IYG? Prologue

I'm Your Girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm Your Girl?

Prologue:

Hirai Momo isn't the most gifted when it comes to chemistry. She doesn't get the formulas and weird math that goes into it all. She's not dumb, she just keeps mixing up the equations and things like that. Now if you were taking about having chemistry with people, yeah, that's what she's good at.

She was good at reading people. Hell, she even studied people. More specifically people and living organisms as a whole, since biology is what she's majoring in.

People say biology and chemistry are related, but she just doesn't see it.

“What do you mean you don't see it?” Momo's lab partner Son Chaeyoung sighed for the umpteenth time this week. “Biology literally needs chemistry to work! The interactions with atoms, molecules, and compounds are exactly what-”

“Chaeyoung,” Momo interrupted, “This is the 10th time you've told me this and it's only the third week of class.” The chemistry lab was also only held twice a week. The amount of times Momo's had heard the other girl complaining about the same thing was excessive.

Chaeyoung crossed her arms with a huff. “That's because you didn't understand it the other nine times I've told you.”

She might have tried to mumble it but Momo heard her loud and clear. “I don't need to understand why, I just need to pass this class.”

“But aren't you going to take-”

“I'll worry about it when the time comes.”

“That's not very responsible.”

“Neither is letting the mixture boil over when it's supposed to be simmering.” A new voice entered the conversation startling Momo and Chaeyoung. They stopped their bickering and faced their instructor.

“Sorry, Dr. Kim” “Sorry, Professor Kim”

Professor Kim turned off burner.

“I expect more out of you Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung glared at Momo, who shrugged and stared at her nails. It wasn't her fault Chaeyoung turned the burner on high. The instructions said to keep a low flame. Maybe if Chaeyoung would let her help it wouldn't have gotten messed up. So what if she was bad at the equation side of things, she could at least follow simple instructions to do the experiment.

Whatever, Momo didn't care she just needed to pass.

C's get degrees after all.

“I have office hours at 5pm. I expect to see both of you here to redo your experiment.”

That got Momo's attention. Thursday nights were date nights. They used to be Friday or Saturdays, but her girlfriend Mina (whose dancing was one of the few to rival her own) taught evening classes through the weekend at the local dance studio while Momo volunteered at the local animal shelter during the day.

“Dr. Kim-”

“We'll be there.” Chaeyoung cut the older girl off. Then it was Momo's turn to glare.

Momo quickly covered the look and smiled at the prof. “Thanks for giving us another chance, Dr. Kim”

“Anything for you, Momo.” He smiled back. “You both can go ahead and clean this up. I'll see you this evening.”

The professor had barely made it two steps away before Momo's lab partner turned to her. “Ew, did you really just flirt with the Prof? Gross. Also, you know you don't have to call him Doc, right? Kim Heechul does not have his PhD.”

“I know that. I just feel sorry for him because he's the only one in the department without it. Also, I wasn't flirting, I'm just trying to stay on his good side.”

“Riiight.”

Momo rolled her eyes and ignored the girl’s statement. She just continued to pack up her bag and left. Momo couldn't stand the other girl. Just because she was a supposed “science prodigy” didn't mean she was all that.

She really hated that Son Chaeyoung girl.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled to herself as she watched her lab partner leave the classroom. She was glad she riled her up after making her look bad on front of her advisor.

Then she realized that the other girl had left her to clean up the materials and she let out a frustrated groan.

She really hated that Hirai Momo girl.

 

-

 

When Chaeyoung made it to the classroom at 5, there was no sign of the professor, but the materials for the experiment were already laid out on the table. Momo was sat at the table carefully measuring out liquids from various containers

“The lab isn't worth that much if you're going for extra credit.”

“Look, can you cut it out?” Momo aggressively put breaker down. Liquid sloshed onto table, but Momo ignored it. “I'm already in a relationship and I'm gonna be missing date night to do this experiment with you.”

“Well I'm soooorry you don't have time to smooch with your boyfriend since we have to do this lab over.”

“I don't need your assumptions, short stack. My girlfriend only has tonight off and we've had to cancel our plans 3 times in the past 2 weeks so I've barely seen her since the start of the semester.”

“Oh...”

Momo turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter