Chapter 3

Goodbye Summer

[Please play this song while reading - GOT7 - Let Me]

It was the spring time when I realized my true feelings for Jaehyun.

“Look!” Jaehyun smiled while handing me piece of colorful papers.

“What’s this?” I asked getting a paper from his hand.

“Trip to Hanagae Beach for Two?” I read the pamphlet and looked at him/

“I got a discount from my friend who organizes the trip and I am taking you with me.” He explained. We are at the Engineering Building’s garden since our class got cancelled. We enjoying the spring grass and blooming flowers under the sun.

“Why me?” I asked him while keeping a copy of the pamphlet in my bag.

“Because why not you?” He said opening an book.

“Yah! Jung Jaehyun! We don’t have a class. Stop studying.” I said while lying down the grass.

“I need to study for the upcoming exam.” He smirked then put my head on his lap.

“Tch. Genius Bastard.” I muttered and he giggled. As if it was his instinct that he intertwined his right hand his mine. I looked at him while he was seriously reading the book.

It is already pretty normal for us to be this “intimate”. I don’t remember when it exactly started but I guess I’m pretty much in love with him. All of our friends assume that we are together and we don’t even do anything to deny that. We just laugh it off.

“What?” He asked putting down the book and looked at me too. I snapped back at reality.

“Nothing,” I blushed and looked away.

“You’re so cute,” he mumbled while caressing my cheeks with his other hand.


The spring trip came and I was literally dragged by my parents out of the house to join Jaehyun.

“Don’t worry dad, mom. I will take care of her,” Jaehyun told my parents whom he now calls dad and mom as they handed him my luggage.

“What did you do to them?” I rolled my eyes at him as I put on my seat belt.

“My charms?” Jaehyun looked at me and winked.

I don’t know how much I slept but I woke up as soon as we arrived at the Hanagae Beach. We checked in to separate rooms and met each other for dinner at the resort’s restaurant.

The ambiance was homey yet sophisticated. We talked about our future plans and after the light dinner, we decided to go night swimming.

“That was refreshing!” I exclaimed sitting at a log near the resort’s bonfire. Jaehyun placed a towel on my shoulder and handed me a hot mocha then sat beside me.

“Thanks.” I said and sipped my hot mocha. We talked about random things for almost an hour then suddenly, an unscheduled meteor shower happened.

“Uwa~” I marveled at the sight of thousand stars. I whispered, “It’s so beautiful.”

“Yes, so beautiful.” Jaehyun awed then he kissed my cheeks. I was so startled when I looked at him. Not saying a word, he leaned and kissed me on my lips.

He pulled back and said, “I love you.”

My heart raced like a wild horse. Not holding myself back, I answered, “I love you too.”

That night was full of bliss. We talked under the blanket of stars while holding each other. It was around 3am when we decided to call it a night. He walked me towards my room. We exchanged “I love you’s” before he went inside the room across mine.

That spring made my heart bloom with the flowers.