Fin.

As I Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shaving,” Joshua’s sleepy voice reverberates in their tiled bathroom. “Aren't we running late?”

He groggily grabs his towel from the rack just beside the sink where his husband is and swings it over his neck. He stops for a moment to look at Jeonghan on the mirror, and he finds himself forced to stare a little. The sight of shaving foam makes him oddly… giddy.

“You know I can’t go to work with this patchy mess.” Jeonghan scrapes off a trail of shaving foam with his dollar-store razor, and Joshua gawks at how satisfying it looks.

Jealousy creeps up on his veins. Why can't he grow facial hair?

He pushes the thought aside since he knows it's selfish for him to want something just so he can get rid of it. Perhaps that is a harsh way to put it, but he can't help that, too.

“Can I try?” The words are out of his mouth before he could stop them. He knows they're running late. He knows he should be nagging Jeonghan to wash up faster, but he just really, badly wants to shave his husband’s face for some reason.

Jeonghan’s hand halted at that, and he raised a funny eyebrow at the younger. If it was someone else, Joshua would have backed away in a corner and muttered a string of apologies for being too intrusive, but he figures his husband would not appreciate that, so he lets the hopeful look stay on his face, eventually coaxing Jeonghan into understanding what he meant by try. 

The older handed him the razor, and Joshua visibly vibrates with excitement that even Jeonghan couldn't hold back a small laugh. Joshua sat himself next to the sink with his husband's hands supporting him by the waist should he fall. 

“If you cut me,” Jeonghan warns, lower lip jutting out exaggeratedly. “I’ll cry.”

The younger shakes his head abruptly, mumbling about what a big baby Jeonghan must be if he really cries, and starts to tug, gently of course, at the skin with no foam on it. He begins with short, firm , rinsing the foam off the razor from time to time.

Joshua didn't notice right away, but he finds his legs around Jeonghan’s waist, feet crossed together on his husband’s lower back in an attempt to keep him close enough so he can shave the sideburns properly but far enough so there's at least space between them. 

He then properly looks at Jeonghan's expression, checking for any sign of discomfort, but the man is grinning widely and, if he may add, stupidly.

He looks like he's fondly enjoying every second of it, or maybe that's just Joshua’s arrogant thinking. Or maybe Jeonghan is his other half and he knows by heart how every muscle on his whole head and body works, but he just doesn't want to assume how the other feels. 

Or maybe Joshua should just stop overthinking everything to madness.

“You’re being awfully clingy today, huh. Aren’t we running late? " Jeonghan mimics, his teasing tone rich as always.

Joshua decides to ignore that and defend himself with a harmless ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter