Countdown To Us [.2.]

Countdown To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Romance/Angst Soulmate AU

Pairing: Yoongi X Reader, Taehyung X Reader

What if your soulmate’s life was literally in the palm of your hand?? What if your soulmate is not the same man you have been in love with your whole life?? Was your soulmate late, or had the fates done a grave mistake..

Word Count: 4.2K+

♪ New Fic Playlist  ♪  (Will be updated as story progresses)

 

Author’s Note: Sorry I took so long loves. I have been super busy at work, and with everything going on writing has been a bit slow. I was able to finish this chapter and almost finish a few other’s of my WIPs. I am hoping you all enjoy this story. I promise it is going somewhere. The begining is slow, but I am so excited to show you all what I have planned for this. This story has been my favorite to plan, since I literally made up the whole world myself. Let me know what you all think :D

 

LEAVE ME FEEDBACK!! Good or bad it is always appreciated since it helps me develop as a writer. Minor Grammar mistakes are possible ( I will come back and reedit about a million times I promise). It takes me a lot to get the confidence to post, and when I do I love to see ya’ll comments and reblogs. It encourages me. So thank you guys :D

 

 


♪ It’s like I told you;
If you stay, I stay. ♪ 
—  Lana Del Rey

It was like a ticking time bomb. It marked the beginning of what our society had deemed as normal, and it marked the end of what I had classified as my normal. 

Taehyung's brown eyes had not left my figure the whole way home, and now as we laid in bed his voice was silent, but his trembling hand as it traced the darkened ‘50’ in my palm communicated the internal dilemma tonight had pitched our way.

“You know I love you… nothing has changed” my quiet raspy voice rang through the quiet room shocking us both.

“Nothing has changed... yet” Taehyung replied in a stronger voice than that of my own. Taehyung had always been brave, he had traveled through cities and forests bringing back full notebooks with stories of high mountaintops filled with white cold snow and drawings of an endless row of lit up buildings. Everything in my imagination vivid with the descriptions he planted to bloom within my brain. Trails I could only visit in my dreams for now because I had been condemned with strict, close-minded parents.

“No, don’t say that… we have battled through rougher storms”, I replied grasping his sun-kissed face between my hands, “You and I are not just for nows. We are forevers. We are eternal”

Taehyung avoided my eyes as he sat up, “Do you really believe that (y/n), you think we can go on like nothing happened while that clock in your hand ticks synchronized with each of his heartbeats. This soulmate is not a joke”

I looked at him petrified, “I will not hurt him. I will not misbehave and have his years stolen if that is what you think…”

Taehyung nodded, “(Y/N), you can’t fight fate”

“I know I can’t. A new year is about to begin, and you will be expected at the soulmate ceremony.  You will meet your soulmate that night, what are you going to do about that??” I asked as fear and rage consumed me from the inside out.

“I am going to talk to her, and I will explain my heart already belongs to someone else.  I will be her friend; not her lover.” Taehyung confidently replied, “I am strong and sure of who is the true owner of my heart”

I gulped down nervously. I had almost forgotten the soulmate ceremony would arrive along with the strongest storms of winter, and with our 25th year of life it would be our turn to walk on forward to be matched if we hadn’t run into our other half’s yet. Young adults from all over the world met up in the largest ceremony of the year in the capital/holy city where The Fates and Aphrodite made a guest appearance to finish matching the lone souls who had yet to have their mark burn into their skin.

The ‘50’. The curse. The countdown in my palm. Each number down is one less year, not for me but for him…. my soulmate. I had behaved in the eyes of my peers and superiors to keep his years intact for when I would finally encounter him, I would be able to move on forward without guilt. His lifespan untouched. 50 years from when our eyes would meet for this first time his would end. My soulmate would have a full life.

“I am strong too” I stubbornly said as my eyes watered and voice trembled. The sting in my palm pulsating.

“Did he have a 50 too??” Taehyung asked trying to drop the subject of his own soulmate that was still somewhere out there walking unknown to him in this world.

I shrugged my shoulders, I had not bothered to check at the moment with everything that was going, “I am not sure”

Taehyung stood up from the bed quickly rushing towards his sweater, “Wait, where are you doing??”

“We have to find him” he rushed out, “I will go, you stay here it is almost morning”

“No Tae, wait…” I rushed to him, “It is late, he probably isn’t there anymore. We can go tomorrow. Together.”

Taehyung stayed silent at the suggestion, his eyes glimmering with the internal battle b from these nights’ events.

“Please babe. He didn’t look like a bad person. I highly doubt he would sabotage my years by misbehaving. He didn’t seem very scared of the demigods either which is a good sign…. yes??”

Taehyung nodded, “Fine, but tomorrow we will head that way around the time we last saw him alright?? Together??”

I nodded, “Together”

 

 

I lied. During the night as I rested entangled within Taehyung’s warmth I didn’t think about those brown orbs or rosy lips against the pale skin of my soulmate. I didn’t dream about his deep voice or long slender fingers interlacing with mine. I didn’t dream about him, but as soon as the warm rays from the sun tickled my skin awake everything about the stranger from last night intrigued me. The bed was empty beside me, just like it was almost every morning after a night spend with Taehyung. My mom’s frightening yells would scare him away from the comfort of my bed sheets and into the cool early dim mornings.

I stretched as my bare feet hit the floor, my impulsive had always been curious of what fate had chosen for me. Clearly, Fate was blind to not see my one and truly soulmate had been with me all along; Taehyung.

I put on one of Taehyung’s old hoodies, the sleeves long enough to cover my hands from curious eyes.

“Mom I am heading out” I yelled loudly and jogged away before I could hear her scream out a response.

I traveled the street and alleys quickly, not bothering to stop and interact with neighbors or acquaintances. My mind had a mission, and that was to find the stranger and get rid of these nagging thoughts that had been attacking me since my eyes opened this morning.

A fluttering feeling of what I was declaring to be just nerves had doubled with every step, the dialogue I had relentlessly practiced repeatedly on the way to the convenience store had been thrown out the window as soon as it came in sight. I pulled up the hoodie trying to block my face from the world as I walked on in. I took a deep breath of encouragement as I stepped into the lonely store. His silhouette taunting me from outside the window throwing doubts my way as I fast paced into the candy isle. A lollipop hung from his mouth as he read a magazine.

“Welcome, let me know if you need help” his deep voice traveled throughout the small store shaking the daylights out of me, goosebumps traveled up my arm as my eyes found his.

I deviated my line of sight quickly hoping not to get recognized only to miserably fail as I saw him walking towards me, the magazine left abandoned at the counter. I turned to face him with a KitKat chocolate bar in hand.

His dark brown hair was silkier than I had remembered, the need to run my fingers through it had me cracking my knuckles nervously, the forgotten candy now laying on the floor.

The handsome stranger/soulmate bend down to pick it up before it was left abandoned. He looked into my eyes as he cautiously touched my arm pulling it towards him. He very slowly and carefully pulled up my sleeve revealing the mark in my palm as he placed the forgotten candy on it.

I looked towards his hand then, the dark 50 printed on his own reflecting my life intact and mesmerizing at the same time. A sigh of relief escaped my lips, the fear that had gathered in the pit of my stomach released with that lone deep breath.

“My name is Yoongi” he stated with a deep voice and a nervous bite of his lip.

“(Y/N)” I said trying to sound strong yet spilling out a small tremble at the end of my name.

Yoongi’s eyes traveled along my face making me self-conscious as I lowered down my hoodie allowing him to get the full image of what fate had put in his path. Yoongi looked at my palm once again and then back to his own. I could hear the gears turning in his head with the way his eyes traveled from my hand to his.

I stayed silent. I was unsure of what to say as I let my own eyes travel along his handsome features. I couldn’t help but compare Taehyung to Yoongi. They were both so different, yet they both had an unknown power over me. I had to look at the facts though. Taehyung had been slow to grow. Natural. Yoongi had been fast and unexpected. Fate/Fake.

Yoongi’s deep timbre brought me back to the present, “We need to talk”

I nodded reluctantly, “That we do”

 

 

“My mom is dying” Yoongi said breaking the silence that had been established from the moment he escorted me to a small break room placed in the back of the store.

Yoongi stood tall against the wooden worn-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter