Dreams

Stars

With her looks and friendly vibe, Klaudia immediately became popular in the school. But she became even more popular when she performed a sing and dance number, covering one of BoA’s songs, during our Christmas festival. 

We weren’t that close back then. But since we’re in the same class, we became groupmates in our Science class.

“Wah! I can’t believe we finished early.” She expressed as we finished compiling the printed sheets of our report. We were in our house and invited her after class for a few days and managed to finish our project in 4 days.

“I hope you didn’t feel like I forced you to rush everything.” I told her.

“Well you kind of, but it’s okay with me. That means I’ll have more time to focus in my training.”

“Training?” I asked.

“Well… Promise me that you’ll keep this as a secret, okay?”

“Okay, I promise.”

“You see, I went here in Korea because I got in an international audition in an entertainment company here. I just started my lessons a few months ago and I’m really happy that we finished this early because I will have more time to prepare for our evaluation,” she explained.

Well, no wonder… with her looks and talent, I’m sure she’s really fit as an idol. I think some students in our school also suspects that she’s a trainee, but none of them had the courage to ask her.

“Oh… I see. That’s a relief then. What are you planning to perform then?”

“I’m planning to perform Beautiful by Christina Aguilera for vocals and Rihanna’s Disturbia for dance.”

I then asked her to perform what she has practiced so far, and I was left in awe. She’s really good. I even joked about how she’s really incredible if she could also rap. Man, I was at loss for words when she started rapping Eminem’s Lose Yourself.

I think that day started it all. Knowing that I can play both the guitar and piano, we sometimes hang out and just jam. Sometimes I help her practice her vocals and give comments when it comes to dance.

We became the best of friends.

And I’m her number one fan even before debut.

“Why an idol in Korea if you can just apply in the US?” I asked her one time

“Because I’m also a kpop fan. I like the music. Kpop music has this enjoyable sound in it and when it comes to ballad, I love how soulful the songs are. It’s like, even though I couldn’t understand them at first, the way the singers express the songs, it moves people. Listening to them made me dream. It made me dream that someday, I will also be like them. I will also be a star like them, not only looking beautiful in someone’s dark night, but also shine and give light. I want to give happiness through music like them. It’s like giving back, you know – giving back to the industry that made me dream.”

“Did you know that you just talked like an ahjumma?” I teased, but deep inside, I was amazed with how she looked into it. Others were into it because of the fame and money. Others were in the industry because they just like performing.

“Yah! You’re mean. What about you then? What do you want to be someday? What are your dreams?”

“Dreams… I don’t know. I don’t know what I want to do with my life yet. Hahaha! I thought it’s still too early for that until I heard you.”

“Well, there’s no need to rush. One day, everything will just fall into their right places and in a Eureka-like moment, you’ll realize what you want to do with your life. Who knows, you may be the president of my official fanclub in the future, or a fansite unnie? Kekeke…”

It was supposed to be a joke. But it doesn’t sound bad.

A fan, huh.