Water Theme Parks And Love Sick Songs

When You Accidentally Fall In Love With Your Matchmaker Instead Of Your Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry Miss, but we really have nothing else."

Ji Hyo sighed.

"Seriously? No summer-themed halter tops? Tank tops? Nothing that even vaguely resembles a shirt?"

Ji Hyo was currently in the swim wear shop at Song Joong Ki's water theme park. Having not have gone swimming in the longest time or vacationed at any water theme parks due to her ever-packed hectic schedule, Ji Hyo didn't exactly own any proper outfits of swimwear material to wear on a date. And she was too afraid to risk one of her beloved shirts' lives by subjecting them to the chlorine water in the theme park.

And she didn't want to stop by a random shopping mall to search for any water park attire either- thinking she'd end up being spoiled for choice and arrive late for her date. 

But now Ji Hyo was finding herself not in the least spoiled for choice in this lousy swimwear shop. 

"What kind of swimwear shop doesn't sell proper swimwear?" Ji Hyo huffed. She was getting slightly ticked.

The salesgirl shriveled slightly under Ji Hyo's wrath.

"Sorry... This is a small theme park, and we're a small shop."

Ji Hyo crossed her arms. "Really small, apparently..."

"And with all due respect Miss- bikini tops are a form of swim wear." She mumbled, almost like a whimper. 

Ji Hyo softened significantly, feeling bad for having scared the poor girl who didn't look a year older than 20.

"I know- but I'm not here for a photoshoot; I don't want to parade around in something that skimpy; walking around almost ."

The salesgirl scratched her head. 

"I don't understand- are you here for a family gathering miss?"

Ji Hyo bit her lip. "No, I'm here for a date." 

The salesgirl was very confused now. 

"But if you're here on a date, shouldn't you dress to impress? It's not like you can't pull off any of the bikini tops in this shop; of all the types- retro, bandeau, halter, triangle... I think you'd suit them all? Miss, you have an ideal body! You don't need to worry..." The salesgirl seemed almost angry at Ji Hyo, in slight envy of her body proportions.

It made Ji Hyo chuckle. "Thank you, I suppose."

The salesgirl gave an awkward shy smile. "I'm sorry for that- hope I didn't come off as rude."

Ji Hyo shook her head. "No, you didn't. But it's not my body I'm insecure about. I just feel safer with more clothes on I guess? It'd probably be warmer. And I'm not a young girl anymore- wearing a bikini top at my age feels strange and inappropriate."

The salesgirl was very, very confused now. 

"Miss, how old are you exactly?"

Ji Hyo glanced away with a pout. "I just turned 35 recently..."

The salesgirl's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"You're 35?!" She nearly shrieked, covering almost immediately after to prevent anymore unprofessional sounds from emerging. 

Ji Hyo sighed. "I know I know, at my age I shouldn't still be on dates, but rather married with like two kids. But- I've been too focussed on work."

The salesgirl shook her head vigorously. 

"That's not what I meant at all? Miss, you don't look a year over 30! That's so unfair to all other women!"

Ji Hyo burst into fits of laughter. "Oh please! You flatter me..."

The salesgirl shook her head again.

"I swear I'm not! Honestly, it's a wonder you're not a movie star or top celebrity... Miss, I must insist you wear one of the bikini tops here on your date today. It'd be a waste if you didn't show off your body!"

Ji Hyo blushed, finally caving. "Oh fine, I will." What choice did she have anyway? She was definitely too lazy and pressed for time before the date started to go to another shop.

"And Miss, can you fulfill this one selfish request of mine?" The girl asked innocently.

Ji Hyo smiled. "Alright. Since you've been nothing but patient and kind with me this whole time. What do you want?"

The girl jumped up and down excitedly, grinning from ear to ear.

"I want to pick the bikini top you'll wear!" 

Ji Hyo could only laugh and nod. "Okay, but don't take too long yeah? Don't want to be late on a first date..."

However, walking out of the shop with the skimpy purchase in hand, Ji Hyo began to regret her decision of letting the fate of her outfit rest in the hands of a young salesgirl. 

As she went to change in the women's locker room, she sighed to herself.        

"What the hell is this..."

It wasn't that she looked bad- rather she looked... too good? She felt very exposed, and somehow deep down she didn't want to show herself off to Song Joong Ki. 

Somehow, not even before meeting him, Ji Hyo had already deemed the man someone not worth displaying herself to. Not that she thought Song Joong Ki would be a bad man, but... she just wasn't seeing him as an option? 

He was an option, though. As her date that day, he was rightfully someone supposed to be an option. And yet there Ji Hyo was, having all those apprehensive thoughts. 

She knew who this was about, and he'd be in the same theme park as her all day. It was almost as if they were fated, yet not quite fated enough. 

Ah, screw it. What about the promise she had made to herself? She was supposed to forget him, move on, and focus on her dating. He wasn't supposed to be an option. 

But why not? A deep dark crevice of her mind asked. Why must we get over him? 

Ji Hyo thought hard. Yes, she needed to forget him because she had fallen too hard and too fast for the man, and it would only crash and burn, give her a lifetime's worth of heartbreak if she pursued him. 

But what if he liked her too? Loved her too as she did him?

Ji Hyo shook her head, refusing to give herself false hope, especially not mere minutes before a date! She decided to push aside all thoughts of Jong Kook, and go off confidently to meet Song Joong Ki and hit him with everything she had. Even if Song Joong Ki didn't happen to be the one which Ji Hyo didn't feel like he would be, she needed a rebound date. At the very least.

 

 

Jong Kook was adjusting the straps of the specialized child-size life jacket on Seung Ho. 

"Jong Kook Samchon, do you think we'll see Ji Hyo Noona today?"

Jong Kook shook his head. "No Seung Ho-yah. Ji Hyo's not here to be with us today-"

"It's Ji Hyo Unnie!"

He had spoken too soon, apparently. His terrible timing made him sigh inwardly. Still, he couldn't help but turn around to look at the mention of her name, telling himself it was out of courtesy but knowing in his heart that it was out of his yearn to seek her out.

Either way, it was a complete and utter mistake. He shouldn't have looked, because now looking felt like a sin.

Because Ji Hyo looked like a perfect representation of sin. The embodiment of it, even.

"Ah, kids! Hello!" Ji Hyo greeted the children amicably as she took quick strides towards them and Seung Ho and Hoya basically made a mad dash for her. 

Jong Kook could only stand there and stare. This woman- did she know the things she did to him? Jong Kook almost salivated upon first glance of her perfect figure, clad in a pair of tight shorts and a white bikini top. Which was doing a terrible job of actually covering Ji Hyo up. Those triangular shaped pieces of her outfit hugged her ample bosom so closely Jong Kook could've cried. He was still rooted to the spot, not wanting to get closer out of fear.

But Seung Ho and Hoya were apparently in opposition to this; as they began dragging Ji Hyo excitedly towards him, as Ji Hyo hurriedly trailed behind and could only laugh. 

"Hey, Ji Hyo." Jong Kook awkwardly greeted.

"Nice bumping into you." Ji Hyo replied, just as awkwardly. 

"Look, Jong Kook Samchon and Ji Hyo Unnie match!" Hoya pointed out happily.

And they did. Jong Kook was sporting a simple white t-shirt that seemed old and faded. And like it would hug his every curve and muscle should he get wet. Ji Hyo both hoped and dreaded getting to see that happen. 

"Yes, we're both dressed in white." Jong Kook acknowledged to avoid an awkward silence, which thankfully due to the excited Seung Ho and Hoya, didn't happen. 

The "silence" part that is. The "awkward" bit? Not so much avoided as it was the one word that could sum up both Jong Kook's and Ji Hyo's feelings.

"Umma told us that people wear white when they get married. Noona, is Jong Kook Samchon and Ji Hyo Noona getting married?" Seung Ho asked innocently, making Jong Kook and Ji Hyo go completely red.

"People aren't always getting married when they're wearing white, Seung Ho-yah. Let's stop bothering Ji Hyo yeah? Weren't you two excited to try out the water rides?" Jong Kook said with slight desperation.

"But I want to play with Ji Hyo Noona!"

"Me too!"

Ji Hyo chuckled and patted the two kids on their heads.

"I have to meet someone first. You two go ahead with your Jong Kook Samchon, yeah? I'll see you kids later."

The two children seemed mildly disappointed, but nodded their heads in understanding. 

"Then we'll go first. Come on Jong Kook Samchon!" 

And with that, the two kids grabbed Jong Kook and ran excitedly towards the nearest water play area. Ji Hyo took note of the direction they went in, wanting very much to see them later.

She began to make her way to the meeting place, following the signboards as she did. When she approached the area, she heard the joyful laughter of a man and a woman.

She recognized the man as Song Joong Ki from his picture, but did not recognize the woman. That being said, the woman with Joong Ki was rather pretty, and Joong Ki looked like he was in bliss laughing and joking with her. They seemed rather close.

The woman saw Ji Hyo approaching first, and apparentl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter