Chapter 2 : Stephen and Leo Hwang

˹ D e t a c h e d ˼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since she was a child, Jessica suffered a severe case of emotional detachment. According to her mother, it was the downside of being a genius.

 

Jessica Jung Sooyeon had the IQ of 147 and was considered as “Genius” at tender age of six. Before the revelation, Jessica had showed symptoms of being distant to her peers and degrading her the less-intelligent children on her class.

 

Add her highly-intelligent brain with a brain trauma when she had an accident when she was nine. Her brain trauma caused the part responsible for emotional process to be damaged, enough for her to nearly toss her humane emotions. Left were the basics, complicated emotional process like love was too much burden for her brain. Her doctor assured she would regain the ability to feel the deeper emotions in time as her brain matured and recuperated itself naturally.

 

Now a 16 years old teenager, Jessica had softened up considerably. The temper was as wild as ever, but she had learned to keep her opinions to herself and distract herself whenever someone did something idiotic.

 

That worked, but then Kim Taeyeon happened.

 

Her mental barrier broke; Jessica was starting to get ready to understand emotions and broaden her horizon.

 

Whoever killed Kim Taeyeon was going to face Jessica in hell.

 

 

The first thing she did to investigate Taeyeon’s unnatural death was to look at her books. Jessica remembered Taeyeon’s hobbies: doodling.

 

When Jessica discovered her emotional detachment, she was displeased. So what if her brain wasn’t able to understand emotions? She at least could understand their definitions and connected the dots! It was something she did every day since she was born!

 

But her mother told her that emotion wasn’t something she should learn, but was something she should feel. Her mother understood Jessica was an accomplished student, her grades were over the top – except Home Economics and Mathematics – but this, wasn’t something she could learn. But, her mother still encouraged her to “learn” it. Perhaps one day, Jessica would truly have understood.

 

So, Jessica began reading numerous psychology books. This helped her to analyze her surrounding, get to know it, and avoid conflicts as much as possible. That outburst when Yoona’s boyfriend broke up with her was a one-time thing, she was just annoyed at how insincere her “friends” being.

 

She thought “friends” were supposed to be sincere? Granted, Taecyeon, her childhood “friend” wasn’t always sincere, but his presence always assured her that she was safe and protected. Did Yoona’s friends’ presence assured Yoona that she was safe and protected? If not, then Yoona had to look for other friends. Sooyoung was a sincere one, despite being an expert -kisser.

 

So back to her amateur psychoanalysis. Doodles. Most people doodle when they are bored and in result, it was their subconscious thing drawing the doodle.

 

Taeyeon would always announced whenever she was bored to Jessica, grab a pen and began doodling.

 

Silently asking for Taeyeon’s forgiveness for being presumptuous by rummaging her bag without her consent, Jessica pulled out a relatively thick book with leaves pattern as its cover.

 

It was Taeyeon’s bored-doodle-books.

 

The first few pages were surprisingly empty, but there were traces of pencil marks that were deliberately erased. Jessica wondered why, but she moved on and continued to flip the pages.

 

Her d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter