Finally, The End

The Tamed Tiger's Tale

Dinner was great apart from the weird tension I accidentally created between Mina and I.

I really became my own worst enemy.

Good job on making things awkward with the person you’re stuck with for the whole night, pabo.

 

After the meal, we decided to go for a stroll outside the hotel since it was on top of a cliff and there were greens ‘n sh*t.

Basically it had fresh air and a good view.

Plus we wanted to help our body with digestion. Stay healthy, kids.

 

As we walked with nothing much to say- since we were both stll traumatised by each of our own shower-incidents, a chick from the other class approached us out of nowhere.

“Myoui Mina,” I heard her call out, “Can I speak with you for a moment?”

 

I recognised this person as one of the fiercer individuals among our grade.

She usually has a gang of girls with her and the sight of them could really be intimidating, but thanks to my ex-status they don’t really mess with me.

 

I was a little sceptical about her sudden approach, but her words were polite enough for me to trust her for now.

I looked at Mina who didn’t really express much.

 

“Yes?” my penguin simply answered.

“Can we talk privately?”

 

Gosh, no ing way.

Is she getting a confession during a school trip too?!

Girl, you’re unbelievable.


Mina looked at me and I could only shrug.

She chose to follow the chick up the slope while I stood on the spot and waited patiently…

 

Nah.

I followed behind, making sure they didn’t notice my sneaky-.

For some reasons my gut feelings were telling me that something was off, and I’m not going to risk anything when it comes to Mina.

 

I hid myself behind a bush while eavesdropping on the two.

I know I shouldn’t be invading their privacy like this, but that girl seems hella sketchy and Mina had zero clue.

Not my penguin, you b*tch.

 

“Myoui Mina… the talk of the town.” I heard the chick exclaim; even the tone of her voice was sketchy. “You’re incredible, huh.”

“Y-Yes?” I heard my roommate answer in utter confusion.

“Look, I won’t waste your time. I’ll get straight to my point.” the girl was kinda showing aggression at this point, but I couldn’t tell for sure since it might just be because of her low and husky voice that made it sound like she was pissed.

 

“When are you going to stop being an attention wh*re?”

 

Oh.

Someone’s pissed alright.

 

“I don’t understand what you’re saying.”

“Of course you don’t, you stupid foreigner.”

 

Woah b*tch, that was uncalled for.

I wanted to step in already, but I knew I had to find out the reason to why she was pestering my roommate in order to end things completely.

 

“Have I done something to upset you?” I heard Mina ask, “I apologise for my ignorance, but I really can’t recall doing anything to upset anyone.”

“Your existence itself is an annoyance, Myoui.” the b*tch dared to snap, her jealousy obviously overflowing.

“Thanks to your ing looks, which is the only thing people love you for, you snatched away one of my girl’s love interest. Of course, being the great friend that I am, I ain’t gonna let you go easily for that.”

 

I decided to take a peek at them from behind the bush.

I flinched upon seeing her approach my penguin, who stepped backwards to maintain a distance.

They were both getting dangerously close to the unprotected edge of the cliff.

I could sense what was going to happen.

 

“I came up with a simple solution, Myoui Mina.” she said as I got up from my crouching position.

I gasped as I witnessed her grab Mina by the collar, making her struggle with her balance.

I began sprinting towards them, as fast as my short legs could take me.

The chick smirked as she successfully trapped her prey.

 

“You’ll be nothing without that face of yours, so why don’t I just it up?”

 

Just as she gave Mina a violent nudge which successfully made her stumble backwards, I somehow managed to grab hold of Mina’s arm and pulled her right back to her original spot.

Perfect timing. 10/10.

Chaeyoung, you mad genius.

 

Unfortunately, though I had aced the timing, I miscalculated my own force-

And ended up throwing myself over the edge instead.

 

Oh .

 

 

The last thing I heard was my name being screamed out by what it seems to be Mina’s voice.

I wasn’t really sure since I’ve never heard her being that loud before.

The last view I saw was the sight of the starry night that was supposed to be above our heads, yet I was facing it directly.

 

Then, everything became pitch black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding.

 

I woke up in a very familiar place- my own bedroom.

Frowning my brows in confusion, I sat myself up.

I immediately winced from a stinging pain in my right arm.

My eyes widened when I removed my blanket away from myself, revealing the rest of my body-

 

Only my arm was wrapped up in a cast, everywhere else seemed perfectly fine.

Jesus, I almost pissed myself.

 

While I was trying to squeeze out some fuzzy memories, my door swung open which revealed my mum. I guess she just got off of work.

“You’re up at last!” she beamed in joy, giving me a gentle hug while making sure to avoid my injured arm. “You were out of it for a whole day, Chaeyoung dear.”

 

“What happened to me?” I asked as I was unable to recall anything. “How did I even get back here?”

“You were involved in an accident during your trip.” my mum began to explain, “You fell off a cliff but luckily sustained minimal injures thanks to the nearby trees and bushes. Apparently they cushioned your fall so you made it out with only one broken bone.”

“I’m assuming it’s this one.” I pointed at it with my chin sarcastically, making my mum chuckle warmly.

“You were also very lucky that someone called for help as soon as you fell. They even made sure your unconscious self was safe and breathing while they waited for the teachers and ambulance.”

 

I blinked as my memories slowly came back to me.

“Wait- I remember now!” I gasped frantically, “Where’s Mina?! And that who shoved her in the first place?!”

“Easy, tiger. The student responsible will be facing trial while the school is planning to expel her for her dangerous behaviour.” my mum informed while placing a hand onto my shoulders, “And as for your dear friend, she actually has been taking care of you here while your father and I were away working for the whole day.”

“…What?”

“You’ve sure made a great friend this time, Chaeyoung-ah. How I wish she could be my daughter too! She never left your side ever since you passed out from the shock- unless she had to excuse herself to use the washroom like now, but still she-”

 

My mum paused mid-sentence as we both heard the door to my room opening again.

This time, in came the person whom I was worried about the most.

 

“M-Mina…”

 

“You’re awake, Chaeyoungie!” I saw actual tears forming around her eyes, making her look like she had diamonds as eyeballs. “I’m so glad…” she knelt beside my bed and held onto my left hand.

“Are you alright? Did that b*tch do anything to you?!” I asked frantically while looking at her body for injuries.

“Language, deary.” I heard my mum nag with that ‘watch yo ’ glare.

I grinned at her sheepishly before she left the room to give us some alone-time.

 

As soon as the door closed behind her I squeezed onto the pair of hands that held onto mine.

“That chick didn’t hurt you while I was out of it, right?”

“No, she actually helped me stabilise your body when we found you at the bottom.” I saw her smile.

 

That smile I missed even though I had only passed out for a day based on what my mum said.

A day without her gummy-smile was pure torture already.

Judge my dramatic- for all I’d care.

I’m addicted to her smile and I can bet my other arm that I’m not the only one.

 

“She’s not as bad of a person despite what you may think, Chaeyoungie. She instantly regretted her actions. It’s unfortunate she’s going to be expelled.”

“B*tch- how can you speak so nicely about a person who literally tried to kill you?!” I couldn’t contain my bewilderment.

 

This chick is insane.

Insanely nice.

She’s a literal angel sent from heaven.

God bless.

 

I let out a big sigh before reaching for her cheek, caressing it lovingly. “I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“That should me my line, baka.” I caught her grin after her slight jab, “You saved me, Chaeyoung-ah. I would’ve been the one with a broken arm if it wasn’t for you.”

“Totally worth it.” I grinned back, “I honestly thought I was a goner, so finding out that I only got one arm broken is great news.”

“Thankfully the cliff wasn’t tall enough for the drop to be life-threatening, but you were incredibly lucky to sustain mostly minor injuries.”

“Shut up and let me imagine that I survived a major accident, .” I poked her forehead playfully, making her smile wider than before.

 

She removed my hand from her head and held onto it for a while, staring straight into my eyes.

It made me tense up.

I had forgotten how alluring she was.

The fall must’ve really damaged my brain for me to forget that fact momentarily.

 

“Chaeyoungie…” she mumbled quietly, “I’m sorry. I should’ve been more cautious.”

“What are you apologising for, pabo?”

“If I could’ve protected myself better, you wouldn’t have to risk your precious life for me.”

 

“Well it was the best decision I’ve ever made.” I argued, “I’d throw myself off a cliff for you any day. Like, just yeet me right off buddy.”

“But why?” I saw the confusion and some other mixed emotions in her eyes, “Why would you go that far for me?”

 

I gulped.

I didn’t know it would lead to this.

 

I honestly never thought this moment would arrive this early, especially this soon into knowing each other.

Well, I knew clearly how I felt about her.

And the 14 others also. They all knew, too.

 

Ever since she transferred to our school, she became someone special to me.

She made me fall harder for her every single day without a fail.

Despite hanging out with her daily, I still can’t believe such a charming, irresistible person exists.

She was out of this world, and I must be the luckiest person alive to have her by my side.

Well- she sticks herself to my side voluntarily, but you get my cheesy- point.

 

To care for me while I was unconscious, to give me strength when I’m low, and to give me affection when I’m hungry for love-

She’s truly too precious to be real.

 

Did I sell my soul to the Devil without my own knowledge for her to appear in my life?

If so, no ing regrets.

None.

 

 

I sat myself up properly to face her, her glistening eyes still focused on mine.

I tried opening my mouth, but no words came out.

 

, I just realised I’ve never confessed verbally before.

Back when I gave romantic relationships a chance, I had always confessed my feelings through letters, or even cringy- poems since I inspired to be an artsy b*tch.

Took big Ls by the way.

 

It was just way easier like that since you don’t experience their reaction first-hand.

You had that piece of paper to hide behind while you wait anxiously for a reply.

 

But this time, I didn’t get to prepare any paper.

I didn’t even get the chance to write a mental-note on what to say.

My voice became my ink, and the letter’s content depended on my speech.

 

I took a deep breath before trying again.

 

“It’s because…” I found myself at a loss for words before I frantically looked away, not knowing how to overcome my nervousness.

I choked on the lump within my throat which drowned out my voice completely.

Of course I still lacked the balls.

 

P*SSY- B*TCH.

YOU SURVIVED A GODDAMN FALL FROM THE TOP OF A CLIFF, BUT YOU CAN’T SPEAK SIMPLE SENTENCES TO SAVE YOUR LIFE?!

GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME, SON.

WHAT TEAM?!

 

… If you screamed Wildcats instead of MiChaeng, I still love you.

 

 

As I gulped for the 15th time within the 2 minutes of our ongoing silence thanks to my lack of nerves, I felt a pair of soft hands cupping my face.

She adjusted my face so I was facing directly at her.

I made eye-contact with the only other person in the room, who was giving me her most kind-looking, heart-warming smile.

 

Out of all the ways I could go, her smile would be the best reason of death.

I’m ready, sweet Jesus. Take me.

… Or Satan, if I had ever traded my soul.

Still no regrets.

 

“Chaeyoungie, correct me if I’m wrong later, but may I try to help you with explaining your words?”

 

With my face heating up from shyness as I remained paralyzed from her beauty, I gave her a slight nod as my only reply.

Before I could blink my nervousness away,

 

 

she gradually decreased the distance between our faces,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

closed both of her mesmerising eyes shut,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and planted her soft

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

forehead onto my forehead.

 

“You’re struggling to speak right now because you’re burning up in discomfort, aren’t you Chaeyoungie?” she slightly tilted her head while still feeling the temperature of mine. “Are you okay?”

 

Without a word, I grabbed hold of the back of her neck, making her flinch slightly.

It was her turn to feel nervous now.

 

 

“ you and your oblivious as , stunningly gorgeous self.” I grinned before I pulled her into a sweet, sweet kiss.

 


 

I can’t believe I panicked for so long all for nothing.

Oh well, there’s always more chances in the future for me since now we’re officially a thing.

Sorry if you were looking forward to a y night, but this one’s remaining pure ya nasties ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

But yeah, that was the tale of how I secured the heart of a Queen Penguin.

Who’d knew, out of all the people who has ever chased her, she accepted the heart of the tiger she tamed?

 

Well, I ain’t ing complaining.

I can finally call her mine.

My cute penguin.

 

My mum was also fairly pleased since she did want Mina as her own daughter.

Having her as a possible future daughter-in-law will be the closest thing she’d get.

You’re welcome, ma.

 

Oh hey.

Did you know that King Penguins have 4 layers of feathers to keep them warm, while Emperor Penguins rely on each other’s body heat to survive the Antarctica breeze?

Now you do.

Smart up, b*tches.

 

Ah, I guess that’s why Mina always heats up whenever she uses my bod- WOAH the [M] symbol almost had to be put up there.

Dang that was way too close.

I was trying so hard to remain PG throughout the whole thing and I literally almost slipped up at the very end.

 

Son Chaeyoung, you can’t call yourself a genius anymore, you idiotic bum.

That’s why you had to get yourself a smart girlfriend to balance out your stupidity.

 

Anyways, thank you for your existence in my life, Myoui Mina.

The girl who brought out the best of me, the penguin who tamed the tiger.

(Whispers) Saranghae 

 

 

Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed the ride.

It was one heck of a rollercoaster, but it was still ing awesome.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, fanboys and fangirls.

 

 

This was our story.