Chapter 2

Hurt

“Yu-yujinnie?”

 

“Wh-what are you doing here?

 

“I miss you” 

 

 

“O-okay.”

 

 

“I’m so angry right now. I feel a lot of things but I’m too tired. I just want to sleep like this, okay?”

 

 

After a little while, Wonyoung still can’t sleep. Maybe because she’s sorry to Yujin for ignoring Yujin’s calls or maybe because of the hand that’s wrapped protectively around her and Yujin’s face so close to her, breath fanning her ears.

 

 

“I’m sorry unnie. I was having hard time. I can’t seem to get over it. But I’ll be fine soon I promise.”

 

 

She held Yujin’s hand as she whispered to those words.

 

But then slowly, Yujin opened her eyes. Her eyes that looked so tired. Yujin never looked like this before. She’s always the bubbly and smiley Yujin. 

 

Yujin spoke,

 

“Did you really think you were the only one having a hard time accepting everything? And with you ignoring me was adding to the pain I was holding.”

 

 

Hearing those words from Yujin, Wonyoung yanked Yujin’s grip from her and sat up . 

 

 

“Unnie, stop it. You are just trying to sympathise with me to make me feel better. But you don’t understand. You will never understand how I feel. Your degree of pain is far far less compared to what I am feeling. So stop it. All of you.”

 

 

Yujin slowly sat up. It was hard for Wonyoung to see her Unnie’s face since Yujin’s head was facing down.

 

 

Then moments later, Yujin looked up. There was something glistening rolling down her face. Wonyoung was surprised. Yujin was crying. 

 

 

“Haven’t you even considered thinking about how I feel as well?”

 

 

Yujin spoke in a hoarse and quiet voice that Wonyoung barely even heard it.

 

 

“I feel so alone without you. And thinking about how you are in so much pain just drives me crazy.”

 

 

Then Yujin sobbed. So much. 

 

 

Wonyoung stayed mum. After a while, Yujin spoke again,

 

 

“I didn’t know you were like this. I’ll just be sleeping in the guest room. Your morm gave me keys. Goodnight.”