Chapter 4: Dr. Seo Juhyun

˹ D e t a c h e d ˼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was wrong on a very trivial detail. A big mistake.

 

 

The next few months were a breeze for Jessica, who topped every lesson, including Mathematics, mercilessly widening the gap from Hyoyeon who placed second. The only thing Hyoyeon was close on beating Jessica was on Mathematics, but she made a blunder on skipping a few questions. Had she not been so clumsy, Hyoyeon would have topped the Mathematics.

 

It turned out, the delinquent often skipped lessons to review certain subjects that she lacked. Hyoyeon gained Jessica’s respect after the revelation.

 

The semester ended and everyone enjoyed the short break before the next term started. And it looked like Jessica would have to stay in this small town with only Krystal as her company since their parents were going abroad to solve a family matter.

 

“If you’re very lonely, I’ll send Seohyun to you guys!” Mrs. Jung offered through their daily phonecall.

 

The eldest Jung opened to reply, but Krystal was faster and took the phone away from her. Jessica hissed in annoyance, but Krystal was having none of it. “Really mom? You’ll send Juhyun-unnie to accompany us?”

 

Jessica couldn’t miss the excited glint on her sister’s eyes.

 

The woman at the other end laughed heartily. “Of course! Now listen, Soojung, Seohyun is actually on a holiday herself so don’t bother her too much, ‘kay?”

 

 

The holiday was going to be a tad boring without abroad trips and the fact that she only had her little sister as company. But at least, she had Dr. Seo Juhyun unnie – Seohyun, as an extra company.

 

Dr – Seohyun was Jung’s family doctor. She was still young and they knew Seohyun since she was still a high-school student. Seohyun’s mother, Dr. Seo was the former family doctor, but she gave the position to Seohyun after she was promoted to a very important position on one of Jung’s Hospital.

 

And she was one of the very few people whom Jessica liked. Granted, her annoying naggings were bothersome and sometimes unnecessary, but something about her eased her nerves just a bit.

 

So Jessica was looking forward on greeting her later when she arrived home. Though Seohyun came into the picture a bit later than Taecyeon, she somehow had a deeper bond to the older woman.

 

“Jessii, wanna come with me and Leo to Seoul?” Tiffany queried, a day before the break started. Seohyun was about to arrive by train, anytime by now.

 

“I’ll pass this time, but thanks,” Jessica told her with a cringe. “Got an old aunty to accompany me and Soojung.”

 

“That .” The two girls jumped in surprise when Taecyeon’s voice appeared out of nowhere. “Yo, Sica, miss me?”

 

“You wish,” Jessica growled in feigned annoyance. “Why are you here? It’s my classroom.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter