•Epilogue : Tell you a story•

Only The Ring Remained: Continuation

~2 years later~

Little kids were playing in the playground. Yells, giggles and laughs could be heard metres away. Most of the kids were busy playing with their friends but a certain little girl wasn't. She was sad as she was observing the kids of her age playing before her but not willing to even look at her. Her legs swinged just above the ground and hands placed on two sides of the bench. Head ducked a little.

A guy kicked a blue ball. He laughed when it hit a guy slightly taller than him. The guy who got hit in the tummy furrowed his eye brows and glared but looked funny considering he was quite young so he couldn't make those scary and menacing expressions that old people could. The guy who got hit threw baby but mad punches to the other but that kid wasn't even fazed. Because he was more strong. Instead he just snickered.

The girl also started to laugh which didn't go unheard by both the little guys. The one who wasn't even affected by mini punches didn't take it nicely and the one who threw punches kept on looking at the girl with a confused look on his cute face. When the girl's eyes met his, he blushed.

But it wasn't even a proper one. It was the type when you get embarrassed, flustered, shy and happy all at the same time.

The shorter guy approached the girl and sticked out his index finger; pointing at her.

"Hey you! What's so funny?" He blurted out. The slightly taller guy looked a little scared. He didn't like that attitude.

"You guys fighting. Its so funny~" she used an innocent tone. It melted the taller kid's heart a little.

"You call me funny?" This time the girl stopped. She looked a little frightened at the used tone. "Hyung please st-"

"No. She is a bad kid, don't you see it? She is mocking us Hikaru"

"I am not a bad kid" the girl defended herself. She got up and crossed her arms.

"You are. That's why no one is playing with you" The girls defensive look dropped. Het eyes started to get teary. She looked down; tugging the edge of her yellow skirt.

"Hyung. Don't be harsh p-please? She is not b-bad" he tried to make the older understand. "How do you know?"

"Because she is cute" The little girl was literally dumbfounded but still managed to blush a little and smile.

"Cute? She is ugly"

"Stop. You are a meanie"

"Shut up or else I'll take your ball"

"I won't "

"Watch me"

And so he did.

When the other guy ran after him, he found his ball in a not so ball like shape already. He cried a little.

His poor ball.

"W-why did you do t-that hyung? Am i not your friend anymore?" He said with sparkling eyes, filled with tears of course.

"Well its your fault"

"But hyung! Its your fault!" He kicked the grass beneath him. The elder guy muttered a 'whatever' and left throwing away the bad in shape ball.

The younger one frowned. The girl saw everything and felt a little pity for the boy. "I am sorry" he said when he came back. Trying not to cry but his sadness still visible.

"W-why?" She was utterly confused. "My hyung was mean to you. He is nice but sometimes like this"

"Like my Yoongi uncle?"

"Who's that?" He said as he took a seat on the bench. The girl looked at him and also sat next to him. The little guy had a small smile and eyes filled with curiosity. He was curious to know why his hyung is being compared to some uncle.

"My papa said that my Yoongi uncle was like this when they were kids. But then he was nice with my papa and now he said he is super sweet too. Like Yoongi uncle is the cutest and coolest!" She said giggling and clasping her hands together.

"Does this mean my hyung will be sweet too when he grows up?" He said with big puppy eyes.

"Nope. It means he will be sweet when he likes someone"

"So he doesn't like me?" He said looking down. The girl felt a little flustered cause boy the boy is cute as a little boy and boy the girl feels like she likes this kid boy already. She patted his shoulder.

"No. It means he doesn't like me. He did that because he was jealous since you called me cute"

"Really? But he..my poor ball.."

"Next time you tell him you love him. Hug him, my papa did no does that when my Yoongi uncle is sad or mad. He says my papa is so cute that he can't stay mad for too long."

"It means I'm cute too?" He said grinning. God his eyes were so cute when he did that. "Um..y-yeah" she got belly-ache.

Two little kids spent more time talking like this. They got to know each other's names as well. Hikaru, the guy is 10 and Hanuel; the girl is 10 as well.(A/N: she is probably supposed to be 12 but i like it this way) The hyung being a guy called Yoosan at 11.

They had no idea that it was already noon. It was time for her to leave but she waited for the elderly woman to come and take her back to the orphanage.

"Its time for me to go" Hikaru said.

"Me too" she pouted. She didn't want to leave this new friend yet.

"But I can't. Mrs Yon needs to come to pick me up"

"Well my dad said he will pick us up from here too. Usually I go with hyung but he left without me. Our house is just 5 minutes away from here though. If my dad forgets then i can still go alone. I am a big boy" he said jumping out of the bench.

"Hikaru! Let's go!"  A voice yelled from metres away. Hikaru waved at him smiling.

"That's my dad! Gotta go. See you someday Hanuel"

"Bye" she saw him running to meet his dad and hug him. They drove off in a car.

'I miss my mommy'  the girl thought.

She misses her mom so much. Whenever she sees kids with their parents she feels a sting inside of her little heart. She lost her at a young age and dad only after 3 years when she was born. She never feels like she lacks love of a dad since her papa and uncles are always there. She has more than one uncle by the way. Her papa loves her a lot. Always visiting her; staying with her for hours although he can't adopt her yet, he said he would adopt her soon. And she believes him.

 

A guy saw the girl frowning. She looked lonely and he knew why. So again he is ready to cheer her up.

"Why is my angel sad?" A deep voice was heard from behind, the man backhugging her.

"Papa! You came!" She hugged him as the man took a seat beside her. The man was wearing casual clothes. He pecked her forehead. A ring shining on his finger.

He cupped her face and looked straight at her eyes fondly. "I had to. Mrs.Yon didn't come yet?"

"No.."

"Its alright. Papa is here. Now tell me Hanuel, why so sad? Anything wrong?"

"I miss mommy" she said when she was close to tears.

"Is she watching over me like Kookie is watching over you?"

'Kookie...'

"Yes.Over both of us. You don't want your hero and your mommy to get sad watching you right?"

"No."

"So smile hm?" She hugged him. Wrapping her small body around him as he let her. It made them both feel warmth.

"For my hero, my mommy and you, I will. "

"That's like my angel"

---

Kim Taehyung. He really loves his angel. He is always positive now, happy and selfless like he was when Kookie was alive. Although when he was gone things weren't what they used to be for Taehyung. Even after 15 days when Jungkook was gone, he was still gloomy actually even that word can't define his pain. Even after 15 days he denied his death, he denied everything. He really thought Jungkook was kidnapped or something. His mother even slapped him to come back to reality but he couldn't.

He was pathetic, broken, terrified and depressed. He used to sit in a corner of his room locking himself and cry. His face was so pale, eyes swollen and lips chapped. In just 15 days he lost so much weight.  For 15 days didn't even talk to his hyungs. Yoongi tried to even break the door and step inside of his room but that won't really make things better.

He just couldn't get it. How can a guy come, love you, kiss you, dance with you and disappear in the thin air. Jungkook wasn't some wizard for God's sake.

Things confused everyone but still they knew that it was done. He couldn't come back. His hyungs, his mom they also just couldn't really understand what the hell happened. But they couldn't even get time to grieve. Taehyung was acting so hard and they were facing a tough time trying to console him. They didn't want that kid to feel like that.

But on the 16th day, when he heard his Yoongi hyung yelling through his door and saying to watch a news about Jungkook, he got out of the room. But it wasn't a pleasant scene. It was a news about how Jungkook died saving a little girl's life and how he was being considered a hero. The news showed both the girl and Jungkook's picture.

That was the time when Taehyung's ground really was shaken beneath him. Since then he accepted the reality. He was proud of Jungkook but still he wasn't himself anymore. He wasn't living, no. He was just breathing.

This went on for a year. His mom tried to set him up with dates but nothing really worked so his mom also stopped trying. But that was the time when Taehyung and Yoongi became really close. Yoongi was there for him always. Letting him cry on his shoulder, letting him curse on Jungkook for leaving him like this and what not.

But coincidentally or not, when he met the little girl Hanuel who was still alive thanks to Jungkook, he instantly recognised her. That was 10 months ago. Since than those last words of Jungkook were ringing in his head. He was bound to a promise. Taehyung decided it was time to move on. He didn't want to break his promises made to Jungkook. He told his head and heart that Jungkook was always watching  him and protecting him. He always wore that promise ring as a remeberance of their story; of their promise. They were together still; even if one wasn't physically with another he was still there. That ring was the biggest proof.

He wanted to do things for kids. He thought how Jungkook saved that girl. Since than he started to visit Haneul more and more and started to tell the story about Jungkook, the hero who save Haneul.

The little girl was happy. She thought she met a real hero and got a dad too. Taehyung was getting himself more gradually, he loved that girl so much. It was as if God gifted the girl to him. As if God knew they needed eachother. 

Call it crazy; coincidence; destiny or whatever.

Whenever he saw a kid sad, he used to say, "An angel is watching over you. He told me that he loves you. Now smile. No one is alone. Someone is always protecting you, physically or magically"

A few months ago Taehyung tried to adopt Hanuel but it wasn't that easy. So he told Haneul to wait. Mrs. Yon; the care taker of Haneul(A/N: if it can work that way) trusted Taehyung as well. Who wouldn't trust a guy who literally does anything to make an unknown girl smile?

----

After a week

"Hyung! Don't!" Taehyung was waddling and running after Yoongi who stole his precious phone from him. He hates Taehyung being a fanboy.

Its just too "omg! She/he is so cute" kinda Taehyung.

"I will talk to you okay? Now give it back you old man"

"Park Hyungsik is old, not me"

"Oh you just did not say that you old fart"

Park Hyunsik is his ultimate bias. Of course he deserves to be fanboyed.

"What is going on?" A voice interrupted.

Taehyung stopped and his nose hit Yoongi's back who got red. It was so embarrassing for him to act like a jealous kid in front of Taehyung's mom.

Both blinked. Taehyung felt like dying. "You boys alright?" They both awkwardly nodded. Taehyung and Yoongi both smiled awkwardly. His mom stared at them once before going upstairs.

Taehyung was about to speak but his phone started ringing. "Hello?" He snatched the phone back.

He was least interested in the conversation but a giggle made him intesrested. He saw the caller ID and realized it was Hanuel.

"Papa!"

"Oh Haneul angel? How are you sweetie? "

"I'm fine but I miss you" he then put the phone on speaker mode.

For Yoongi obviously.

"Uncle misses you too" he butted in, he spoke loudly taesing Taehyung.

"Uncle! You are there too? You sound happy"

"Of course you have a sweet voice. I will get happy ya know" he said, a smirk evident in his face while Taehyung glared at him. "Anyway Haneul, you ate? Its night time. Did you trouble Mrs. Yon? Are you okay? Did you brush your teeth? Did yo-"

"Papa don't worry. I did everything. But I actually wanna go somewhere"

"Where?" Both Yoongi and Taehyung said in unison.

"To a friend's house"

~~~~

"Are you sure this is the place hyung?" Taehyung said holding Hanuel's pinky finger. He was wearing glasses but obviously he didn't need them. He wanted to look mature. I mean who's gonna believe he is 25 when they see him dancing to random songs in public places or yelling at the top of his lungs when he hears 'Park Hyunsik'.

 Yoongi nodded. He pressed on the door bell. A man in a white shirt and black pants opened the door with a look of confusion. He was kinda bulky and well built. "Yes?"

"We are actually here for your son Hikaru? My daughter wanted to see him. She is his friend" he said smiling politely and then bowing.

"Oh! You must be Taehyung and you must be Yoongi! You are Hanuel right? Come in. My son already informed" It wasn't any huge mansion but it was a cozy home. Taehyung felt a weird feeling when he stepped inside. It was something nostalgic.

Like the first time when he stepped inside Jungkook's house.

Haneul saw Hikaru approaching them and she instantly hugged him. Even Yoongi couldn't help but feeling the need to awe. Both the kids went to Hikaru's room while Hikaru's dad, Yoongi and Taehyung were at the living room.

"So where is Hanuel's mom? What's her name?" Taehyung gulped. Yoongi got nervous. Yoongi looked at Taehyung.

"She lost her 2 years ago. She is in orphanage and no, she isn't my actual daughter"

"W-what?"

Taehyung and Yoongi explained everything to him. At first Yoongi wanted to lie but then he thought it was of no use. But his father was actually a matured and sensible man. He understood them and didn't over react.

"Than you so much Mr.Shim for understanding"

"Its alr-" he got interrupted.

"Dad! Can I go outside to play with Haneul?"

"But Yoosan isn't even with you, are you sure?"

"Yes" both the kids said together.

"Alright but..Mr.Kim and Mr.Min can you both go as well? It would be better you know. I would but I have some work" he said.

"Its fine and call me Taehyung or Taehyung-ssi because I'm younger than you and you can call Yoongi hyung by his name too-"

"Actually I prefer Mr.Min" he said with a smile.

Taehyung wanted to really punch Yoongi but decided to keep it cool.

'This little old savage fart'

But Mr.Shim didn't mind at all. "Its cool and you guys can call me whatever you want. Just don't call me Honeypie cause only my wife got that right" he said smiling.

The other two laughed and the kids were whispering between themselves. "Papa let's go!"

~~~

It was peaceful. The were at the park sitting on the bench. Taehyung and Yoongi were seeing two beautiful kids playing together. Suddenly Yoongi got a call and left saying Jin hyung needs him or something so Taehyung was left alone with them. But he didn't mind.

He heard about Hikaru a lot from Hanuel and he was happy for Hanuel since Hanuel never really had many friends.

 

A kid looking slightly older patted Hikaru's shoulder from behind and Hanuel stopped smiling. Yoosan brought a blue ball with him. The old one but now it was filled with air with better condition. Hikaru's eyes instantly lit up with joy. He grabbed his ball and hugged it as if it was his life. "My ball! Hyung, did you fill air in it? It looks more clean!" He said being really cheerful.

Yoosan was a little nervous to say it because he wasn't used to apologising. "Y-yeah..I am sorry. I was j-just jealous.."

"Its okay hyung. I forgive you but you were a meanie to her as well"

"I'm sorry..I was bad before to you. He called you cute and so I got jealous, he is my only friend." He apologised to Hanuel.

Taehyung felt he recalled something. His childhood. He smiled a little. Lips tugging upwards

 

. Hanuel smiled at him, at first she was a little scared but now not at all. She knew what it felt to be lonely. "Its alright. Can I call you oppa?"

"Call me Yoosan oppa. What's your name?"

"Hanuel"

"Hikaru was right. You are cute. Now let's play!"

 

Taehyung watched the kids with admiration. It reminded him so many things and filled his eyes with tears. He looked at his ring and gently placed his lips over it.

"I miss you" he lowly said as he looked at the sky. The sky was so bright blue. It was a pleasant morning. "But don't you worry Kook" he ran his thumb over the ring. He saw his initials so clearly on it. "I miss you, I always do but I am happy. I never forgot you. I will always keep my promise" He looked at them. "Do you see them? See Hanuel? She makes me happy. I am so proud of you Kook. I am happy you loved me too. I am happy for us. Happy with our childhood that we spent together. Happy with your bravery.." a tear fell on the ring. But it was a tear of happiness. He looked at the sky with a blissful smile, his eyes shone and face was filled with gladness.

"You see them? You remember something? This is how our story began and I believe another one will begin soon"

"Papa! Play with us!"

He faced Hanuel waving at him few metres away. Taehyung yelled "Alright!"

-End-

---

So this officially ended!