A Small Gesture

Books & Hot Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After contemplating my existence for a few days I once again stood in front of the bookstore, holding the book as I walked up to the counter where the same girl I saw before sat, that still looked hot may i add, completely indulged in her book.


“Uhh- Hi,” I started, trying not to come over as too nervous, “could i maybe trade this book? I’ll pay for the extra costs ofcourse but I kind of took the wrong one and-” My nervous rambling got stopped as I heard the girl chuckle, her attention shifting from her book to me.


“Sure.” She said with a small smile on her lips.


This time I made sure I actually went to the literature section, after eyeing the Zootopia book once again, but I decided on taking an actual book for this project. Actual book as in not a comic or a dictionary.

My eyes scanned the books that were scattered all over the place, coming to the conclusion that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and eventually just standing there gawking at the books for about 10 minutes until I heard someone approaching.


Flustered because I didn’t want to look like a that never went to a bookstore before I quickly grabbed a book pretending to read as counter girl made her way to where I was standing, silently staring at.. Me?


Uhh..?


The girl chuckled again, receiving a puzzled look from me.


“Can I help you?” She asked.


“Oh-! No, I’m okay, thankyou.”


She didn’t seem convinced of my answer as she slightly narrowed her eyes in suspicion, asking if I’m sure.


“Yesyes, thankyou, I’m fine.”


“..” She slowly moved away, and right as she got out of sight I softly heard her say; “The book you’re reading is upside down though, just so you know” making me almost drop de book as my face instantly turned red, good work so far at the not looking like a Jinsoul.

Sighing in defeat I put the book back where it belonged, leaving my nonexistent pride behind as I went over to the counter.


“..Ok I might need your help.”


The girl laughed under her breath, and it was probably one of the most beautiful sounds I’ve ever heard even though it was just because of me being dumb but knowing I was the reason for her laughter made my heart flutter, and if my face wasn’t red enough already it now probably looked purple due to the lack of oxygen as I managed to get out a “If that’s okay by you ofcourse” at which she smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter