Intro

Stars

Intro


August 25, 2009


“Ugh! I really wish it’s Autumn soon.” Exclaimed the long-haired girl as she got into their school, shaking her wet umbrella dry. It was a bright sunny day when she left their house, but as she got into the bus, dark clouds suddenly covered the skies. In the middle of her journey, rain started to fall.

As she got into their classroom, she immediately heard murmurs --- her classmates were busy talking about something.

“There’s a transfer student.” Her seatmate answered as she asked what the matter was.

“A girl? Or a boy?” She asked.

“A Chinese girl from US…”

“Oh, an ABC!” She expressed, attempting for a joke.

“What ABC?” Her seatmate asked, not getting the joke.

“Aish… Don’t you know ABC? American Born Chinese!” She said, breaking into laughter from her own failed joke. Her seatmate shakes her head, wondering how she survived being her friend and seatmate for more than a year.

The bell soon rang, indicating the start of classes. That was when their teacher came in, followed by a girl with shoulder-length, black hair tied in a pony tail. Being a Chinese, as her classmates say, her eyes and facial features don’t look different from them.

“Good morning guys. I know you already heard that you’re going to have a new classmate. Well, let’s hear you’re new classmate’s voice.” Their teacher said before turning to the transferee, urging her to introduce herself.

They expected the new student to introduce herself in English with an American accent, or at least in broken Korean, but they were shocked as they heard her speak fluently in Korean. “Hi, I’m Klaudia Song. My mom is Korean. My dad is Chinese. I was born in San Francisco, but grew up in LA. Please take care of me!”

“Very nice Klaudia. Now, don’t you guys think it’s unfair if you know Klaudia’s name, but she doesn’t know who you are? Introduce yourselves one by one, first row from the left first.”

The students obeyed and introduced themselves one after the other until our other main character’s turn. She stood up and greeted, “Hi Klaudia! My name is Miyu… Choi Miyu.”