6. The Past is our Present

The Fits and Misfits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. The Past is our Present

 

Joohyun sighed as she walked behind Eun Woo. It was unusual for her, even she wondered why is she caring so much about him. Perhaps it might be because he might be the first person to talk to her in school. She slowly walked behind me as they approached the junction of a small road.

Eun Woo crossed the road, it felt as if he wasn't paying attention that there was a car heading down the road towards him.

"Yah Cha Eun Woo!" Joohyun yelled as she ran and pulled him away.

"Are you crazy?" Joohyun yelled.

Eun Woo snapped out of his thoughts and came to realization of the car. "Oh.. I didn't see that. Sorry." Eun Woo said softly.

Joohyun looked at him worriedly. "Are you alright?" Joohyun asked.

"Yeah." Eun Woo said.

Joohyun nodded her head. She saw through him. It was all a lie but Eun Woo was just faking it. "By any chance... did you hear what Donghyun and Hanbin said?" Joohyun asked.

Eun Woo's eyes widened in shock as he turned and looked at Joohyun. "Wh-what? How did you know about that?" Eun Woo said.

"I'm just guessing. So it must be true then." Joohyun replied as she crossed her arms.

"You know what they said?" Eun Woo asked.

Joohyun looked at him and nodded her head slowly. She then scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, "Well I didn't mean to eavesdrop on them but they said some nasty things yesterday and when they came to the cafe I was working at." Joohyun explained.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to hide from you or anything.. I just don't know how to put it across to you." Joohyun said.

Eun Woo shook his head. "It's ok. I mean, I'll find out about it sooner or later anyway. I guess it's better to get hurt now then later after investing so much of my feelings into them." Eun Woo said.

"It's amazing, isn't it? You thought you were being yourself and all but everyone just seemed to think you're just annoying.. or attention-seeking?" Eun Woo said. "It's almost as if they hate me from the first sight." Eun Woo added on.

Joohyun sighed as she crossed her arms again. "You're right I guess. It's hard to make everyone like you... and even if you try to be nice to everyone, there'd always be people against you or just hate you for the simplest things. I guess it's just the way how the modern society works." Joohyun said.

"Is that why you're cold and just quiet?" Eun Woo asked.

Joohyun looked at him awkwardly and nodded her head. "You could say so too." She mumbled in reply.

"I guess there's a lot of things I don't really know about you then.. In fact, I don't think I even know myself well. Am I really trying to fit in with others by being all sociable and friendly to everyone... or am I genuinely who I am being like this? Do I even like it? It's frustrating.." Eun Woo said.

Joohyun nodded her head as she stopped infront of the doorstep of her home. "We've reached. I'll go inside first." Joohyun said.

Eun Woo nodded his head. Before he left, Joohyun turned back and called him. "Eun Woo." She said.

"Don't think too much about it. It's good that you realise these people are no longer worth your time. Focus on people that actually make you happier." Joohyun said before she turned and headed back inside her home.

Eun Woo smiled at her words as he watched her as she entered her home.

 

"Whose the guy outside? He's so good looking." Joohyun's mother asked.

Joohyun shrugged her shoulders as she shook her head. "He's just my friend." She replied.

"Friend? Oh that's good." Her mother commented.

"Aren't you going to work?" Joohyun asked.

Her mother nodded her head. "Yeah, I am right now, until I saw you with that handsome young man. What an eye candy... would be good that he could be your boyfriend or something." Her mother said.

"Yah, stop it. We're just friends." Joohyun said as she headed into her room in embarrassment.

She then got changed and headed to work.

 

Joohyun walked to work. Since it was just a stop away from home, the walk was still pleasant despite the scorching sun. She enjoyed small quiet walks like these to work, it made her think about many things and it allowed her to catch a breath of some fresh air especially after since school have started and things got more hectic with her school schedule and her part time job.

Joohyun was about to head inside the cafe before he saw Taehyung from afar. "Oh Taehyung.." She mumbled to herself before she realised he was pushing a middle-aged lady on a wheelchair.

"Wh.. is that his mother?" Joohyun mumbled to herself.

She watched them closely as he saw how sweet Taehyung was to his 'mother' (that Joohyun believed the middle-aged lady to be). Taehyung wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter