Quest #2

Life Simulator
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at my mobile phone for the whole 3 minutes. I mean, this is a difficult decision after all.

Lee Kaeun, the bully who has been verbally harassing me ever since I started attending academy. Recalling back to my first day at academy and the first time I met her, I was walking through the hallway, on my way to my new class when I then glanced to the front, having a few seconds of eye contact with her. I couldn't figure out as to whether she was in a bad mood at the time or if it was because I glanced at her, but she told me: "If yoy want a peaceful school life, then you better not look at me like that ever again." Unfortunately later in the afternoon, I found out that I had class with her and it ended up with her finding out that I was staring at her after her two friends whispered to her about me. I mean, I sorta couldn't help it..I was trying to find out what type of 'look' that I gave her for her to say that to me. I experimented with my facial expressions, to the point where her friends took notice. Ever since then, I've also found out more about her identity and how she was the school chairman's daughter, so she held a high reputation, at least high enough for the other students and teachers to ignore us when they see Kaeun bullying me. So of course I was surprised when I recently discovered that she was not in a rich household despite being the chairman's daughter.

Was she lying about being the chairman's daughter? Surely not, I mean her friends would've found out earlier than me eventually...

Matsui Jurina, my middle school ex. She broke up with me when I caught her kissing another girl in the rooftop. I was supposed to share my lunch with her as part of our daily routine whenever it was lunchtime, but obviously after that moment I stopped doing so. I mean, sure she has her share of fans since she was the captain of the volleyball team. Initially I only knew about her from her reputation, but I met her personally when I had to cover for a sick friend and temporarily became the volleyball team's manager. She assumed that I was her fan and tried to flirt with me, but I grimanced in response and focused on handing the towels to the other members after handing her one. I assume that since I treated her differently than her fans, she then became interested in me because afterwards she would visit my classroom and drag me to have lunch with her. I sensed the death glares from her fans, so I rejected her offers to have lunch together. Apparently that motivated her more, to the point that she directly confessed to me. I rejected her once again and I haven't seen her prescence afterwards, at least not until the 5th day when I was on my way to school. At the time, I was running late and ran across the street despite the crosswalk sign saying to stop, but I saw that there weren't any cars so I still went ahead- or at least I thought there weren't any cars coming until I felt someone tackle me. A car almost ran over me and the one who saved my life was none other than the captain of the volleyball team, Jurina. "That was so reckless! Why didn't you stop?!" I didn't know whether it was me seeing this new side of her or whether I felt indebted to her, but I finally accepted to be in a new relationship with her. I mean, despite being in a relationship, she still continued to flirt with her fans even when knowing that I was watching, but I tolerated with it as long as she didn't go beyond flirting with her fans. Unfortunately, she broke my trust the moment I caught her kissing a girl on the rooftop. "I don't think we should be in a relationship anymore.." She told me the day after the incident. I didn't respond verbally and simply nodded. I mean, if it isn't mutual anymore, then what can I really say in that situation?

Whichever I end up choosing, it'll still end up becoming an awkward situation for me and the one I chose.

"Gah, why can't I have the option to decline both! I had the option to decline in the first quest, so why can't I do that here! ... I'm not even good at sports anyway!" Finding every excuse to not chose, I delayed further by dropping my phone from my hands, the phone of course landing safely in the bed, though the phone did bounce a bit and flipped to the other side of the screen. I laid back to my bed, staring at the ceiling as my mind was left to daze for another 2 minutes.

"Well, I won't be able to end the day without choosing one, so I'll just close my eyes and randomly choose one of them." I sat up once again, moving my bedsheets to retrieve my phone. Once I did, I opened the Life Simulator app and was expecting quest 2 to show up again in my screen. Instead, the screen says Come back once your quest has been completed.

".  . . EHH?!" I tightly gripped my mobile phone, reading the sentence over and over again until giving up on waiting, seeing that quest 2 would not appear.

Without realizing, when I dropped my phone, apparently the bedsheet's fabric triggered the sensory of the phone screen, which resulted to my initial decision then being chosen for me. I mean, this was technically one way for me to not choose between the two, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't anxious to know who the bedsheet's chose for me.

"Urghhh, curse you bed!! Tell me who you chose!" I poutingly punched the bed until realizing how ridiculous I must've look right now. I defeatingly flopped down to my bed, not wanting tomorrow to occur.

 

- - -

But just as predicted, the choices I made from the game reflected on what happened the next day. I overslept and woke up exactly at the time that my morning class started. Since I knew beforehand that I was going to be humiliated in class, I purposely tried to delay my process of going to school and actually eating a decent breakfast.

But nope, that didn't happen. Almost as if I was being controlled, adrenaline just shot up as I quickly got out of my bed, brushed my teeth, and immediately headed straight to my closet. I frantically put on a random pink t-shirt and a black Adidas joggers as I then rushed downstairs, almost tripping as I passed the living room and headed near the doorsteps where the shoe racks were at. My hands just automatically grabbed my pair of shoes, placing them on my feet that were covered with socks as my body then set forth to leave the house, now in the motion of running while carrying my slightly heavy backpack in my back.

I was tired and wanted to take a quick stop from running but yet again, as if I was being controlled, my urge to run was even stronger.

After arriving in front of the classroom door did I then stopped running and actually felt that I had control of my body. I panted and panted due to what feels like the lack of oxygen from all the running. In addition to being late, I was even yelled at by one of the teachers to not run in the hallways, so that did wonders to my reputation.

After making sure that I have a stable breathing, I opened the classroom door. I soon regret my actions as I saw everyone standing up from their desks now turning their heads to stare at me. I should've made sure to look at what the time was first before entering because when I glanced at the clock, it seems like there was 6 minutes left till the teacher dismisses the students to their 2nd class subject. The teacher was initially planning to dismiss everyone early until he saw Sakura.

"Well well, look who finally decided to show up. Awfully late aren't ya?" The teacher stated as he crossed his arms.

"Why don't you have a seat- oh wait, what exactly can I teach you with only 5 minutes left on the clock?" After his comment, one of the students snickered, which then played like the domino affect as students then began to burst out laughing. I blushed from embarrassment as I kept my head down, not exactly having a comeback.

I dismissed myself from the class, not bothering to retrieve the new homework assignment that the teacher handed out to the class. Luckily Anna, my friend who was in the same class grabbed extra copies and gave them to me when we shifted to our second class subject.

"Don't mind what he said, honestly you being late is much better than you sleeping in during his lectures and getting detention." Anna said, trying to comfort me. I simply smiled in response.

"Now with that said, what game did you binge play this time?" I thought for a moment, recalling the last actual videogame that I played before being occupied with the Life Simulator game.

"Hmm..I played the new Spider-Man game for ps4. I completed the first mission, but I got too side-tracked to notice the time." I lied, trying to make a more believable explanation since if I were to explain to her about Life Simulator, then she'd laugh at me and say something such as me needing caffeine.

"Eh, figures. I wanna tell you to not play too much of your games, but it's not like you'd listen to me anyway." She meronged and then left the classroom to go to the bathroom.

Once we were finished with the second class, we then headed to the locker room to change into our gym clothes. Afterwards once we went inside the gymnasium, we were told by the P.E. teacher to line up on the left if we wanted to participate in basketball and to line up on the right if we wanted to participate in volleyball.

And guess who I saw on each line?

Yep you guessed it, Kaeun on the basketball line and Jurina on the volleyball line.

I stood there just glancing at the two lines, luckily the game wasn't controlling on where I move yet.

That is, until Anna playfully pushed me forward, asking me which sport I want to choose.

And just then is when I began moving ...

to...

 

The volleyball line.

 

"Ack! Why why why?!" I accidentally blurted out, cause the people who were in both lines as well as the P.E. teacher to look at me.

"Is there something wrong Sakura?" The P.E. teacher asked as I quickly shook my head, my face flushed from embarrassment. Ugh this is the second time where I embarrassed myself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter