Chapter 3: Tiffany Hwang

˹ D e t a c h e d ˼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon was right, the sister of Leo and Stephen was indeed a beauty. Tiffany was her name, and she chose the seat next to Jessica.

She was enraged; this seat belonged to Taeyeon only.

But Taeyeon was dead, she wouldn’t return. Jessica had to move on.

But not this fast.

No, not this fast.

“May I sit here?” Tiffany asked her sweetly.

Jessica wanted to say no, but her classmates’ glares deterred her so. So silently, she nodded her affirmation, her eyes were staring intently at her open notes. She missed the annoyed look of the new girl.

“Great! My name is Tiffany, what’s yours?”

Jessica icily glared at her, annoyed by the girl’s annoyingly alluring voice.

“…Sica.” Jessica hissed, trying to keep her high-pitched voice in balance with Tiffany’s husky one. She shifted her feet away from Tiffany, who had scooted closer to her.

"I couldn't hear you," she pouted, but Jessica only glared at her. "Too bad."

Jessica learnt something from Tiffany by the short name 'exchange'. Tiffany’s eye-smile intensified when she didn’t get what she wanted.

"Give her a chance, Jung!"

Lee Sunny who seated right in front of Jessica, spun around and greeted Tiffany, her beautiful eye-smile rivalling Tiffany’s own. Sunny’s eye-smile was intense, just like sun. It was clearly more eye-catching than Tiffany’s, but Jessica honestly preferred the soft waning of moonlight.

Just like Tiffany’s – Gah! What am I thinking!

“Jessica! Her name’s Jessica, and I’m Sunny. Nice to meet you!” The bunny waved her hands cutely as she greeted the new girl.

“Nice to meet you too, Sunny!” replied Tiffany with another smile.

Jessica blinked. Was it just her that noticed Tiffany’s tone was a tad higher than usual, her facial muscle slightly fixated, and her subtle body language screaming disinterest?

She had to applaud Tiffany. Had she wasn’t as keen, she wouldn’t notice the glaring (by her standard) disinterest.

“Don’t mind Jessica’s cold attitude, she has always been a party pooper!” Sunny’s aegyo filled voice continued. “Why don’t you chose to seat with Sooyoung?”

Jessica glanced at Sooyoung’s table and noticed the lack presence of Sooyoung’s deskmate, Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was a delinquent, but her grades were no joking matter, she rivalled Jessica’s own.

(Jessica was suspicious that Hyoyeon was actually a fellow genius.)

She often skipped lessons and left her deskmate alone for unknown reason. Not that Sooyoung minded, because it could broaden her horizon. Whatever she said.

“Jessi told me there’s someone there,” Tiffany replied as she turned to Jessica, “Right Jessi?”

Whoever she meant by Jessi? Oh, was it a pet name for her?

But that didn’t mean she could blurt our straight lie to Sunny, though!

“Oh really?” Sunny seemed to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter