Fate's Enemy

Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua shut the door behind him, threw his bag around the corner of his room, and jump on his bed face first. It has been a freaky and hectic day; oh how he wish that everything was just a dream. He immediately turned his body towards the night stand on his right; he his lamp and grabbed the notebook he always ensures to read.

It was his lists of rules to follow when it comes to his ability: seeing the red thread.

He touched the squiggly handwriting, his past 8-year old wrote when he made that first mistake. It certainly traumatized him, especially when you’re at that impressionable age where seeing the thread was just so fascinating. He remembers laughing at people who we’re trying to connect with other people whose threads were, well, mismatched, so to speak. His mother would just roll her eyes whenever she would see him hiding his mirth behind his small hands; his eyes shining brightly at his own private joke. But never would she ask why; when he told her she would just shrug it off as something that a child have.

At that moment, Joshua sometimes wished that he could build a time machine to tell his mother that maybe she should lecture her child about proper behavior; that instead of  labelling it as being impish she should’ve scold him about what NOT to do in public. But no, the damage has been done; the dye has been cast, there is no turning back to what happened.

Joshua just sighed as he reread the mantra he built for 15 years. The rules that he promises to follow.

Never, ever tell the person who they are connected to Never mess with the red thread Don’t change fate

They were simple rules, rules that became part of who he is. But what happened this morning disturbs him.

Yoon Jeonghan.

Joshua had already established that he was a whimsical, happy-go-lucky playboy whose only strong point is his loyalty to his friends. And when he made that statement in the library; his opinion of the male only sank further. He never believed what the elder had said, thinking that he was only being teased or he was being led on by a crazy person.

So when Jeonghan showed him that scene in the forest. He never thought that the male could actually, really feel when two people are meant for each other. Was it only his instincts that drove him to know these things? How could he feel them, was he lying to Joshua about not seeing the threads?

Joshua was still brooding about the events that unfolded when he felt his phone rang. Sighing, he broke out off his swirling thoughts, and take out his phone from his pocket. Seeing that it was Vernon, he pressed the answer button and put the phone in his ear.

“Vernon.” He answered with a clipped voice. Joshua was not feeling his best today; he was still confused with what’s happening after all.

“JOSHUA!” the male from the other line shouted; Joshua pulled the phone away from his ear. “MAH MAN, HE SAID YES!” the other just kept on shouting.

“SEUNGKWAN HELPED ME WITH THE PREPARATIONS AND I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE HOW I LUCKY I AM TO HAVE HIM! JO—”

But Joshua has ended the call. He texted the other.

 

To: HOMIE

Bro, stop shouting. My ears bled.

 

After sending the message, he immediately received a reply from the other.

 

From: HOMIE

Sry, too excited to tell the news. >.<

 

The elder just grinned at the antics caused by the youngest. How nice it is to be young…

 

To: HOMIE

It’s fine to tell what happened just don’t shout. Call me again.

 

His phone rang again, Joshua accepted the call, and gingerly, brought the phone on his ear. He love the boy but he’s not risking his hearing for him.

“Hey, Josh, sorry for shouting.” Verno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter