Chapter 3

Only One Girl

Dahyun walked to her locker and got her schedule then got out books for her next class. Mr. Dae.

.

She looked around, waiting for school to start. She assumed that people were already in the building so she went to her first class.

More kids came in, the bell rang and more late kids filed in the classroom. Mr. Dae scolded them saying that "We count tardies on next week on Tuesday".

"OK class, senior year, you made it. Before we go over procedures, at 8:20 we have a procedure assembly. And we have 2 new students joining our school. First, uh-uh Ch-chu."

"Chou," a girl said.

"Yes," continued Mr. Dae. "Chou Tzuyu, and Kim Dahyun," He motioned towards them. "Come on, up here in front of the class," They walked on opposite isles of desks. "Introduce yourselves, again," The class giggled and he smiled.

"Hi, I'm Dahyun, I'm from, Seongnam-"

"You single?" A boy asked. The class laughed. It didn't help that Mr. Dae did too, he bit his lip in interest. Dahyun hid her blush so well.

"Um, yes-" She began. Boys whistled and howled. Chou Tzuyu laughed too. "Um, I moved here in July and, yeah," She looked down.

"I'm Tzuyu, I'm from Taiwan and before moving to Korea, I took 4 years of Korean classes."

"Thank you, and like every year of school, seating chart," People groaned and pouted. "Lee Taehyun, back left corner, Son Kyungah in front of Taehyun.

Next to Kyungah, Chou Tzuyu. 

Next to Tzuyu, Kim Dahyun.

Next to Kim Dahyun, Im Nayeon.

Behind Tzuyu, Minyeon.

He kept going until the chairs were filled up. 

"Nayeon, you'll help Dahyun and especially Tzuyu."

Nayeon turned to Dahyun and Tzuyu.

"Nayeon," she held out her hand. Tzuyu took it first, then Dahyun. "The bell will ring in a couple minutes but in the mean time, if we don't go but get back in the classroom before them, no one will notice."

"First day of school and you want to skip?" Dahyun stared at her. She smiled when Nayeon smiled. "You got a boyfriend Tzuyu?" She shook her head.

"We broke it off at the airport, plus, he cheated on me, with a guy. And that guy was way hotter then Ya-wen too. I mean I get it. If that guy was straight, I'd cheat too."

Nayeon and Dahyun laughed, Tzuyu laughed along.

Over the intercom the principal announced the assembly.

"Let's go," Said Nayeon.

They walked out with the class but disbanded into the staff room. There was food and chips, so many chips.There was one small luch table in the middle. Tzuyu sat across from Dahyun.

"Mr. Go always brings tteokbokki," Nayeon said. She went into the fridge and brought out one tupperware full of food.

"Tteokbokki, and, McDonalds it looks like." She put the three McDonalds sandwiches in the microwave. It beeped and then she put the tteokbokki in.

It came out cheesy and reddish orange. 

"My mouth is watering," Said Tzuyu. 

"Me too," Nayeon agreed. She sat to the right of Dahyun.

She slid over two burgers to Tzuyu and Dahyun and they randomly picked one. She put the tupperware that was filled to the brim with spicy, cheesy rice cakes in the middle.

She was glad she didn't eat in the morning. Myungsoo would be proud.

"So," Dahyun said getting chopsticks from the drawer. "You have a boyfriend Nayeon?"

"No," she said. "I'm gay." 

"Oh." Tzuyu said with with burger in . 

Dahyun reached forward with her chopsticks and picked up her spare bowl. "You got a girlfriend?" She asked before stuffing her face with rice cakes.

"No, I came out in April. You gay?" She asked Dahyun. 

"Haven't thought about it, yet."

"I might be," Said Tzuyu.

"They might be coming back soon let's hurry up and eat, Nayeon said excited.

"This is so good," Dahyun moaned. "Since my dad died last year, we haven't had any tteokbokki," Tzuyu and Nayeon went quiet. Dahyun blinked and looked down. "Sorry, didn't mean to make it awkward."

"It's not your fault," Tzuyu reached over and grabbed her hand, but after seeing Nayeon's expression ahe let go."

"He ran a tteokbokki shop and would make some for us every so often. Myungsoo didn't like the spice and I didn't like the cheese. He'd go to the trouble to boil three different pots," Dahyun let a silent tear slip. Now, me and Myungsoo don't mind have the spice and cheese together.

They didn't notice how Tzuyu and Dahyun's legs were tangled or how Nayeon rubbed her thigh.