We Meet Again

My First Love, My Greatest Pain (Under Construction.. Sorry for the inconvenience!)

Hyomin POV:

" Unnie, let's go get some ice cream first, " I suggested as we entered the mall.

" Araseo, " she agreed, smliling. 

We headed to the ice cream shop and she ordered two mint chocolates; my favorite.

" I'll grab some napkins for us, " I told her and headed to do so.

Just when I was about to reach the napkins, the man in front of me turned and bumped in to me.

" Oh! Joesonghabnida(Sorry)! " we said at the same time. I looked up. It's the same guy from last night! 

" Oh! We met last night , didn't we? " he asked me. I felt my cheeks beginning to redden.

" Ah, ne, annyeonghasaeyo! " I couldn't believe it! How did we manage to run into each other again

I realized he was holding hands with another little girl I hadn't met yet. 

" Ah, ye, this is Dayoung " he introduced me, seeing I had not recognized her. 

" Dayoung-ah, this is Hyomin. Your sister met her last night " He slightly lowered his height to introduce her to me. 

" Annyeong Hyomin unnie, " the little girl said while waving her hand that was holding the ice cream she had smeared on her face. 

" Annyeong Dayoung! " I lowered my own height to meet her eyes. " Wah, that ice cream is my favorite too! " 

" Masissda (It's delicious)! It's oppa's favorite too! " she pointed with her ice cream to the ice cream Joon was holding in his other hand. 

He smiled and looked to somewhere behind me. I followed his gaze and saw Eunjung come to a stop behind me.

" Annyeonghasaeyo " she nodded to Joon. Joon stood to his full height again and I realized I hadn't introduced Eunjung yet.

" Ah, Joon, this is my friend Eunjung, " I motioned and she nodded in response. " Eunjung this is Joon, we met last night. " 

" Annyeonghasaeyo, " Joon nodded with a smile, greeting Eunjung. Eunjung's face brightened up, realizing who I was talking about, which probably only made my face a bit more red.

" Omo, and who's this? " Eunjung said towards Dayoung, lowering her height " Annyeong, I'm Eunjung " 

" Annyeong, Dayoung-ibnida, " was her ice cream muffled reply.

" Aigoo, so cute! " Eunjung stood again and said to Joon " So what are you doing here today? "

" I was taking my cousin out, " Joon shook her hand he was holding, making her laugh.

"  Oh, okay, " Eunjung responded. " We were going to go shopping. And I guess you've already done that, " she laughed, seeing the giant bag Joon was also holding. 

" Ah, ye, " he said lifting the bag.

" Oppa, can we go now? " Dayoung quietly said to Joon.

" Ne, araseo. So it was nice meeting you Eunjung and it was nice seeing you again Hyomin. We'll be heading to the playground now. You two can stop by for a bit, after you finish shopping, if you'd like. " Joon bowed his head a little with a smile. " Dayoung, say goodbye. " 

" Bye, Eunjung and Hyomin unnie " she said to both of us. 

" Bye Dayoung, have fun! " Turning to Joon I said, " It was nice seeing you, hopefully we can meet again soon! "

Nodding, he began advancing towards the exit. " Bye! " Eunjung called after them. 

" Bye! " came their two sweet voices.

' Why is my heart beating so fast. Do I really like him? Aniyo, I just meet him. It can't be... '  I said to myself, yet unable to wipe the grin from my face.

" Omo, waegeulae? Did something happen? " she teased me.

" He's so handsome and good looking! " I slightly screamed of excitment, bringing my hands in front of my face.

" Aigoo, handsome? Hot! If you're really that happy, go out with him!  " she gave me a light push.

" Unnie! " I gave a light push back. " I prefer guys that ask me out first. I'll only ask if I really like him. "

" Don't you really like him? And he did ask you out! He said he wanted us to come the the park later! " she teased me again. I pushed her arm slightly.

" Aniyo unnie! Geumanhae(Stop it), I'm getting embarassed! " I said covering my cheeks. She laughed at me.

" Omo, you must really like him! " she said.

" Aniyo unnie, I might act weird if we go, " I gave myself an excuse, though I did really want to go. 

" Aigoo, you're so cute! " Eunjung said, nudging me. " You are not saying no to Joon, we are going to the park later! " she ended the conversation.

" Here, take your ice cream before it melts! " she handed the now-drooping ice cream cone to me.

" Oh, sorry! I forgot.. " I inoccently grabbed my dessert. 

Yes! I was going to see him! I felt my heart pump faster at every time I thought about seeing him again. I couldn't wait!

 

 

Joon POV:

 

I think she really likes me. I myself couldn't deny the fact that I liked her too. I loved how she blushed everytime I looked into her eyes, how she sweetly talked to children, how she always seemed so happy and how she never looked away when she talked to me. 

3:35. I started to wonder if she and her friend would come at all. ' Don't keep your hopes too high, ' I told myself.

I had been playing with Dayoung in the park for about two hours now. 

What if they hadn't heard my offer? What if they thought the offer was only to be respectful? What if she didn't want to come after all? What if she thought I was too childish, hanging out with children all the time? I soon couldn't stop all the questions from coming to my mind. 

" Dayoung, let's take a break, oppa is tired, " I told my cousin who never seemed to run out of energy. I went over to the silver bench and dropped my tired self onto the empty seat. Dayoung bounced her way and plopped down next to me. 

" Where do you want to eat, Dayoung? " I asked after a few moments of rest. 

" Hm... " she pouted her lips in thought. " I want to eat... Kimbap! " she said in the end.

" Okay, we'll go eat kimbap in a few minutes, alright? " I said, getting a happy nod in response. In reality, I was only buying more time to see whether Hyomin and her friend would show up or not. 

I looked up at the orange leaves that were loosely hanging on the branches above us, a few slowly floating down to lay on the ground. Light clouds were blotched into the pale blue sky, moving around once in a while. A few birds would fly by here and there, slowly soaring, as if they had all the time they had in the world. Little children and their parents were out walking around the park and a few would stop to play with the other kids in the playground. The weather was so perfect, I wished Hyomin was here to see it with me. I imagined myself holding her hands, walking with her around the park, being able to look at the most beautiful face for as long as I wanted. Thinking about all this, I realized I was smiling like a fool. I looked down in embarrassment, maybe I am a fool. 

" Oppa, " Dayoung shook my arm. 

" Ne? " I woke up from my dazed dream and looked at her.

She pointed to across the playground and I followed her guide. 

I couldn't believe it,

She came!

I guess I was so happy that I had jumped up, bringing Dayoung with me, and ran over to Hyomin and her friend without even knowing it. 

" Hey! You came! " I could feel my face extremly brighten up as I called out to them.

" Ne, we came! " her friend Eunjung answered for them. 

I finally reached them and couldn't stop grinning. 

" Sorry for coming so late, " Hyomin apologized, holding up some bags as her excuse. It didn't matter to me, I was just glad she had showed up at all.

" Are you guys going? " Hyomin asked, a bit sad. 

" Ah, sort of, " I answered and looked down at Dayoung. " We were going to go eat lunch soon. "

" Annyeong " Dayoung waved to them.

" Annyeong, Dayoung, did you have fun with Joon? " Hyomin asked her. 

" Ne! " she nodded energetically, causing the two to laugh. 

" Did you guys want to join us? " I asked, hoping for a ' yes '.

Hyomin looked to her friend. " Um, sure! " Eunjung answered. Hyomin grinned, making me even happier.

" Where are we eating? " Hyomin asked.

" Dayoung wanted to go eat kimbap so I'm taking her to a place I know that has great kimbap, " I answered.

" Are we going right now? " Eunjung asked after. 

" If you guys would like, we could, " I insisted. 

" Ne, I'm hungry! " Dayoung answered for them.

They laughed at her cuteness and agreed that we could go.