They tore the whole down

Roses are red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chaeyoung’s POV*

---

It was a first for me.

To wake up with no remorse, whatsoever. No second-thoughts, no doubt in my mind, at least not when it came to the guy who’s body was sleeping next to mine, under the fluffy blanket. It was a first for me to wake up next to someone I actually cared about and remembered entirely what had went down the day before, no blurred images. My head was filled with clear pictures.

Us in the pouring rain, at the cab stand. Our footprints on the wooden floor of the ragged museum. It was all very clear and strange. Foreign. But I liked it.

I blinked and opened my eyes to see Jennie sitting at the table on the other side of the room. Her head jerked toward me as I propped it up from the pillow.

She was grinning, as I had expected. Of course she was up first, she was the ruler of the morning people tribe. The earliest bird with all the worms. I smirked back at her, feeling a heat rise up to my cheeks. I wanted to check on Bobby so badly, but felt like I would grin like an idiot if I did. And I didn’t want Jennie to witness that.

”Did you sleep well?” Jennie asked, her voice nothing but a whisper. I could sense the tease in her voice. The first morning lights were peeking through the emerald green curtains. I suppressed my smile and nodded.

”Yeah, actually. Did you?”

Jennie nodded too. ”Yeah, no nightmares.”

”Well great.”

”Aha.”

I couldn’t keep my eyes off any longer. So I glanced at my right and looked down to his sleeping figure. Bobby was still sleeping, on his stomach with his limbs spread out completely. He had thrown away his pillow at some point, to share mine with me.

I remembered waking up at night and realizing he was so close our mouths were nearly touching. So I had stolen a kiss. And I remembered his lips curving into a smile as he let out the sweetest little chuckle I had ever heard in my entire life. I felt blissful.

”I knew you’d like him”, I heard Jennie mutter.

I looked up to her and grimaced. To be completely honest, I had her to thank for this. For bringing us together. She had given my number to him, and without her we would’ve never met. I wouldn’t have even known that he existed.

Jennie raised her palms up, indicating that she wasn’t going to force the ”thank you” out of me. She poured herself a glass of juice. The room had it’s own little fridge where we kept all the goodies. ”Not gonna lie, you two looked hella cute just now.”

I felt the flames again. Then shot her with a blazing look. I didn’t want her to babble on about this, since I didn’t know whether the guys were awake or not.

”Relax they’re knocked out.”

”Yeah?”

”Yeah, I’ve lived with them a little while”, Jennie assured and gulped down her glass of juice. ”Especially this guy.” She stood up and walked over to her bed where Hanbin was lying, curled up into a big bundle. She jumped on the bed, on her knees and hugged the pile of sheets. The pile let out a groan.

I chuckled.

Jennie rolled her eyes at him, clearly fed up with Hanbin’s morning-attitude. ”Rise and shine”, she whispered and leaned closer to him. I could hear another whine from somewhere inside the sheets. Then a hand appeared and grabbed Jennie into a lazy embrace. She vanished under the blanket with a stream of giggles.

I swear I could hear him let out a moan. Then ”five more minutes” then ”how can you look so good in the morning”.

I cringed, sliding down from the bed with a last look at the lovey-dovey couple wrestling on the bed. Somewhere inside me, a small voice was shouting ”I want that too”, meanwhile my brain acknowledged the fact that Bobby wasn’t like that and I didn’t even like morning cuddles.

Okay maybe I did. Just a tiny bit.

I made my way to the bathroom and took a steamy shower. It was enough time for me to think things through and put stuff in order. I needed to be sharp today. There was no time for a guy to mess up my head. Except that it was a little late now. Thanks to Bobby.

When I walked out the shower, someone knocked on the bathroom door.

”Occupied”, I called.

”I gotta wash my hair”, I heard a low voice boom from the other side of the door. My hand immediately unlocked the door, letting the sleepy guy enter the bathroom. His eyes were barely open when he glanced at me through the mirror. It almost looked like he was sleepwalking. ”Good morning”, I said, testing the air between us. He didn’t seem bothered or in any way awkward, but he was certainly out of it. ”Are you even awake yet?”

A questioning groan rumbled in his chest. He leaned his back into the wall behind him and closed his eyes briefly. I held onto my towel. ”Did you want to wash your hair?” I asked.

”Yeah.” He dragged his feet towards the shower. Then he pulled off his shirt and the shower. I brushed my teeth in silence as Bobby washed his hair, slowly returning back to this planet. When he was done rinsing, he let out a hoarse chuckle.

”Did you get any sleep?”

I watched from the mirror, as my cheeks turned red again. Not a typical reaction for Rose. ”Some.”

”Yeah?” The sound of the shower suddenly cut off and Bobby walked back to the sink, grabbing a towel from the rack. He began to dry his hair, ruffling the blanket over his head. I could just watch as he rubbed the back of his head and behind his ears and down his throat. The water dripped down his chest and I wanted to turn around and it off.

The thought made the flames travel from my cheeks up to my ears.

Was he playing it cool because he thought I wanted to?

Or was he playing it cool because that was his style? To make it all seem like it wasn’t a big deal. A huge deal. All I could think about were his texts from last night. How he’d said he was going crazy. Wasn’t he going crazy now? Like I was?

Or was he one of those guys who were… I don’t know, s, and denied their feelings? Bobby hadn’t come across that way. Had he?

”Did you?” I asked, trying to hide my red ears behind my hair.

Bobby’s eyes shot up at me. At least he was awake now. I felt like I couldn’t look away now. ”Did I what?”

”Get any sleep?”

Then I saw that sheepish smile again. The way his skin crinkled around those smiling eyes made my heart skip a beat. ”Some.”

That was when I lost all control. I turned around and crashed my lips on his. the whole playing-it-cool attitude. the stupid ”there’s no rush” mindset. I just wanted to kiss him. It wasn’t like I was getting engaged. I just. Wanted him. I slid my fingers in his wet hair and pulled him closer.

A satisfied groan rumbled in his bare chest. I moaned against his lips. ”I hate - when you act like - nothing’s happened”, I breathed against his eager lips that tried to steal a kiss between every single word I said. I gently swatted his chest to manifest my words.

The hoarse chuckle caught me off guard and I felt my eyes glitter. So this was how it was like when your crush actually liked you back.

”I thought you didn’t want to rush it.”

I traveled my fingers down his stomach. Gosh. ”You thought wrong.”

Bobby arched an eyebrow at me. His body pressed against me so that my hit the edge of the sink behind me. It was the first time I felt his entire body against me. Not counting the time we had peeked inside the room last night. I was thrilled. I held onto the sink.

”You wanna rush then?” He growled. His hands were gripping my sides, keeping me still. His mouth was hovering over mine. He was like a predator hovering over it’s prey, his entire being ready. All he needed was my consent. 

I swallowed, tightening my grip to the sink. ”A little.”

And just as our mouths were about to collide again, the door was knocked aggressively. ”Need to pee. Emergency.”

It was Hanbin. Bobby’s eyes closed briefly. He was still holding me close, savoring the moment. I couldn’t help but to follow his example. Just a thought of parting from him felt agonizing. 

”For real, Bobby - Rose, I know you guys are in there probably having a moment but you chose the wrong room- see this is where the magic happens, that’s where the happens-”

Bobby sighed and stepped away from me. My body was quick to react to not having him there, making the butterflies dart around in my stomach. I let out a whiny groan, which made Bobby look like he really just wanted to ignore his friend and shove me against the sink again. But he restrained himself and opened the door.

Hanbin flashed us an apologetic grin and walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter