IYG? 03

I'm Your Girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm Your Girl?

Chapter Three:

Chaeyoung sat at the Café hidden away at the edge of their campus waiting for Momo. She had never been there before and had almost gotten lost looking for the place.

She was glad Momo had picked the Café though. Not only was it quiet, it was discreet and had a real chill vibe to it.

But more importantly, there was caffeine and she needed it after the lack of sleep gone through.

--

 

Chaeng had woken up in a panic, feeling strangely constricted in a cocoon of warmth. It wasn’t so much the inability to move that scared her but more so the unfamiliar surroundings she found herself in.

She was in someone else’s room and as she tried to turn her head to look around, she found herself with a face full of fresh-scented brown hair, which confused her more since it wasn’t her own and Dahyun’s wasn’t this dark—oh.

That’s right, she was in Mina’s room, and she was in Momo’s body.

Chaeyoung used the arm that wasn’t wrapped around the other girl’s waist to brush some of the hair off her face. With her vision no longer obstructed, she turned to see a light from a clock on the bedside table. She squinted a bit to see the numbers and realized she could see them pretty well.

4:37

Chaeng had barely been asleep for an hour and a half after texting Momo. No wonder she felt so disoriented.

Despite the bed being the most comfortable one she’s ever slept in; she knew she wouldn’t be falling back asleep anytime soon. She was in an almost stranger’s house and wrapped in their arms. The issue wasn’t even that she was uncomfortable, it was more that she was too comfortable that was the problem.

She wasn’t big on skinship, even though Dahyun was, and she could count the amount of times they slept in each other’s arms on one hand. Dahyun loved it, but Chaeyoung tended to get hot or feel awkward and would need to move away. But here, in Mina’s arms, it felt right. She attested it to being in Momo’s body.

Momo loves skinship and she’s probably slept like this a million times. Her body is used to it. That’s all.

She took a deep breath to steel herself and felt Mina sink into her a bit more, the other girl had turned her head, so she was nestled into Chaeyoung’s neck and let out a puff of air once she settled.

Chaeyoung felt herself relaxing again.

That has to be it.

Chaeng fought the urge to fall asleep by thinking of ground rules for the meeting she’d be having with Momo on a few hours.

Rule 1: don’t tell anyone

After about an hour and much brainstorming, she had narrowed the list down. Once that was settled, she stopped forcing herself to stay awake and soon succumbed to her dreams.

--

 

“Hey,” she was startled from her memory by a hand on her shoulder and almost spilled the coffee in her grasp.

Chaeyoung composed herself and looked at the other girl in front of her. She didn’t know if she’d be able to get over seeing her own body in front of herself. Hell, it was hard enough getting ready that morning, not only because she had to shower—she had been embarrassed since she was in a foreign body and might have stared a little… it wasn’t her fault, Momo was hot!—but because she had to borrow some of Mina’s clothes since she had stayed the night.

Momo seemed to have noticed by the way her smile slightly faltered. She covered it up with a cough as she took her seat.

“Glad you found it.”

“Your directions were surprisingly on point. My favorite part was when you said to stop by the third tree after the fountain to pet Sam the squirrel.”

“How is he? I came from the other side of the library, so I didn’t get to see him.”

“I was actually really scared at first! He ran right out to me.”

“Yeah, he does that.” Momo laughed. “I’m getting a drink; do you want anything?”

Chaeyoung opened to reply and Momo continued. “It’s on you.” She pulled out Chaeng’s wallet with a grin.

“Fine, get me a chocolate croissant.” She’s lucky her scholarship included a hefty food stipend that could be used at any of the locations on campus.

Momo came back a few moments later. She took her seat and slid a plate with two croissants to the center of the table before taking a long sip of her mocha frappuccino.

Chaeng waited for Momo to finish swallowing before talking.

“So, you made out with Dahyun.”

Which was a good idea because Momo had begun to choke on air.

“On accident!”

“For hours?”

“Well-” Momo floundered for a response then she remembered Chaeng’s clothes. “Well you kissed Mina!”

“After you told me to!”

“Yeah, okay you got me there, but I didn’t tell you to stay the night.” She held up a hand when Chaeyoung tried to explain herself in order to continue. “Anyways, your-” she stopped herself from saying your girlfriend, “Dahyun is good at kissing.”

“I know… so is Mina.”

“I know.”

Momo sighed. “Okay, I’m not as upset as I thought I was gonna be. But I think it’s cuz I told you to do it so you can keep Mina happy.”

Chaeyoung nodded. It seemed like a valid reason.

And she definitely kissed Mina.

Momo didn’t mention the fact that she was more upset at the Sana thing from last night. She figured that could wait for another time. There were more important things at hand.

“Speaking of making Mina happy, shouldn’t we go over the rules?”

“Good idea.”

“Then you can tell me all about the date and explain why you’re in Mina’s clothes.” Momo had a smarmy grin on her face and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes before pulling out her phone to show the list she had made.

No ruining the each other’s life No ruining each other’s relationship Stay in character Can’t get jealous of the other (see rules 1-3) Let the other know when they’re being stupid /irrational Go to school & maintain grades Keep the secret a secret No secrets between us

 “You have eight rules? That’s so many!”

“It’s a good amount,” Chaeyoung huffed before looking at Momo’s phone and the list the girl made.

Skinship is a must Keep the gf happy (whatever it takes but tell me anything that happens!) No telling anyone the secret

“Why do you only have three? Did you think of them on the way here?”

Momo shuffled in her seat. “No! Look, I just picked the important things and I didn’t want it be so restrictive.”

What she said made sense, but Chaeng had the feeling she actually did come up with the list on her way to the Café. “Okay, fine then.”

“Glad that’s over with.” Momo stood up with a stretch. “I’m getting water. You want some?”

Chaeyoung nodded and Momo left once more to get their drinks. She returned shortly after since the Café wasn’t busy. It seemed like not too many people knew about the place, which Chaeng was glad for once again.

“Oh, before I forget.” Chaeng reached down to grab something from her backpack and placed it on the table. “Mina said thanks for helping clean up so we could have our date.”

“Is this..?”

“Yes.”

“I love you!”

“Uh-” Chaeyoung cut herself off when she noticed where the other girl was looking. Momo wasn’t even talking to her at this point. She had picked up the container of jokbal and was looking at it in wonder.

“I can’t wait to get you alone.”

Chaeyoung felt her face flush. It was weird hearing her voice say things like that in a certain tone.

“Alright!” Chaeng placed her hands on the table to interrupt whatever was happening in front of her with the other girl and the food container.

Momo set the container down and looked forlornly at it before giving her attention to Chaeyoung. She raised an eyebrow as if wondering why she was interrupted.

“You wanted to know about the date?”

“Oh yeah.”

--

 

Chaeyoung made her way through the fire escape and back to the apartment. She stood outside of the door to psyche herself up once more.

When she got inside Mina was still cooking so she sat on the couch to watch the show Mina had set up for her while she thought of a good plan. After 10 minutes of contemplating and nothing to show for it, Chaeng figured the best way to go about it was to try to go with the flow.

She got off the couch and walked to the kitchen with the intent to be as natural as possible. Operation: Skinship would be a success if it was the last thing she did.

Mina’s back was turned to her, so she decided to take a page from the other girl’s book and gave her a back hug. Mina relaxed into the hold and turned to kiss Chayoung’s cheek.

“I’m glad you’re not upset. I wasn’t sure if I did something wrong—you were acting kinda weird.”

Chaeng gave her a quick squeeze. “Sorry, I was a bit preoccupied earlier.”

Mina laughed softly before responding. “Yeah, I know how you get with bio. Buuut,” she paused to turn in Chaeng’s arms. “That’s why I’m gonna help you unwind.”

Chaeyoung then felt herself being pushed backwards. It wasn’t rough, but it was definitely deliberate, and it didn’t stop until her back was against the counter behind her.

“Umm.” Chaeyoung let out a nervous laugh that was literally a hehehe. She could see Mina’s face getting closer and looked around her to the stove. “What about the food?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter