Do You?

Do You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Namjoon with pink hair and being cute is my kind of asthetic


The start of a new semester was always stressful for you. Why did you have to study for a different exam each day? Why did professors find joy in giving you what seemed like twenty-billion projects?

The only plus side of starting a new semester?

The fresh start.

The 'hi I'm super amazing after my amazing summer break', start. The 'hi I traveled and backpacked in Europe and now I'm a changed person' start. The 'I volunteered at a nature reserve this summer and now I'm eco-friendly! Ban plastic straws!' start.

However, this was you.

You were holed up in your room, scrolling through the internet all summer. You never had a fresh start to begin the new fall semester.

Heaving a huge sigh you crack open your new textbook for Economics. Starting the master's program in economics was something you always dreamed of. However, looking at the textbook in front of you, you questioned why was this your dream in the first place.

 

Sitting in your favorite little cafe a bit off campus was your favorite pass time. The interior design was all European inspired. From the brick wall wallpaper to the large glass window that spanned the length of the shop. The menu that was as diverse as the interior design ranging from different types of coffee to bubble teas.

 

Your name gets called about 3 pages into reading the textbook signaling your order was ready. Standing up, you see the barista smiling at you. It was a bit sad but you were always at this cafe either studying or relaxing that the baristas probably knew your order by heart. Walking up to the counter you see a rather tall lanky man standing next to you on his phone.

 

Grabbing your drink, you take one more look at the tall man next to you. He has his black jacket hoodie up matched up with long ripped jeans, “Hey I like your phone case by the way. Ryan is my favorite Kakao character.” You see him jump a bit probably shaking him from his thoughts. He looks up from his phone at you eyes wide and doe-like.

Geez, now that the man is looking right at you, you feel your palms sweating and knots tying up in your stomach.

 

Why is this man so tall and beautiful?

 

“Uhm, thanks. He's my favorite character too,” he awkwardly clears his throat and you can't help but smile because why else would he have a Ryan phone case.

“I can tell,” You chuckle and walk back to your seat and start studying again. The tall figure walks past you and takes a seat a window seat away.

He pulls out his textbook, is that a Psychology textbook? He pulls out his notebook from his bag and you watch as his bag tumbles to the ground and his stuff slightly spilling out.

He's clumsy, the thought comes to you as you can't help but let out a small laugh as he tries to gather his stuff together then bumps his head on the table while he's pulling up his bag.

He looks up and straight at you and you give him a small smile, but the tinkle of laughter escaping from you is obvious. The man blushes and looks straight back down and begins reading.


 

It has been three weeks since your first interaction with the tall man, and man is he at the cafe all the time! You thought you were the cafe's number one customer until you met him.

 

He was always at the cafe, same textbook, as he studied diligently. You assumed it was his hardest class if he was always with the same textbook. You probably were there all the time too, as now it was almost a month in and the master program was doing a number to you, and you assumed him as well.

You found yourself falling for the man who was clumsy and Ryan was his favorite character. You admired his style because even though he did not seem like the type, he was extremely stylish.

 

Today you decided to order a pumpkin spice latte, because why not? it was the time for autumn and the time to basic.

Plus, the only pumpkin spice latte you would ever get is from your favorite cafe. They have the perfect balance of spice and pumpkin compared to other shops which overload on the spices.

 

Claiming your normal seat, you go up and wait for the order knowing you were a bit early today. You see the man waiting for his order as well, still with his Ryan phone case.

 

“Are you always studying Psychology?” you ask him while he's on his phone. Startled again he looks up at you wide-eyed.

“Uh, Well I also I study Political Science, but that's mostly articles on the computer. Too many PDF files to print out” the man explains.

“Oh, that makes sense I guess. You can't carry around 150 pages of a case around every day.” You add laughing your nerves off.

“Namjoon!” The barista calls out and slides out a drink, "Pumpkin Spice Latte." He walks over and grabs his drink.

“Do you, want to sit next to me? I always liked the lighting by the window better, it's a lot more natural light that helps me concentrate more.” He stumbles over his words and points to the table with his bag on it.

“Hm,” You ponder a bit and look between the table where his bag is and your normal table is, “I’ve never sat next to the window before, so I'll give it a shot.” You smile back at him.

“___.” The barista calls out, “Pumpkin Spice Latte? Am I even reading this right? Are you sure you ordered this? Because if I messed up, I will remake the drink straight away.” The barista stares at your drink order and back at you in confusion running through her face.

“Ah yes, that's mine. I figured I'd try something different today.” You shrug and take the drink. You see the relief wash over the barista's face as she probably thought she got the drink order wrong. The first world problems of being a loyal customer who's drink order never changes.

“PSL too? Tis the season.” Namjoon raises his drink towards you like he's cheering glasses with you. You laugh as you tip your drink towards him.

You follow him back to the table next to the open window. It feels a bit different and out of place following him next to the window instead of your normal seat but it’s too late to back out. When you sit down and pull out your textbook, you can’t help but look up and notice how much brighter it actually is with the natural light filtering in through the large window that spans the length of the shop.

“You really did scare the barista back there,” Namjoon laughs as he sits down and somehow his pen rolls to the ground.

“Well, It is very unusual for me to change my drink choice. I normally go with their Earl Grey tea. It really helps me relax when I’m studying. I tend to get very anxious when I’m studying.” You explain and he nods in response.

“Ah yes, Earl Grey tea does have a calming effect on the body. It also helps with depression and helps with stress relief? Teas are so amazing, I should probably try some here some time.” Namjoon goes off and you can’t help but admire his knowledge about a tea.

Studying with Namjoon is fun, in a sense and it soon becomes a routine to study with him every time you two are in the cafe. He always finds a way to brighten the mood. He studies methodically, normally going on a break after every 40 minutes he studies for about 10 minutes. During those ten minutes, we talk about our majors and the difficulties with them. One of the breaks he went pretty philo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter