Do You? (more artistic version)

Do You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*rip to anyone on mobile* 

hopefully this version turns out ok

 

Do You,

Do you remember the start of the semester being so stressful?

Do you remember what it's like to study for a different exam each day?

Do you remember why professors find joy in giving you what seems like twenty-billion projects?

 

Do You, 

Do you want the fresh start of the new semester? 

 

Do you volunteer over the summer at the nature reserve?

Do You

Do you backpack around Europe and come back a changed person?

Do You

Do you have the most amazing summer ever #summergoals? 

Do You

Do you have the #summergoals of the long sunny break? 

 

No.

This me.

I'm always holed up in my room, scrolling through the internet and learning new memes. I've never had the fresh start to begin a new semester. 

Heaving a huge sigh I crack open the new textbook for Economics. Starting the master's program in economics was something I always dreamed of. However, looking at the textbook in front of me, you questioned why was this my dream in the first place.

 

Sitting in my favorite little cafe a bit off campus was always my favorite past time. The interior design was all European inspired. From the brick wall wallpaper to the large glass window that spanned the length of the shop. The menu that was as diverse as the interior design ranging from different types of coffee to bubble teas.

 

My name gets called about 3 pages into reading the textbook signaling my order was ready. Standing up, I see the barista smiling at me, with a cup in hand. It was a bit sad but you were always at this cafe either studying or relaxing so all the workers probably knew my order by heart. Walking up to the counter I see a rather tall lanky man standing next to me on his phone.

 

Grabbing my drink, I take one more look at the tall man next to me.

Do You,

Do you notice the style of someone or the accessories first on someone?

He has his black jacket hoodie up matched up with long ripped jeans, “Hey I like your phone case by the way. Ryan is my favorite Kakao character.” I see him jump a bit, probably shaking him from his thoughts. He looks up from his phone at me eyes wide and doe-like.

Geez, now that the man is looking right at you, you feel your palms sweating and knots tying up in my stomach.

Do You,

Do you wonder what beauty is in someone? 

Why is this man so tall and beautiful?

 

“Uhm, thanks. He's my favorite character too,” he awkwardly clears his throat and I can't help but smile because why else would he have a Ryan phone case.

“I can tell,” I chuckle and walk back to your seat and start studying again. The tall figure walks past me and takes a seat a window seat away. 

Do You,

Do you wonder what kind of person he is?

He pulls out his textbook, is that a Psychology textbook? He pulls out his notebook from his bag and I watch as his bag tumbles to the ground and his stuff slightly spilling out.

He's clumsy, the thought comes to me as I can't help but let out a small laugh as he tries to gather his stuff together then bumps his head on the table while he's pulling up his bag.

He looks up and straight at me and I give him a small smile, but the tinkle of laughter escaping from me is obvious. The man blushes and looks straight back down and begins reading.

 

Do You, Do You, Do You, Do You
 

It has been three weeks since my first interaction with the tall man, and boy is he at the cafe all the time! I thought I was the cafe's number one loyal patron until I met him.

 

He was always at the cafe, same textbook, as he studied diligently. I assumed it was his hardest class if he was always with the same textbook. I probably was there all the time too, as now it was almost a month in and the master program was doing a number to me, and I assumed him as well.

 

Do You,

Do you fall in love with someone you've never talked to? 

 

I found myself falling for the man who was clumsy and Ryan was his favorite character. I admired his style because even though he did not seem like the type, he was extremely stylish.

 

Do You,

Do you try out new things from your routine?

 

Today I decided to order a pumpkin spice latte, because why not?

It was the time for autumn and the time to basic.

Plus, the only pumpkin spice latte you would ever get is from my favorite cafe. They have the perfect balance of spice and pumpkin compared to other shops which overload on the spices.

 

Claiming my normal seat, I go up and wait for the order knowing you were a bit early today. I see the man waiting for his order as well, still with his Ryan phone case.

 

Do You,

Do you take the leap of faith to initiate the conversation?

“Are you always studying Psychology?” I ask hoping to start a conversation. He jumps a bit looking up from his phone to me,  quite startled again. 

“Uh, Well I also I study Political Science, but that's mostly articles on the computer. Too many PDF files to print out” the man explains.

“Oh, that makes sense I guess. You can't carry around 150 pages of a case around every day.” I add laughing my nerves off.

“Namjoon!” The barista calls out and slides out a drink, "Pumpkin Spice Latte." the man walks over and grabs his drink.

“Do you, want to sit next to me? I always liked the lighting by the window better, it's a lot more natural light that helps me concentrate more.” He stumbles over his words and points to the table with his bag on it.

Do You,

Do you dare to be adventurous?

“Hmm,” I ponder a bit and look between the table where his bag is and your normal table is, “I’ve never sat next to the window before, so I'll give it a shot.” I smile back at him.

“___.” The barista calls out, “Pumpkin Spice Latte? Am I even reading this right? Are you sure you ordered this? Because if I messed up, I will remake the drink straight away.” The barista stares at my drink order and back at me in confusion running through her face.

Do You,

Do you dare to step outside of your comfort zone?

“Ah yes, that's mine. I figured I'd try something different today.” I shrug and take the drink. I see the relief wash over the barista's face as she probably thought she got the drink order wrong. The first-world struggles of being a regular customer.

“PSL too? Tis' the season.” Namjoon raises his drink towards me like he's clicking the champagne glasses. I laugh as I tip my drink towards him.

Do You,

I follow him back to the table next to the open window. It feels a bit different and out of place following him next to the window instead of your normal seat but it’s too late to back out. When I sit down and pull out my textbook, I can’t help but look up and notice how much brighter it actually is with the natural light filtering in through the large window that spans the length of the shop.

“You really did scare the barista back there,” Namjoon laughs as he sits down and somehow his pen rolls to the ground.

“Well, It is very unusual for me to change my drink choice. I normally go with their Earl Grey tea. It really helps me relax when I’m studying. I tend to get very anxious when I’m studying.” I explain and he nods in response.

“Ah yes, Earl Grey tea does have a calming effect on the body. It also helps with depression and helps with stress relief? Teas are so amazing, I should probably try some here some time.” Namjoon goes off and I can’t help but admire his knowledge about a tea.

Do You,

Do you enjoy the time when two people study together at a cafe?

Studying with Namjoon is fun, in a sense and it soon becomes a routine to study with him every time you two are in the cafe. He always finds a way to brighten the mood. He studies methodically, normally going on a break after every 40 minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter