Calm Down, Chaeng

The Tamed Tiger's Tale

Ever since we’ve officially signed our names up to become roommates for the stupid trip, I haven’t been able to focus on anything.

 

Like, it’s ridiculous.

I fell down the stairs 3 times within 2 days and I’ve been making the most retarded mistakes on my quizzes-

And it’s not just the usual slip-ups like forgetting to jot down my name or something, no no.

 

I completed an English exam in full Korean.

I ran the opposite direction for our 100-metre dash fitness test.

I got the answer ‘15640000’ for a math question when the choices were, 3, 9, 15, and 21.

I almost killed myself by mixing the wrong chemicals together during a lab. It exploded.

 

What am I supposed to do with myself…

It’s a miracle that I’m still alive.

 

It’s obvious that I don’t pay attention to any of my classes, but I get away with it because I’ve learnt everything we needed to know for the semester during our vacays.

I may not seem like it, but I am an honour student.

I prefer to self-teach myself the information beforehand and it works perfectly fine.

I prove myself to the teachers by doing well on their tests so they don’t bug me about how I act in their classes.

Smart, right?

 

Well, I was smart until recently.

 Thanks to my recent behaviour the teachers have been sticking their nose into my business again.

Gosh, I hate it so much.

 

“Mina-yang, can you please help out Chaeyoung-yang with her English? Her marks have been drastically plumbing downwards for the past few days.” I overheard our teacher talk to her after class, making me join in the conversation that was about myself.

“ you.” I spoke in perfect English, but instantly felt a slap on my from Mina as a ‘punishment’ for my foul word choice.

 

Sorry hun, but that ain’t really working.

I won’t say why.

 

“I know you’re excited for the school trip and all, but the trip is supposed to be an award for your class’s great average scores.” the teacher reminded. “It’s more of a reason to not let your guard down. You should feel like you deserved it.”

Mina thanked him for his advice like the kind human-being she was while I simply rolled my eyes.

“Yes sir…”

 

 

The two of us left the building as soon as school ended.

Interestingly, we both sensed an instant déjà vu as someone’s voiced called out from afar-

But it wasn’t for me this time.

 

Just like a few days ago, we found someone near the front gate, waiting.

There stood a chick whom I recognised as someone from class 2-A.

Why was she trembling?

Was it because she searched for pictures of geese teeth on Google? Because that’s the last thing that made me tremble.

 

“M-Myoui Mina-sshi!” I saw her blush widely as she made her way to stand in front of our transfer student.

Then I saw her glance at me for a split second.

 

Oh, I already know where this was going.

Hello heart-break number 14.

 

“May I speak with you for a moment, p-please?” she barely managed to squeak out.

“Sure.”

 

I widened my eyes from Mina’s quick, unhesitant response.

She was even smiling back with those alluring eyes of hers.

Yah Mina, are you cheating-but-not-cheating on me?!

 

“So what is it?” Mina asked, still not understanding the meaning behind those sort of words.

What an adorable foreigner.

Kawaii desu.

 

“Um… Can we talk elsewhere...?” I heard the girl stammer in embarrassment, obviously uncomfortable from my -blocking presence.

Deal with it bud.

I ain’t moving unless Mina orders me to.

 

“Chaeyoungie, can you please take 10 big steps away from us?”

 

… SHE ACTUALLY ING ASKED.

I FEEL SO BETRAYED EVEN THOUGH SHE TECHNICALLY DID NOTHING WRONG.

YOU FOR MAKING ME CRAZY, MYOUI MINA.

 

Still, I’m a woman of my word.

I did I was told despite being incredibly salty about it.

I thought 10 big steps wouldn’t be much thanks to my short- legs, but it was actually enough for their words to be undecipherable.

God dang it, there goes my chance of eavesdropping.

 

I crossed my arms grumpily as I watched the chick obviously confess her undying love to our class’s Japanese goddess, who actually giggled and placed a hand onto the girl’s shoulders.

I shouldn’t be feeling jealous since she’s not even mine, but I couldn’t help but to feel my heart ache from seeing that moment.

I don’t even know what they were really talking about and I’m already upset.

You’re pathetic, Son Chaeyoung.

 

I didn’t pay attention to how their conversation ended, and Mina was already back by my side before I even realised it.

“Let’s go, Chaeyoung-ah.” she flashed her gummy-grin at me as if nothing happened.

I returned her a frown instead.

 

“What did she have to say?” I questioned, my voice hiding nothing.

“She said she likes me.” Mina simply answered.

Wow, she must be numb from confessions by now.

Her expression was completely indifferent despite revealing she just got confessed.

“And what did you say?” I then asked.

 

We suddenly made eye contact and she gave me another bright smile.

Maybe it’s just me, but somehow I felt like she had a mischievous look on her face.

 

私は虎だけが好きです.”

“… That’s ing unfair!!!”

 

 

 

Boom.

Just like that, somehow, the day of the school trip arrived.

 

Our class met up with the other at the main gym, where our teachers were making sure everyone was present.

I glanced around and realised how a lot of girls had brought their sh*t in mini luggages- Mina included.

I really don’t get why they have so much stuff when we’re only spending a single night out.

That’s why my lazy shoved all the essentials into one backpack.

All I care about was to make it through the night without making a complete fool of myself in front of Mina.

 

It’s gonna be so dangerous, oh my God.

My most fragile side may be exposed to her, since we’ll be in the same room for the whole night.

Together.

 

Alone.

 

Yah Chaeyoung, no thoughts, okay?

This shouldn’t have a [M] symbol on it, so keep your mind pure.

 

After all the students have arrived, we got onto the buses.

They were having karaoke battles on board so I wore my earplugs while Mina listened to her music.

Despite the heavy noise pollution she somehow managed to fall asleep, and to my luck her head gradually rested itself onto my shoulder, making me become as stiff as a stone.

 

How was she capable of doing that without breaking her neck?!

Although I don’t want to confess it, aren’t I a bit too short for her to lean on?!

 

I shook the extra thoughts away and focused on not losing my sh*t over how adorable she looked while she was asleep.

Thankfully we sat near the front of the bus so no one took notice of the sleeping penguin, or else they’d be all over her cuteness too.

 

 

Our first stop was a freakin’ water park.

Who’s idea was it to bring high schoolers to a water park for a school trip?

They’re either erts or they’re really just not giving a anymore.

 

Of course, I didn’t bring a swimsuit.

I knew I wouldn’t bother as soon as we went over the schedule a few days ago.

Why do humans jump straight into a substance that would literally kill them?

Are they dumb or what??

 

I went to take a seat on a sun chair while everyone else went to get changed.

I forgot to worry about Mina until people started coming back out- more specifically, it wasn’t until I heard literal screams that I remembered Mina mentioning the fact she really enjoyed playing in the water.

I instantly figured out why people were hollering.

 

I jumped up from my seat and quickly looked around to find her, and man was it easy. All it took was to locate the crowd.

I forced myself to squeeze my way through despite my hatred of touching unfamiliar people, but it was a sacrifice I had to make to get to her side.

 

I’d have to say, I wasn’t prepared for what I witnessed.

 

Myoui Mina wore a pink, tight-fitting, long-sleeved crop top swim shirt accompanied by a pair of white, short- swim shorts.

Her bare legs ing glowed under the sunlight.

And she has abs.

ABS.

THREE FINE LINES.

No wonder they were screaming.

 

As soon as Mina saw me, she instantly found a way to hide behind my petite body as she blushed crazily from embarrassment.

I knew what I had to do.

“STOP STARIN’, YA’ S!” I hissed defensively as I dispersed the crowd. “If I see any boners I won’t hesitate to chop ‘em off!”

The guys scurried away upon hearing that sentence while some girls were still busy admiring the transfer student’s figure.

 

“Oh my gosh, how on Earth do you look like that?” one marvelled in envy, “You have the body of a model, Mina-yah!”

“Do you go on diets? Or are you just born perfect?” another added while observing closely.

I glanced at Mina who seemed a bit more comfortable now that there were less people gawking.

“I just exercise when I have time.” she smiled shyly, “I guess genetics is a part of it too.”

“Luckyyyy!” the other girls cried in unison while I sighed and returned to my seat.

 

I didn’t realise she’d follow me still.

 

“Go swim.” I pointed to the pool with a nod of my head, “I thought you were pumped about this part of the trip.”

“I- I was.” she hugged her towel tightly, “But I want you to join me…”

“Tigers are wild cats and cats hate water.” I reasoned, “Plus I don’t know how to swim. I’m not planning on dying today.”

“Unlike most wild cats, tigers enjoy swimming.” she actually correct my information.

Wow, even her brain is y.

 

“And I can always teach you, Chaeyoungie. You can trust me!”

“As you can see sweetie, I didn’t bring any swimwear.”

“Anything can be a swimwear if you just jump in.”

 

And just like that I was dragged into the cold, cold water.

I subconsciously let out a high-pitched shriek when my lower body got submerged into the pool thanks to the playful Japanese girl.

Our other classmates were laughing at the sight of us, enjoying their chance of teasing me.

 

“Chaeyoung! You sounded like a struggling kitten who’s forced to take a bath!”

“Can your legs reach the bottom? Don’t drown!”

“Mina, teach her well!”

 

“ YOU GUYS.” I whined while I felt my cheeks burning up. I somehow managed to dog-paddle my way back to the side.

I was about to take a step out of the water until a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist, pulling me right back in. “YAH!”

“It’s okay, I got you.” I heard Mina’s soothing voice, her breath tickling my ear as her face was way too dangerously close.

She was kind of back-hugging me as she held me up, making sure my head was far from the water.

I was praying that she couldn’t feel my rapid heartbeat since my face was now blushing for another reason.

 

“Do you want to try floating?” she asked while I shook my head violently.

“I just want out, thank you.”

“Aww, okay then.” I saw her pout before she helped me climb out of the pool in peace, respecting my words like the kind person she was.

I quickly scurried back to the sun chair, making sure no one would abduct me into the water again while keeping an eye out for my one-night roommate.

 

Mina was now enjoying her time in the pool as she swam around.

She still reminded me of a penguin despite looking quite graceful within the water.

She’s capable of looking elegant no matter what she was doing. That’s some weird- talent right there.

 

After swimming non-stop for a while, she finally got out and headed straight to my direction, dripping wet.

Hot damn.

Screw the pool water, I need some holy water.

The sight of her is illegal.

She should get arrested.

 

Out of embarrassment, I threw her towel at her in hopes that she could cover herself up as soon as possible.

But she had another plan in her own mind.

I could tell from the cheeky grin on her face.

 

My lower body was almost dry since all I did was lay under the sun after leaving the pool, but that fact soon changed as Mina thought it was a good idea to sit herself right onto my lap, giving me a big, wet hug.

 

I was in pure bliss, but of course I’ve got to suppress the gay within me. Especially in public.

“Mina!” I exclaimed in embarrassment as I felt her soft body on mine.

She was also subconsciously squishing my face into her lady lumps and I felt like I was about to pass out from shyness.

 

“Yah I was almost dry!” I pretended to complain.

“Sorry for making you wet.” I witnessed her grin turn into a smirk, shocking me with her sudden pun.

I’ve never seen this side of her before and it’s freaking me the out- in a great way of course.

 

My poor heart was finally rescued when our teachers blew the whistle, indicating the fact our waterpark playtime was over.

As I was about to head out with the teachers while everyone else went back into the changing rooms to do their thing, I felt my hand getting grabbed. It was Mina as usual.

 

“Can’t you accompany me?” Mina asked with her puppy-eyes, since she knew they work super well on my weak .

I still tried to put up a fight despite knowing how it was useless. “You’re supposed to get changed, Mina. How am I supposed to accompany you?”

“But I’m scared” she pouted, making me recall the hollering she received from her grand entrance.

I understood right away and gave up my act.

 

We ended up in the ladies’ changing room together.

She went for an empty stall as I followed behind.

I wanted to simply stand outside and guard the door for her-

 

But I didn’t expect to be pulled in.

 

I stared at her with my mouth agape, unable to understand what was going on in her mind.

All I knew was I was going to die of a heart attack if anything else happens.

 

“Why am I also in here?!” I hissed lowly while backing up into a corner.

Other girls were also changing and I didn’t want to create any unnecessary commotion.

 

“Please, I feel so much safer with you by my side.”

“But you need to change!”

“Just turn away and I’ll be quick.”

 

She didn’t even wait for me to turn before she reached for her back zipper, making me swing myself around hastily and accidentally slamming my face onto the wall behind me.

“Are you okay?” I heard her struggle while I held in the pain. Glad the impact wasn’t hard enough to turn me into Lord Voldemort.

“Y-Yeah, you?”

“No, I can’t reach.”

 

I took a deep breath before turning myself back around.

She already had her back facing me so I quickly lent her my helping hand.

My whole arm was shaking uncontrollably as I pulled the zipper all the way down, revealing her .

I instantly felt more blood rushing to my face, thus I quickly hid my face back into my little corner.

I might look like a tomato at this point.

 

“Thank you.” I heard her say before the sound of her undressing echoed within the stall, increasing my pulse dangerously.

I gulped as I saw her swimwear drop onto the floor through the corner of my eye.

 

PG 13, Son Chaeyoung.

Family-friendly mode.

Non-mature content.

Don’t imagine sh*t. Don’t you dare do it.

 

“Okay I’m done.”

I sighed in relief while slowly turning myself around to face her.

She was drying her semi-wet hair with her towel, her eyes staring straight into mine.

She smiled gently before I broke eye-contact and speedily escaped the changing room.

My heart couldn’t handle another second of it. I was going crazy.

 

 

 

I didn’t realise we’ve spent the whole morning at the water park, since our next stop was a restaurant.

Well I guess it was perfect to have lunch now as most kids were hungry from all the swimming.

I was just happy that I could use food to distract me from what I just went through.

 

Mina was happy because she knew what she had done to me.

I’m sure she knew.

 

She had this bold, mischievous look on her face whenever she looked at me.

I had no idea where she got it from and why.

 

 

I’m too scared to know.