Chapter 1

In The Eyes Of A Murderer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

The Kind of Satisfaction That 

She Could Deprive Of 

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

“Five murder cases had occurred in a span of three months. Two months ago, Im Chaeyeon, Jeon Jin Yee, Kim Hare, all aged 34, were found dead in a ditch. They were each stabbed multiple times, with vulgar words written all over their body. The most shocking part was that their lips were cut off mercilessly. Not only those, their eyes were also gouged out. It was certainly a grisly sight. One month after Im Chaeyeon, Jeon Jin Yee, and Kim Hare’s gruesome deaths, Song Mi Rae, 16, was found lying dead in an abandoned playground. Her hair was cut off, her tongue was chipped, and she was speculated to be beaten to death. Recently, a corpse identified as Kim Jisung, aged 67; his body was found in a dead dog’s body. Specialists have concluded that the person behind all this had cut up Kim Jisung into tiny little pieces and fed him to a stray dog. Police had found his other remaining body parts distributed in plastic bowls and around the streets, waiting for strays to devour them.”

A witness showed up on camera, with her face blurred and voice distorted. “I was strolling around the park when my dog kept barking aggressively at a huge bowl of food. It was strange; my dog had always been very obedient, and I’ve never seen it this perturbed before. Its eyes were wide, ears flats, and it let out a vibrating growl. Then, a thought came to my mind; my dad used to be a police officer, and my dog had trained as a HRD dog to cope with investigations. Instantly, I was alarmed that something was definitely wrong with the bowl of food.” The victim shook her head, clearly troubled by what she had seen. “Despite being on a leash, it forcefully went towards it. My jaw dropped when it dug out a finger from the pile of meat. And so, I immediately called the police.”

The camera went back to the news reporter. “Unfortunately, the cause of his death was unable to be distinguished due to the body being cut into pieces.” The news reporter reported with a monotonous tone while staring deadpanned into the camera.

“We suspect that the first four victims were murdered by the same person, as these four had common points,” Pictures of the victims showed up on screen, as the reporter’s voice droned on. “As you can see, these victims had common points; they all had ‘JRJ’ cut into their wrists,” The reporter took a break to catch her breath. “As if she or he was trying to show off what she had done. However, due to the lack of clues, the murderer still remains unknown. About Kim Ji Sung, the police are trying very hard to find out who had done this to him.”

“Rosieee,” Jennie spoke in a sing-song manner, placing the dishes on the dining table at the same time. “It’s dinner time!”

“I’m coming!” said Rosé cheerily. Jennie stared at the television while trying to suppress her laughter. It was funny how the police said that they were investigating everything thoroughly, and yet after months – Jennie was still not captured yet.

Idiots.

A husky voice rang in her head. “I know, right?” Jennie let out a deep chuckle. “ing idiots.”

“Who are you talking to?” Jennie felt a tug at the hem of her shirt. Rosé looked up with glossy eyes at Jennie; curious about whom she had been having a conversation with.

Jennie snapped out of it once she saw Rosé. “Oh… It’s nothing.”

Dinner was unusually quiet. The atmosphere was cold and tensed. Seeing that Rosé was abnormally silent and was poking her food with her fork, Jennie decided to break the ice. “Did my Rosie Posie have a bad day?” Jennie joked around, pinching Rose’s cheeks. Rosé slightly pouted. Judging from that, she definitely had a bad day. Rosé stared at Jennie with big doe eyes, glistening with tears. “I… I…” She stuttered as her eyes darted left and right.

Seeing that Rosé was about to cry buckets of tears, Jennie immediately went towards her and held her in her arms, whispering in the softest voice possible. “What happened, baby? Are you alright?”

“Song... Song Mi Rae… She’s gone…” Rosé whimpered, with her head buried into Jennie’s chest. “She’s dead…”

Isn’t that great? She’d always bully Rosé. That deserved to die.

Jennie nodded in agreement. “Mi Rae had always been bullying you, Rosie. Are you not happy she’s dead?”

Rosé stunned at Jennie’s statement, but didn't think much of it. “As much as I dislike her actions, she didn’t deserve to die…” Her eyes were filled to the brim with tears. “She could’ve turned over a new leaf, but that chance got taken away from her…”

Good ol’ Rosie Posie, she’s too pure for this world.

“I feel bad for Mi Rae, too.” Jennie faked the sympathy she had for Mi Rae. "We could visit her grave sometime.”

Rosé trembled, “Okay...” This resulted in Jennie having a huge smile on her face. “Everything's going to be alright, Rosie.”

-

“HAHAHAHA” Jennie’s hysterical laughter woke Rosé up from her deep slumber. Rose looked at her alarm clock; it was 3 in the morning. What was Jennie laughing about at this time in the morning? Bewildered, Rosé headed to the living room to see what the commotion all about was. “Unnie?” Her voice croaked. “What are you doing?” Before Rosé could see what Jennie was watching on television, Jennie rapidly switched off the television upon seeing Rosé’s appearance. Jennie let out a nervous laugh. “Oh, I’m just watching a comedy show,” She then proceeded to wipe tiny tears formed in her eyes. “Wew, it got me all cracked up, haha. Don’t worry about me; I’m hitting the sack soon.”

Not wanting to lose the feeling of sleepiness, Rosé gave a perfunctory nod and went back to bed.

Jennie let out a breath of relief as soon as Rosé was out of sight.

Thank God she didn’t find out anything. Be more careful when you’re watching these.

The voice in her head growled at Jennie's carelessness.

“I will.” Jennie obeyed.

Jennie took out the videotape from the player while letting out a yawn. “Enough videos for today.”

A deep voice in her head rang, You’ve been watching those over and over again, isn’t it time to get new ones?

Jennie shook her head, “No, these are pretty much all of the people that offended me.”

Typical Jennie. Always being a coward.

“I’m not a coward!”She argued back. “No one else other than them offended me, so there’s no reason in murdering someone else.”

Do you even need a reason to?

Jennie sighed, speechless. “You need to stop. It’s all over now.”

Or is it?

“Just… shut up.”
 

Just like that, the voice stopped replying and all that was left was just silence.

-

“It’s been months since the murders came about but the murderer’s not captured yet. THREE MONTHS!” Jisoo was simmering with anger. “What are you losers even doing?! I could solve a case in a week.”

Her teammates groaned in frustration. Everyone was wordle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter