Chapter 1

Hurt

*knock knock knock

 

“Wonyoungi, my baby. I’m off to work now. Please, take care of yourself honey. Go out and meet your friends. Your friends said they miss you. I left you money in the table. There’s food also. Call me if you need anything. I love you.”

 

“Kay Mom.”

 

 

It has been days since the announcement of the final 12 members of the P48 group and Wonyoung wasn’t able to make it to the top 12. 

 

People were wondering why she was in 13 when she was just first in the second ranking announcement. 

 

She felt so down and depressed that she locked herself in her room for days. Her friends have been trying to contact her but she rejected them all. 

 

Her mom was worried sick about her so down. It hurts her seeing her daughter gloomy. It’s so hard to remember when was the last time she has seen her baby smile with her cute eyes and cheeks so fluffy.

 

~~

 

“2, 3, 4! Alright. Good job girls! That’s it for today!” 

 

“Kamsahamnida!” 

 

The 12 girls answered the choreographer in chorus. They have been practicing for days for their upcoming debut. They are excited but it’s also tiring.

 

“Ya Jo Yuri! What are you going to do this weekend? I’m going home to my parents. Wanna come with me?” 

 

Yena said as she wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck smiling from ear to ear acting so cute.

 

“Ya, Yena. It’s too early to let Yuri meet your parents for marriage.”

 

Yunjin interrupted their moment. 

 

“Ha ha. Ya. What are you talking about. Maybe you wanna come with us?”

 

“No thanks I’m going to sleep the whole weekend starting tonight cause my whole body’s so sore from practicing. Enjoy your stay there Yuri.”

 

Yunjin then exited the practice room  after bidding goodbye to the other members.

 

It’s weekend and they have it for themselves. Other members are going home and others are just going to stay in their dorm to sleep.

 

As the members go out one by one, one member was still there in the practice room staring at the mirror. At her reflection. She’s so bubbly when the other members are around but deep inside she’s hurt and sad.

 

Ahn Yujin has been contacting Wonyoung for God knows how many times but she failed. The last time she saw her was on the announcement. It was so heartbreaking seeing her friend try to act like she’s okay. Trying to stop her tears from coming out. Trying to pretend that everything is fine and that she’s happy the way it is.

 

No! If Wonyoung thinks it’s fine, Yujin was certainly not fine with it. She has been so sad about it That she’s sobbed so much. She misses Wonyoung. She’s so hurt that Wonyoung seemed to forget about her. Luckily, all other members have gone out and she’s the only one left in the practice room.

 

Her sobbing stopped when her phone rang. It was just a text notification. Noticing the time, she realised that she sobbed for hours seeing that it’s 9pm already. 

 

She then realised something. It hit her. She hurriedly gathered her things and fixed herself and went on running out of the room and the building.

 

~~

 

Her feet brought her to somewhere she’’s been a lot of times. After knocking a few times a mid-thirty looking woman opened the door. As soon as she saw Yujin, she hugged her. 

 

“Oh Dear, how are you. You seem to not look well, but I missed you.”

 

“Eommoni, Annyeonhaseyo. Sorry for the sudden intrusion. Can I stay here for the weekend if you don’t mind?” 

 

It turned out that the woman was actually heading out for a weekend seminar just in time Yujin arrived. 

 

~~

 

Yujin is looking at a sleeping figure. She sat at the edge of the bed looking at Wonyoung. Wonyoung looked like she has been crying for eternity. Her eyes swollen. Dark circles are visible. She has lost some weight but nevertheless she still looked beautiful. Yujin missed her. Definitely. 

 

Yujin carefully slip into the covers and laid beside Wonyoung careful not wake her. Wonyoung was laying opposite Yujin. Yujin hugged her as she held Wonyoung’s hand. 

 

She missed her so much. So much that she started to sob once again. Her tears started to flow. It pained her. It pained her so much seeing Wonyoung in this state. It pained her that Wonyoung doesn’t even want Yujin to comfort her. It pained her that Wonyoung might think that she doesn’t need Yujin. 

 

“Hmmm”

 

Wonyoung started to stir. Yujin froze. Her hand still held Wonyoung’s. 

 

Wonyoung turned facing Yujin. Now Yujin has all the moment to look more carefully at Wonyoung. 

 

Wonyoung suddenly opened her eyes.

 

 

 

“Yu-yujinnie?”