IYG? 02

I'm Your Girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m Your Girl?

Chapter Two:

Chaeyoung is acting different, Dahyun isn’t sure what’s going on, but she thinks she might like it.

It’s still a secret.

--

 

The sun was beginning to set when Momo started to make her way to Chaeyoung’s apartment. She was glad the school was not located near any questionable areas and that the crime rate in the city was at an all-time low, because even though she’s not necessarily afraid of the dark, she's heard the horror stories of things going on near their rival school YGU.

Momo put Chaeng’s address into the phone she had been given. She’s glad the other girl’s passcode was in the shape of a 2, as it made it really easy to remember. She snooped around in her phone because if the other girl had something to hide she would have said something. It was pretty boring, there were only a few apps, so Momo decided to check the gallery. The pictures that Chaeyoung had were more artsy than anything, but that didn't mean that there wasn’t anything to look at. There were several pictures Chaeng with another girl who had long blonde hair and pale skin.

Momo isn’t blind, she knows Chaeyoung is attractive, but the other girl she was with was something else. Momo shook her head, she had been standing in the middle of the sidewalk looking at pictures of the girl she could only assume was Chaeyoung’s girlfriend for 10 minutes. She closed the gallery, opened the GPS again, and followed the directions to Chaeng’s apartment. As she walked she noticed the area she was in was actually only a few blocks away from Mina's apartment.

I can't believe she lives this close. I better get some jokbal tonight.

The building Chaeyoung lived in was owned by the university and was one of the few off-campus dorms they had. All the university dorms had keycards to get access into the building, but Momo had no clue where Chaeyoung kept her key so she walked into the building and knocked on the glass window that led to what seemed to be a small access room next to the entrance. A girl with headphones on was studying in the room and she looked up when she heard the knock. Once the girl recognized Momo, she unlocked the door to the lobby.

Their university offered a work-study program where students could be paid to work at various university locations with a light workload that allowed them to do their studies. Momo had tried it her freshman year, she did exactly what the girl was doing, which was sit at the entrance of the university dorms, manage the access to the building and ensure there were no afterhours visitors. The job was cake, and it was how she ended up meeting Mina, because for someone so responsible, she often lost her keycard and would need to be let into the building.

“Hey, Chaeng,” the girl said, nodding at Momo as she made her way inside. Momo smiled back.

“Hey, Tzuyu,” Momo said after looking discreetly at the nametag the other girl was wearing.

 

Momo was sure the building had seen better days. While the outside looked pristine, the lobby had a weird stale smell, like microwaved food mixed with someone’s body spray as if they tried to use that to cover up the smell. Momo scrunched her nose at the smell and looked around.

It looked like the University made an attempt at the upkeep of the building, because the walls were white and off-white—like they wanted to make the room look nice for visitors, but they didn’t care enough to either find the same color that was previously there or repaint the entire walls the new color.  The lobby led to an elevator, a stairwell, and a room separated by glass, which Momo guessed was the common room based on the couches, tables, and TV located inside. She passed a bunch of mailboxes on the wall that seemed to be in good condition and opted to take the stairs, since Chaeyoung’s room was on the second floor of the 10-story building.

Room 209.

Momo reached the room listed in Chaeng’s text and searched the pockets of the other girl’s backpack for her keys. She found the keyring with two keys attached to a small wallet, which contained Chaeng’s building keycard, some cash, and school ID. She felt a little dumb for not looking for the building keycard earlier when it had been so easy to find just now, she shrugged it off and tried the larger of the two keys on the door, guessing that the smaller one was a mail key.

The dorm was small and offered little privacy besides the shared bathroom in the corner of the room. The rest of the dorm was open and barely had enough room for two sets of twin sized beds separated by two desks, one bookcase, a mini fridge, and a microwave.  

There were, however, two people in the room looking awfully cozy crouched over a book together. They didn’t even seem to notice her come in.

 

Momo closed the door behind her. It slammed—accidentally and definitely not on purpose—startling the two girls on the bed who looked toward the noise.

Momo suddenly felt embarrassed. “Umm, hey?”

“Oh, hey! I didn’t know you were going to be back so soon,” the smaller of the two girls on the bed said. She had a wide smile on her face and Momo recognized the girl from Chaeyoung’s pictures. This must be Dahyun, Chaeng’s girlfriend. “You said that you had to redo a lab and it might take a while.”

Dahyun looked excited to see her and Momo couldn’t help but smile back. It took a few seconds for her to realize that she was just smiling at the other girl instead of responding like a normal person would. She’s not gonna lie, she’s glad that she saw the pictures, because this girl was beautiful, and it would be bad if she made a fool of herself in front of who was supposed to be her own girlfriend.

Pictures did not do you justice, Momo thought, but outwardly replied with, “Yeah, I had a great partner, so we finished pretty quick.”

Dahyun put a finger on her chin in thought, “Was it that Mimi girl? I thought you said-”

“No no, I mean yes yes. I mean it was Mimi, I mean,” Momo paused and took a breath. She wasn’t even upset that Dahyun had said the wrong name, she was flustered because the girl had looked extra cute and it jumbled her thoughts for a second. “Her name is Momo, but we just got off on the wrong foot. She’s actually pretty amazing. I wish I would’ve gotten to know her sooner.”

Momo watched as Dahyun tilted her head to the side at her statement, but the girl didn’t respond so she continued. “So, who’s...?” She made a vague gesture at the room’s other occupant.

“Oh!” Dahyun jumped and turned to girl sitting really close to her. “This is Sana. She’s from my anatomy class. We have our first test coming up and we’re trying to study.”

Well you look a little cozy. Momo isn’t sure why she’s getting upset at the two girls’ closeness. They’re just close cuz they’re sharing a book, it would be harder to see if they were further apart. She nodded to herself and looked around. Wait, why are they sharing a book when there’s another one open on the other bed??

Momo walked over to the unoccupied bed and picked up the book, “Oh, here’s another book. I bet it’s pretty cramped trying to share one like that.” She gave wide smile to Dahyun and a pointed look to Sana.

“It’s fine.” Sana smiled and nudged Dahyun’s shoulder playfully. “It’s not that bad next to Dahyunnie.” Dahyun smiled in return and sheepishly looked away.

Momo just blinked in response. Sana literally just flirted with Dahyun in front of her. Were they not open with their relationship? Did Dahyun not care?

She started to get upset again.

It’s because I’m in Chaeng’s body.

That’s why.

Because Dahyun is Chaeyoung’s girlfriend, and I’m Chaeyoung, therefore she’s my girlfriend. I’m just feeling this way since I’m in her body.

She didn’t know what to say and she probably looked dumb holding the book up when it apparently wasn’t needed, so she brought it with her as she joined the two girls on the bed. Sana looked surprised, and Momo figured it was the best time to stop making a fool of herself and show Sana that Dahyun was off-limits.

It was cramped but Momo had managed to lie down on the bed and put her head in Dahyun’s lap. The other girl made a face but didn’t push her off, instead she started running her fingers through Momo’s hair.

“You okay?” Dahyun asked softly.

“Just tired.”

Dahyun hummed in response and smiled down at her girlfriend. Sana let out a small huff and Momo looked up toward the other girl. She seemed to be upset at being ignored and Momo couldn’t help the snicker she let out. Dahyun looked at her questioningly before turning her attention to Sana who had started using aegyo to get the younger girl’s attention.

Momo rolled her eyes and turned to bury her head in Dahyun’s tummy after Sana started to get annoying. She began to feel tired since Dahyun had continued to play with her hair, and that had always been something that put her to sleep since she was a child. Just as she was about to fall asleep, the fingers running through her hair stopped, and she couldn’t help the whine that came out .

Momo could hear Dahyun giggling above her. “What’s going on?”

“Why’d you stop?” Momo mumbled into Dahyun’s stomach.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter