Don't Leave Me

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Author's Note: Hello again! So here is part 2 of 2! Grab your tissues and hold on tight, cause this is gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions!!! (Or maybe it's just me cause you know...those who know me they are already aware of my unmended love for this gorgeous man, one of the greatest creations of our Lawd above T^T ok, I'll stop ._. go read! Enjoy!      "I want to capture the image of you Walking to me, hundreds of times a day How did I become like this? You're the one Who makes my empty heart breathe."

I stood there watching her leave my apartment as the words she said kept repeating themselves in my head...I think I am falling in love with you...you only see me as nothing more than a friend...the pressure of our differences...our jobs...your fans...I really couldn't care less about any of these things...

And now the feelings you were having were all over the place: surprised, sadness, hurt, confused, hopeless. All of them so different but the one that was really stood up and was bothering me, was anger. And I really didn't like it. It was a bad feeling. I was sincerely so angry at myself. I really didn't know what to do. I hurt my best friend. Yes, I was certain about that...at least...she was the bestest friend I've ever had. We understoof each other. She saw right through me...she had a way of ripping all my layers. I was amazed by her. I truly was...I wanted to go look find her, but first...I knew I needed to talk to three-certain people. So, I quickly grabbed my wallet, cellphone and keys. 

Driving to my parents house didn't take too long, about ten minutes or less before I was already at their doorstep. I looked for the keys to my parents' house and silently walked inside. "Eomma! Appa! Are you guys home?!" I called out at them. "Siwon?! Yes, we're in the kitchen!" I walked to the kitchen to find my mother pouring some tea for my father and Jiwon. "You came just in time. Want some tea?" my mother said as she was already pouring a cup for me as I sat on the kitchen counter next to Jiwon. "Hey, where is your friend?" Jiwon asked when she noticed I came here alone. "Yeah, where is she? Didn't she agree to stay over at your apartment?" my father asked curiously. "I...she..." I found myself tongue-tied. I didn't know where to begin.

But my parents and my sister were already on it. Very observant people. "Omo! Did she perhaps heard us?!" my sister exclaimed as she covered with both hands. "I think...she did..." I confessed. "Speaking about that. I never really did finished what I was going to say..." you father looked at you. "You didn't?!" "No, I was about to continue but your friend decided at that time to walked back inside...now I understand why that happened..." he took a sip of his tea. "I hope that whatever you wanted to tell him was exactly what I was going to tell him. Been married to you for all these years, I bet you were thinking the same as me..." you mother sat on the bar stool on your right side. Now you were really confused as you stare at them, waiting for you father to speak.

"About what you said...about marrying a korean woman because it wouldn't cause us a burden with all the cultural differences and all...I did say that it would be lovely to have a daughter-in-law that would speak the same language and was brought up as we are accustomed. I mean, I get where you're going with this, with your mother been a diplomat and all. Yes, our culture is very important to us...but do you know what's more important to us?" I stared at my father, waiting for him to finish. "Your happiness..." I suddely felt warm inside as I saw both my parents look at me with such love..."Your happiness is all that matters to us in the end..."

"If marrying a korean woman would make you happy, then fine. But if you love and want to marry a foreigner, then you have our full support. Especially if it is this girl...I mean, I will say it to you again, you might've look at the with admiration, but I there was more than just that. I am telling you, because I have seen that look before...is the same look you father would give me while we were dating." my mother giggled at the memory. "Hey now, I still look at you that way!" my father protests. "I know, yeobo. I'm just saying." mom puts her hand on top of father's and my dad does a little heart with his thumb and forefinger. Jiwon rolls her eyes but says nothing out of respect. "Oppa, if you just pushed her away with saying those things...you need to fix it...and quick..."

"But, the thing is...I really don't see her that way!" I was still confuse. Why were they seeing something that I wasn't seeing? "Are you serious right now?! Oppa, you don't just like that girl. You love her! And I am breaking my head here from trying to find a reason for your behaviour!" "Jiwon, I think we know what is wrong. He is scared." my father said while putting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm...scared?" I was still confused. "Come on, you can figure this one out. Maybe what happened today might give you a clue?" I thought about it while Jiwon stared at me.

"Well, she said that she thought she was falling in love with me--"

"Ha! I knew she was! But carry on!" Jiwon put a fist in the air.

"But then, she said I deserved better...that we had differences that would never make it work...like our jobs and me being famous and all..."

"Okay? And...do you agree with her?" my father asked. "I kinda do. I mean, we really are from different worlds, not just cultural but also my job takes most of my time and you know how much of a workaholic I am. Then there is the fans that might harm her and I would be very upset if that happens..." 

My parents stared at each other again. "Why are you looking at each other like that again? Don't pretend I didn't see it when we were at the restaurant. You both looked at each other the same way!" I pointed an accusing finger at them both, but when I realized what I was doing, I let it drop. "Sorry..." I lowered my head. "It's allright, son. We are staring at each other like that 'cause you both are so much alike. You are putting your own obstacles just so that you can protect the other person. In other words, you are both been selfless and that,son...can only mean one thing..." my father gave me a knowing look. Suddenly, my chest felt tight and I couldn't breath properly. 

"Son, tell us when you think it happened?" my mother smiled at me.

"When I think what happened?"

"When you think you started falling in love with her, of course!"

"But I didn't know Your smallest disappointments or sadness Forgive me, forgive me baby We're locking eyes today And I have something to tell you."

It was raining heavily in Zimbabwe, but this was good since it had been months since they last saw a drop of rain. I couldn't stop thanking God for the blessing that was giving us today and I was part of it along with a few other advocates and employees from UNICEF. As I was running from building to building at the school we were doing the commercial, out of the corner of my eyes, I saw someone stading in the middle of the rain.

I thought I was seeing things but I turned around and looked at the same spot again and sure enough...there she was...her gray dress dripping wet but she didn't care. She extended her arms to the sky, feeling the drops of rain run over them. She lifted her head to the sky also, and closed her eyes...suddenly, I heard her say something...no...not say...she was singing something, but I could not make up the words since I think they were in another language. Probably, her native language: Spanish.

 

Llueve~ ven y llueve sobre mi~

Lueve~ ven y llueve sobre mi~

 

Her voice was really something else. I am not sure what the lyrics to the song she was singing to meant, but just the way she delivered them, was enough to feel at peace. Then, I saw she lowered her arms and opened her eyes. She curved her hands and pressed them together so she could gather the raindrops in them. Once she had enough rain in them, she drank the water from her hands and then she turned a little and I could see her face...

She had the brightess smile as she looked up at the sky, and I knew then exactly what she was doing...and I was completely mesmerized by her...she looked so beautiful like this. Her hair was finally down...I have only seen her hair tighted in a bun...her soft curls cascading down to the middle of her back. And then, she started to move. She was dancing...in the rain...and I suddenly felt like I was in my own drama or movie.

I couldn't help myself, I had to see her closer. Unconciously, I started walking to her...trying not to interrupt her 'rain dance'. I smiled to myself. She looked so pure...so innocent...yet at the same time, so captivating and y. I was really having a hard time from making my heart stop beating as fast as it was. Why am I being like this?! Without looking at me, she knew someone was coming her way. "Hello there" she greeted me as she now turned around and gave me one of her grins. It was then that I took the courage for the first time to actually touch her...well, not touch her exactly but like touch a part of her.

I took a strand of her hair and rest it on my palm as I looked at it intensely. "You know...maybe you should leave your hair down like this more often...it's like I'm meeting another you." I winked at her teasingly. She laughed heartily. "I get that a lot. This is not the first nor it will be the last time I hear that." "Then, you should take the advice." "And ruin the element of surprise? No, thank you! It's good to make myself look different every now and then or else I'll become dull and boring to men."

"Even if you stayed with your hair in a bun for a hundred years, I don't think I could ever consider you dull and boring..."

She looked at me with something that I couldn't figure out but then she smiled and I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Thank you."

 

"I wish this was a dream, if this is a dream, stop right there Don't leave me, don't leave me I call out to you even in my sleep, I'm still hurting Don't leave me, don't leave me."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter