo had chosen the venue of her second blind date again- a park. More specifically, her park. The one nearest her apartment complex.

Ji Hyo loved parks. She had many beautiful memories of playing all sorts of games as a child with her cousins and friends. As she walked towards the park in her floral sundress and floppy beach hat, Ji Hyo inhaled the fresh air that came with the park deeply, sighing in relief. Her week had been busy, and in all honesty she was hoping to have fun on the date to release some of the stress that had built up inside her because of work. 

Just then, Ji Hyo's phone buzzed with an incoming call. Ji Hyo sighed, hoping nothing had cropped up at work. To her relief and pleasure, Jong Kook was calling her.

She picked up immediately.

"Hello!"

Ji Hyo greeted cheerily through the phone, feeling her heart clench as the man on the receiving end chuckled warmly.

"Hello to you too, Ji Hyo-yah. Your date'll be starting in ten minutes, are you there yet?"

"Just entered the park! Where exactly am I meeting this guy again? It's a big park, you know."

Jong Kook laughed. "It's under a huge tree by the bridge. Need me to help you find your way?"

Ji Hyo blushed, recalling the time she couldn't find the restaurant of her first blind date when she was already opposite the place. 

"Hey! That was one time- it was crowded and I was unfamiliar with the place! This time I'll be fine, it's the park nearest to my apartment after all; what could go wrong?"

"Alright then. I'll trust you to find your own way. Call me if you need anything, yeah?"

Ji Hyo smirked. "I won't."

As it turned out, a lot could go wrong. Ji Hyo did not know the park outside her house as well as she thought she did; due to not actually stepping in the place often. It was because of her busy schedule of course, but Ji Hyo did not realize until it was a little too late how lost she was in her own park. 

And yes it was technically her park, since it was owned by Cheon Enterprises, and by extension, her. Just like her entire apartment complex. 

Ji Hyo sighed. She was going to be late for her date wasn't she? And after she had so boldly rejected Jong Kook's help to give her directions.

 

 

Jong Kook was doing stretches and preparing for a good morning run. He was in the park Ji Hyo was going on a date in, because his brother and his family had just moved into their new home and he was helping them get settled in, and the nearby park was the most convenient place for jogging.

Yeah. That's why he was at the park. To exercise. Not to make sure Ji Hyo didn't get lost. Definitely not so that he could see Ji Hyo. Nope, the only reason why he was at the park was to exercise.

Just then, he spotted a familiar woman looking all lost and confused. He had been doing his stretches near the bridge he had told Ji Hyo her date would meet her at, not because he wanted to have a chat with Ji Hyo before her date started, but because he was being a very good matchmaker and was making sure Ji Hyo found the place on time so her date could go smoothly.

Jong Kook ignored the gnawing thought in the back of his mind that he had never done this for any of his previous clients. He slowly approached Ji Hyo and tapped on her shoulder, his breath hitching when she turned around. 

She was so beautiful, in that pretty floral sundress, her hair teasing the bare glowing skin of her shoulders. Her lipstick was a pretty crimson red and Jong Kook had to resist the urge to kiss her. She was that girl you fell in love with on first sight in summer.

"Jong Kook Oppa? What are you doing here?" Ji Hyo had to admit that although she was surprised to see Jong Kook, she was very grateful and happy that he was there. He looked rather casual and was wearing a grey hoodie and a cap. Despite his simple getup, he looked good, like someone you wanted to cuddle with in bed.

Thankfully, Jong Kook had recovered in time from the attack of Ji Hyo's beauty. His heart no longer pounded hard and fast nor was his head painfully reeling. He smiled and formed a response to Ji Hyo's inquiry.

"Well, since you were so kind as to set my brother's family up with an affordable yet huge home, they allocated a guest room for me to stay in every now and then. I was just there helping them get moved in and settled in their new home, so I decided to come out for a run and make sure someone didn't get lost." Jong Kook smiled cheekily at Ji Hyo as he said this, making her blush.

"I'm sorry- refusing your help was preposterous of me. I swear I'm usually good with directions!" Ji Hyo insisted. She was good at finding her way around places and she would stand by her claim, damnit.

"Oh I'm pretty sure you're good with directions. You just can't tell when you've arrived at your destination." Jong Kook teased, and it pushed Ji Hyo's buttons because of how true his words were. She playfully slapped him on the shoulder in retaliation. 

"Oh stop it, you! But seriously, can we go meet my blind date now? I feel rude making him wait on me."

"The tree behind you is where you'll both meet. See? You wound up opposite the right place, yet again! But yeah, he's not there, so he's late. I'll check in with him."

Ji Hyo pouted cutely as Jong Kook whipped his phone out to text Ji Hyo's blind date.

"So I'm the early one? Wow, someone's a Late Lucas." Ji Hyo tapped her foot, feeling impatient already. "While we're waiting, why don't you tell me about how you went about choosing my blind date? What was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter