They're Back, B*tches

The Tamed Tiger's Tale

a/n:

Just a quick reminder that this is a sequel to another story, so if ya'll haven't read the first one you might wanna check that out first.

I mean you won't be that confused if you went ahead without giving a sh*t, absolutely no worries.

It's just there's a few connections to the previous story that may make this more meaningful.

 

Anyways if you're all good to proceed,

LET'S ING GO.


 

I knew it.

Chaeyoung, you’re such a smart motherf*cker.

 

After a week or so, just like I predicted, the craze about Myoui Mina died down-

I mean, not completely since a lot of guys and gays still drooled all over her, but the fake- people finally let her be.

It was pretty pathetic to watch them pretend they didn’t kiss the girl’s for a few days straight, since now they wouldn’t even spare a glance at her direction.

You know why?

 

Because their insecure asses are jealous of Mina’s beauty.

HA. As expected from those .

 

Once, I’ve seen her opening her locker and a bunch of love letters literally poured straight out.

Heck, she gets confessed by an admirer face-to-face at least twice a week.

I made it my hobby to count how many people she has rejected, and hot damn are the numbers high.

It’s been merely a month since Mina had joined us and there’s already 13 broken hearts. Ouch.

 

Oh, did I mention Mina and I became the closest friends?

I sometimes wonder how many people in our school dreamt about becoming me.

Kinda a weird thought, but it’s nice to be admired somehow.

 

Speaking of getting admired, I, Son Chaeyoung, the ex-ferocious tiger, also gained some popularity myself.

 

I know… what?

Why??

How???

 

I swear, apart from softening up to Mina, I’ve been literally acting the same as before.

I still roast people occasionally if they piss me off- which is like, most of the time I’m at school- and I still have the exact same appearance:

Still bloody short as .

 

I know I’ve been wanting to return back to my old self who wasn’t as big of an , but I found myself struggling to do so due to the 2-year old habit sticking stubbornly.

So basically, I haven’t changed much.

Yet, people seemed to fear me less and were somehow even willing to chat with me.

 

Was it because I had a goddess by my side 24/7?

 No, I’m not exaggerating.

Mina sticks herself to me wherever I go, or she’d ask me to accompany her to wherever she needs to go.

 

It’s like a buy-one-get-one-free situation.

You summoned a baby tiger? Here, have a free penguin. Enjoy.

You wanted an angel? Take Satan’s goddamn daughter too. You don’t really have a choice.

 

To make it clear, I didn’t force Mina to follow me around like a shadow- she’s the one who won’t leave me be.

Maybe it was because I’m the only one who neither wants to stab her in the guts for her looks nor get into her undies.

 

… I mean I kinda do for the latter part, but I’m doing a great job holding that desire in.

Please don’t tell her that.

 

All I can be sure about was our unique bond.

I’m certain we both felt it ever since we met during the day of her transfer.

The two of us clicked right off the bat.

 

Truthfully speaking, with her now in my life, it has been a blast.

Others are probably thanking her for getting rid of the mafia boss of the school, while I don’t need to stress out about remaining tough the whole time anymore. I can just be me

… who acts basically the same as before, but people are just accepting it more.

 

I can guarantee that people started changing their views of me was all thanks to Myoui Mina’s existence.

Maybe putting a cute penguin next to a tiger can make the scary predator seem… less scary?

logic.

 

 

 

It was another day. Same boring classes, same routines.

What caught me completely off-guard was a mysterious letter in my locker.

Like I mentioned earlier, normally it was Mina who gets sh*t like this, but for the first time in my life I was the one who got one.

 

Queen Penguin herself was by my side- as usual- when I discovered it.

She waddled closer to examine the mysterious letter together.

 

“Is that…?” she gasped while I tried to find a name on the envelope. No luck.

“Maybe it’s a challenge letter.” I shrugged while tearing it open. “I’ve successfully made everyone avoid me for the past 2 years. Why would anyone find me attractive all of a sudden?”

“Because you are.” I heard her comment out of nowhere.

 

Damn it Mina, you’re such a smooth motherf*cker.

She always say things like that, making me have unwanted feels in my heart.

 

Chaeyoung, you gotta act cool.

You can’t ruin this special friendship just because you’re super gay for her.

 

 

I chose to ignore her compliment by focusing on the letter.

To our surprise, it really was a love letter.

Which insane psycho chose me to be their love interest?

What is wrong with them? Are they okay?

 

“They want to meet up at the gates today after school.” I mumbled, finally lifting up my head to look at Mina.

It was only then I realised that she had a weird expression on her cute face.

“What’s wrong?” I chose to ask since I actually cared about her. My question seemed to snap her out of it.

“N-Nothing!” she gave me a gummy-grin, the best sort of grins-

If anyone says otherwise they’re welcome to go yeet themselves off of a cliff or something, I don’t care.

 

I raised my eyebrow suspiciously, but eventually let it slip.

Despite being together every day at school for more than a month now, I still struggle to understand how her brain works.

Although she could read my thoughts like a psychic, I just don’t get her yet.

Mina’s unpredictability and mysteriousness were definitely a part of her charms though, so I ain’t complaining much.

 

“Are you going to go?” she asked as we headed to the art room, the location now being our secret hiding spot for lunch.

“Go where?”

“To meet that secret admirer.”

I hunted around the room for some drawing supplies. “Hmm… what do you think? Should I?” I asked back.

 

When my eyes met hers, I saw the same expression she had back in front of my locker.

“… No.” she answered.

“… Then I won’t.” I simply shrugged before taking a seat while Mina did likewise.

 

We chatted about her secret admirers while doodling randomly, and damn it made me realise how tough it was to live as a good-looking person.

Not only does Mina have to deal with weirdos, she also had the girls to worry about.

Those crazy b*tches get mad at her even for breathing since that alone could steal their men.

 

We also touched upon the topic of how people were behaving differently towards me.

For example, I’d verbally assault someone and they’d laugh as if I made the greatest joke on Earth, or I’d be casually walking and some random- schoolmate would greet me and sometimes even conduct skin-ship with me.

Of course I’d growl at them for touching me, but they’d find that cute.

 

Cute, they say.

It was as if they were all looking at me from Mina’s perspective-

And she definitely still baffles the out of me.

 

Mina loves doing skin-ship with me despite my efforts of pushing her away.

Don’t get me wrong- I absolutely love it, but I just don’t want myself to fall any harder for her.

I’m not ready to risk it all for another type of relationship yet. No sir.

 

Thankfully I don’t think she has a single clue about my hidden feelings.

I hope she never notices.

 

I don’t want to lose her.

 

 

 

The school bell forced us to return to our classroom, where our homeroom teacher popped up for an announcement.

As usual, I stared out of the window while Mina did all the listening for me.

 

“Good news for all!” the grown- man cheered to himself, “I’m happy to announce that we will be having a two-day-one-night school trip next week!”

 

Okay, that caught my attention.

Not because it sounded fun- oh no.

It was because I absolutely hated sleeping anywhere other than my own bed at home.

I wouldn’t feel safe enough and would never get to sleep a wink.

It’s some sort of weird phobia and I’ve had it ever since I was little.

 

“It’s mandatory, so don’t bother with coming up with excuses.” his words stabbed me right through the heart. “Since there’s only two classes going, you guys will have the privilege of staying in two-person bedrooms, all for you and your sole roommate’s selves!”

 

While I heard other people’s cheers, I died in the inside.

I can’t believe I’m forced to face that fear of mine- and I’m not even scared of many things.

What a dreadful coincidence.

Now I want to yeet myself off a cliff.

 

A sudden poke on my arm snapped me out of my grief as I turned myself around to face the source.

Of ing course it was Mina who poked me. Who else sat directly to the right of me?

 

“Chaeyoungie, will we be able to pick our own roommates?” she asked with a pout.

Can’t blame her to be worried about that part, since there’s girls in our class who’d kill her in her sleep if they could get the chance.

I sighed before raising my voice for her. “DO WE PICK OUR ROOMMATES, SSAEM?”

 

I probably surprised a lot of people by speaking up since I usually pay zero attention within the room.

I think our teacher was holding in tears of joy from receiving a proper question from me.

“Of course! This trip is an award for the top two classes of our grade, so definitely you have the power to choose who you’d like to be staying with.”

 

The new piece of information sparked a sh*t ton of chattering.

“If we can choose our own roommate, can I pick a girl?” I heard a dickhead yell from the back of the class, resulting some whistles and cheers to be echoing around the room.

This is why you’re still single, douchebag.

 

“Unfortunately, that is not allowed.” our teacher thankfully replied.

I could feel Mina’s uncomfortableness when that guy spoke since he was by far her no.1 fanboy; the legendary man who asked for the first selfie with Mina on the day of her arrival, an infamous creep.

 

I saw Mina’s hand reaching for mine, squeezing it under my desk secretively.

Her eyes were sparkling towards me, obviously trying to give me a hint about something.

Too bad I was too busy calming my stupid heart down from her touch to figure out what she was trying to say.

 

 

 

By spacing out during all the afternoon classes, school ended in a flash.

As Mina and I made ourselves out of the classroom, her fanboys shrieked their usual goodbyes.

 

“Bye Mina-chan!”

“Walk safely home!”

“May we be blessed by your face again tomorrow!”

“I love you!!!”

“I hope to get your real number next time!”

 

I shot a death glare at them all when Mina wasn’t looking.

She’s mine, dickheads.

Back off.

 

The two of us were merely talking about the school trip while walking towards the school gates when I suddenly heard my name being called out.

We both turned our heads towards the direction of the voice, leading us to the voice’s owner.

 

Ah- I forgot.

The person wanted to meet me here.

 

Sh*t, I should’ve escaped from the back.

Chaeyoung, you mad stupid.

 

I raised an eyebrow as I saw this girl run towards me.

If I’m not wrong, she’s a freshman whom I’ve seen around the school a couple of times.

Yet I’ve never spoken to her until now, so I have no clue to what she sees in me.

 

I saw her gaze shift to Mina before her shy smile faded slightly.

“Is it okay if we talked privately, Chaeyoungie?” she hinted obviously, though I don’t think Mina understood as she simply stared back without moving a single step.

Somehow my penguin’s eyes seemed a little… scary.

 

“If you have anything to say to me, do it on the spot.” I refused to comply since I really didn’t care, “She has the right to be here.”

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have added that last part.

I forgot how easy it was for the Japanese chick to gain haters, and thanks to my stupid mouth she may have just obtained another one.

 

“I know you don’t know me, Chaeyoung-ah, but won’t you at least give me a chance?” the girl actually pleaded while ignoring Mina’s presence. “I’ll prove my feelings for you! I’ll treat you better than anyone has in this school- I’ll make you want me instead of someone like her!” she dared to point at Mina’s face.

 

I saw Mina flinch from the corner of my eye.

Was she triggered by the person’s remark?

Why would she be?

 

She should know that no one could ever replace her in my heart-

Oh wait, I don’t want her to know.

Stay oblivious, my love.

 

 

“Sorry, but that ain’t happening.” I answered coldly, my face expressing my boredom to help get my message across.

I’d rather destroy her feelings for me at once than to let any glimpse of hope remain.

That’d be way crueller in my point of view.

 

“But why?!” the girl shrieked.

She was obviously hurt, but she was suddenly also expressing anger.

“What do I lack that makes me unqualified for even a chance? Is it because of Myoui Mina? Have you fallen for her ing looks too?!”

 

ENOUGH.” I stormed, silencing her immediately.

I felt Mina’s eyes were on me also, probably surprised by the volume.

“I’m not interested, and that’s just that. Don’t make me hate you for babbling out bullsh*t.”

 

Without waiting for any further replies, I grabbed Mina’s wrist and dragged her away, leaving the girl to stand by the gates alone.

Who the does she think she is?

 

… How dare she read my mind?!

 

Yeah, to be honest, the loudness of my voice wasn’t triggered due to anger.

It was out of embarrassment.

 

Somehow, she was spot on.

I’m in love with Mina. That’s literally why I rejected her.

I know it all, yet I chose to ignore those feelings.

I chose to hurt an innocent admirer brutally just to shield myself.

 

Son Chaeyoung, are you really trying to become a better person?

Or has the transfer student made you into a selfish, inconsiderate ?

 

“Chaeyoungie…” I heard Mina call out softly after we were far away from the school, “Don’t you think that was a bit too much?”

I stopped my tracks from her words as she was absolutely right.

I overreacted and it was a mistake to lash out like that.

 

She has been trying so hard to direct me into being a better person.

She’d remind me to hold my tongue whenever someone ticked me off, or she’d poke me gently whenever I was murdering someone with my gaze to snap me out of it.

 

It’s a shame most people only acknowledge her for her looks when there’s so much more than just that.

Not only was she gorgeous, Mina was a mature and kind-hearted person.

It was due to the latter facts that I chose to listen to her advices.

 

If I was the tiger I used to be, I would’ve already started a physical fight with the chick.

Instead, I found myself repenting over my actions.

What a change.

 

Do you realise what you have done to me, Minari?

 

 

“Sorry. I lost it.” I sighed apologetically.

I understood how I destroyed her past efforts by lashing out in the heat of the moment.

“I just didn’t like the way she spoke about you. I felt like she was attacking you.” I explained honestly.

“I’m grateful you were thinking of me, but her feelings were sincere.” Mina replied calmly, “I would’ve broken down on the spot if someone rejected me like that.”

“And I would’ve ripped a new -crack for the person if they rejected you like that.” I growled just by imagining her example.

 

She giggled from my seriousness and I felt my heart skip a beat from witnessing it up close.

My eyeballs have been blessed and I now have perfect 20/20 eyesight.

Her face was a miracle itself.

 

“Glad that you understand my point.” she patted my head gently, “So please act a bit nicer to people in the future, okay?”

“… Fine.”

“Good girl.” she pulled me into a warm, tight hug.

I felt her womanly mounds press onto mine, and it was that moment I thanked God Almighty for blessing me with the inability to have nosebleeds, because I would’ve lost all my blood in 3 seconds.

 

 

We proceeded to walk in peace for the rest of our journey, enjoying each other’s company in silence.

Before we knew it we’ve arrived at the bus station, the usual location where we part ways.

“Ah, back to what we were talking about before that incident,” she suddenly recalled right before I was about to wave her goodbye,

 

“Can I be your roommate?”