1998

143 Since Then

One sunny afternoon in Rockville where people were busy doing their own business, you can see different people distributing some flyers, children running around, costumers arguing, the smile plaster on the people greeting each other in the street, you can hear birds chirping and dogs with their owners having a small walk in the town.

But these young women with a little girl with her were very known in their town because of her daughter love of music whenever they go to the market the little girl always ask her mother if she can sing in front to the owner of the shop where her mother usually go to buy some vegetables and fruits, that with this they can get some discount.

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Son, great timing, fresh vegetables and fruits just arrived this afternoon!" Said by this old man around 40's seems like you can tell he had been working all day because of his tired eyes but still manage to greet Mrs. Son brightly.

"Oh good afternoon! Mr. Will! That is so nice to hear my little girl keep asking me all day to buy some fresh peaches from you!."

"Awe Wendy! Of course I ordered plenty of peaches just for our little princess" as Mr. Will bent down same level as Wendy.

"Weally Mister Will? Yay!" As the child jump up and down and dancing happily which made Mr. Will and her mother laugh.

"Haha okay sweetheart its alright, lets go we need to buy some flour from Mrs. Kim, Than- - " she suppose to say something but Wendy have something to say.

"Mommy can I sing for Mr.Will? His all time favowite song?" She pull her mother closer to her and whisper something "So that we can get some discount?" Her mother just smile to the idea of her daughter, but she knows her daughter just really want to sing.

"Aw Wendy sure you can! You don't have to sing just to get some discount cause giving it to my all time favourite costumer but anyway Ill listen sweetheart cause its mah favorite song!"

Seems like Mr.Will overheard their conversation he decided to listen once again to his favourite song as the adorable Wendy sang the song for him. This is not the first time he will listen to it, ever since Mrs.Son bought some vegetables and fruits from him, Wendy will sing his favourite song all the time and the kid never gets tired of it.

"Awe darling it never gets old how did you manage to memorised that song Wendy?"

"My mommy and daddy usually play that song at home!"

"Haha now sweetheart, lets go your unnie waiting at home, Thank you Mr.Will! We"ll see you around!" Mr. Will wave his hands to the two with the smile on his face, as the mother and daughter heading to the other stores.

Wendy loves to walk around in the town with her mother especially the shopping part, cause she knew they always past by on that music store slash music school that she really wanted to visit. Every time they pass by to that music store Wendy's eyes sparkling through the different music instruments. Her mother always told her that they can visit the store after Mrs. Kim stall but seems like Wendy's mother forget to pass by with that music store every time. But right now Wendy couldn't help it as she heard a playing flute coming from the store, when her mother still busy with Mrs. Kim, Wendy manage to run to the store not so far from Mrs. Kim stall. Without her mother knowing.

"Where is that coming fwom?" When Wendy already front of the store she immediately push the door with all her strength she's just a three year old but her strength is not a joke.The store surrounds with the melody coming from the flute. Her eyes checking out the store she couldn't express her feeling that finally she got to touched the instruments that before she only witness it from a far.After admiring all of those, her attention turned to the young boy playing the flute over the counter, she immediately approach the boy with her chubby little feet she manage to run excitedly towards the counter.

The 9 year old boy stops playing as she saw the little girl want to seat to that piano chair. The boy leave the counter and help the little girl to that piano chair.

"Ohh Thank you" Wendy said with a smile on her face revealing her missing tooth in her upper teeth in between.

"What are you doing here little girl? Where is your mom?"

"I heard you playing the flute! Wow your so amazing! You know I always wanted to play flute but my mom always forgot to visit your store so I come alone here" Wendy was born friendly and talkative she is really good in communicating people her mother always told her not to talk with stranger but Wendy sometimes follow it sometimes not.

"What? You came here alone? Its not good for a three year old to come alone here where is your mom? She might be worry right now come on Ill bring you to her"

"No! Shes just in Mrs. Kim stall its not that far away here, Oppa! Play the flute play the flute! Pweaasee.." Wendy's charm is different you can never say no with this kid.

"Alright but after this I'll bring you back to your mom its getting darker" the boy plays the flute and Wendy just feeling the melody inside her as she stand and do her dancing again same as she did when shes excited or happy.

"Haha okay were done here, ill bring you back to your mom"

"Ow can you play more? Pwease?"

"Next time, if I got to see u with your mom but promise me first you never do that again that you came all the way here without your mom's permission."

"Yes I pwomise" the two did the famous promise sign to each other.

"Eric? Eric? Where are you lets go home son, Ill just close the store" an old man approach them probably its the little boy's father, he is bit fluster as she saw wendy sitting in the piano chair.

"Oh Wendy? Honey what are you doing at this hour? Where is your mom?

"Oh Annyeonghaesayo Mr. Nam!" Wendy took a bow and hug Mr. Nam tightly. The old man stumble a little bit and chuckle from the little girl action.

"Ow wendy careful haha , wait your mom might be worrying right now ill take you to her"

"Yes I suppose to father she come all alone here and keep insisting me to play the flute haha"

"Haha you really like your mom wendy for her music is everything"

"You know them dad?"

"Yes Eric, her mother was my bestfriend and classmate on music school way back in Korea, I always forgot to introduce you to them maybe now, so come on lets go!" Wendy just giggle from the conversation of Eric and Mr. Nam.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"Goodness sweetheart where have you been? I almost call the police I've been dying to find you please Wendy don't do that again!" Her mother tightly hug and carry her.

"Iam sowy mommy I will not do it again"

"Hyori! Its been a long time" Mr. Nam said to his long time friend.

"Oh my ghad Derick! How are you? Its been forever! Iam glad to see you here! Thank you so much for bringing wendy back, Iam sorry I always forgot to visit your music store trust me Iam planning to but my kid couldnt get it enough haha"

"No problem Ri, its okay I understand how busy you are, oh this is Eric my son"

"Oh is this the kid that I carried before? He grew up already!"

"Annyeonghesayo! Mrs. Son nice to meet you!" As the young boy bow down to show respect.

"Oh mommy! He is so good pwaying the flute mommy I wanna learn also to play the flute!"

"Oh Hyori you can enroll wendy in our music school during summer plus ill give you guys discount since were family friend hows that hyori?"

"Please mommy! Please mommy! I wanna be like Oppa Eric playing the flute and other instruments that would be so cool!"

"Alright alright but promise me wendy you'll behave whenever your in Mr. Nam school okay?"

"Yes mommy! I pwomise! Yay Oppa Ill be just good as you!"

"I bet you'll be better than me Wendy" eric said with full of smile to the little girl.

"Okay, well go ahead Derick please send me regards to your wife and sometime we can have a family dinner together"

"Oh That would be good, see you guys arround!"

"Bye Eric oppa!!"

"Bye Wendy!!"

And from that day Wendy started to take lessons from Mr. Nam music school during weekend plus she can hang out with her friend who also love music same as she do.