One for the Road

Summer of 2018

Song

 

Note: I'm aware Taeyang is older I just,, I didn't have the internet to check when I was writing this and also it's a bit unedited so just. Yeah. I may fix that one day.

___

Seungri was regretting sitting in the middle. He’d tried to argue against it, but neither Daesung nor Taeyang wanted to give up their window seats.

“You’re the youngest,” Taeyang had said.

“You’re the shortest,” Seungri had pointed out.

Taeyang had smacked the back of his head and that was the end of the argument.

Now he was stuck with Taeyang and Daesung sleeping on each of his shoulders, not amused at all.

He was looking to Jiyong and Seunghyun with envy. They had all the space in the world. Seunghyun was at the wheel and Jiyong was next to him with his legs up on the dashboard.

“Can I drive next?” Seungri asked.

“No,” Seunghyun and Jiyong said in unison.

“I ing hate you.”

Jiyong turned and glanced at Seungri over the rim of his sunglasses. He smiled at the sight. “Oh that’s adorable.”

He started to take out his phone and Seungri panicked. “If you take a picture I swear I’ll—”

But it was too late. The picture was already taken.

“You are dead when we stop somewhere.”

Jiyong flashed a bright smile and turned back around. The threat didn’t seem to have scared him. He just turned up the music.

Seungri groaned loudly.

“Are you ever quiet?” A mumble came from Seungri's left.

“Hardly,” he said.

Taeyang glared at Seungri then closed his eyes again.

“Hey, if you’re awake you should get off of me.”

Taeyang hissed and sat up straight, rubbing his eyes. “Next time I’m sitting in the front.”

“I think the not,” Jiyong said.

“You are the smallest of us, you should be sitting in the middle,” Seungri said.

“Yes, but consider: I don’t want to.”

Seungri and Taeyang exchanged looks.

“We’ll get him together?”

Taeyang nodded.

“Oh, no, I have the wrath of dongsaengs upon me!” Jiyong whined dramatically.

“You have no idea,” Seungri said and pulled Jiyong's hair from behind. This actually made him jump up and squeal.

Taeyang and Seungri burst out laughing.

“Hyung!” Jiyong whined. “Tell them!”

“Tell them what?” Seunghyun asked.

“Not to be s!”

“Jiyongie, nothing can stop them from being s. At this point no one has any authority over any of them.” As Seunghyun said this, he reached behind to ruffle Seungri’s hair. “Our baby’s all grown up.”

“Hands on the wheel!” Seungri said while pushing Seunghyun away.

The older threw a glance back at Seungri, smiling like he was about to crash them all into an oncoming truck, but he turned back and kept driving more or less responsibly.

All the commotion ended up waking Daesung up, though he still didn’t leave Seungri’s shoulder. Daesung slipped his arms around Seungri’s waist and nuzzled into him.

“Seungriah.. If you go to sit in the front you won’t be next to me,” he muttered sleepily.

Seungri had to admit, at least to himself, that Daesung was the one hyung he could accept affection from. He cradled Daesung's head, pressing closer to him.

“I am disowning all of you except for Daesung-hyung,” Seungri announced. “He’s the only one who loves me.”

Daesung’s lips curled into a satisfied smile. He kissed Seungri’s cheek and squish-hugged him.

“... Ew,” Jiyong remarked, looking at the scene in the rear view mirror.

“You can’t disown us, we can only disown you,” Taeyang added. He had raised his legs on the seat beside him, since Daesung and Seungri were cuddling in the corner.

Seungri didn’t even mind. Daesung was much more comfy than the nasty middle seat.

“I’m a legal adult I can disown you if I want to,” Seungri said, narrowing his eyes at Taeyang.

“But you wouldn’t do that,” Seunghyun said. “Because deep down you do love us and you know it.”

Seungri attempted to kick Seunghyun from where he was being cuddled by Daesung, but it was too far.

Daesung was unbothered by the entire discussion. He had gotten his love confession and didn’t care about anything else. He just rested his chin on top ofS eungri’s head, played with the younger’s hair and looked out the window.

Jiyong stretched and let out a moan-like noise. He twisted in his seat, and curled up in such an impossible way, as if he was a contortionist. Sitting that way had to be very dangerous. He reached over and turned up the music once again.

“I vote the one who sits in the middle had DJ-ing privileges,” Seungri said.

Taeyang kicked his thigh, “You’re just bitter.”

“Of course I am! It’s the most uncomfortable spot with the least space in the car, there should be at least something good about sitting here.” As he spoke, Seungri was attempting to return the kick. This stirred Daesung.

He hugged Seungri tighter. “Calm down,” he said softy. “Your privilege is my cuddles.”

After this Seungri couldn’t pretend to be pissed anymore. It was true, Daesung’s hugs were the best. He was like a huge teddy bear.

Seungri wiggled around to face him and said, “You’re right, you are an angel and I love you.” Then he gave Daesung a quick peck on the lips.

“I did not consent to witnessing your ography,” Taeyang said, frowning at the two who were right in front of him.

Seungri smiled like the little he was and nuzzled his face in the crook of Daesung’s neck. “You’re just bitter because you’re not getting any cuddles.” Then, just to be an , Seungri pressed a few kisses to Daesung’s jaw.

“Ew,” Jiyong said again. He had twisted in such a way that his head was rested on the armrest in between the two front seats. He was looking at the two youngest ones with distaste.

“You’re both jealous,” Seungri said and stuck out his tongue. “You get the front seat, you get no kisses.”

“Maybe I don’t want any kisses,” Jiyong huffed.

“That’s a lie and you know it,” Seunghyun said.

Jiyong frowned. “Don’t try to expose me. I don’t want any.”

“For what is worth, I’d like to give you kisses and hugs,” Daesung said, trying to stop Seungri from kissing his neck again. Not that Daesung minded, he just didn’t want to be a participant in Seungri’s show. “But I’m trapped. Can’t reach either of you.”

Taeyang reached out. Daesung freed his hand and took Taeyang’s behind Seungri’s back.

Seungri pulled away. “You traitor!”

Daesung pouted sadly, but didn’t let go of Taeyang’s hand. “I love you both.”

“No, I am utterly disgusted. In fact, let’s switch places so you can hug him,” Seungri said, narrowing his eyes at Daesung and Taeyang’s intertwined hands.

Daesung looked across at Taeyang. “Maknae sandwich?”

Taeyang nodded. “Maknae sandwich.”

“NO!” Seungri screamed, but it was too late. The two were already hugging him. “I hate all of you! Get off!”

“You said you loved me,” Daesung reminded and gave a small, sad pout.

“...Yes, but you betrayed me twice now.”

“Stop wiggling,” Taeyang said, trying to hold Seungri down.

“I can’t breathe!” Seungri cried.

“I am so glad I’m not a part of this,” Jiyong said and sat up normally so that he wouldn’t have to witness the mess in the back.

 

Seungri did not manage to escape the sandwich. He spent the next couple of hours resting his head on Taeyang’s chest, with Daesung on top of him, his headr restedbetween Seungri’s shoulder blades.

Ultimately, however, it wasn’t so bad. All three of them slept soundly.

They woke up when Seunghyun pulled over at a gas station.

“Break time, wake up,” Seunghyun said, nudging them awake.

Seungri found himself tightening his grip on the back of Taeyang’s shirt. “ you,” he muttered.

“Okay then, Jiyongie and I are going to have a drink by ourselves.”

None of them responded.

“I’m going to hyung off in the bathroom.”

This is the comment that stirred them from their daze.

 no!” Taeyang protested.

“And you called us gross?” Seungri looked at Jiyong in disgust.

“If you’re giving s I’m next,” Daesung said, rubbing his eyes with his fists.

Everyone stared at him.

“What...?”

“We can work something out,” Jiyong said and got out of the car.

“I hate this family,” Seungri muttered while waiting for Daesung to drag himself out so that he could get out as well.

Jiyong went over to Seunghyun and wrapped his arms around the older’s neck, then let himself hang.

“Hyung... Find us something to eat, please?”

“What the am I to you, a butler?” Seunghyun asked with a frown. He tried to push Jiyong away, taking him by the hips, but Jiyong only glued himself to Seunghyun fully. 

Pleeeeeeeease!”

Watching this, Seungri said, “I don’t even feel like the maknae when he does this...”

Seunghyun looked to Taeyang. “Go with me? We gotta feed the kids...”

Taeyang sighed and walked over. “Let’s go...”

“Buy some alcohol!” Seungri yelled after the two.

Jiyong smacked him up the head.

“What!? You would have said the same thing!”

“Yes, but I can say that!” Jiyong argued.

“Hyung you make no sense.”

Jiyong shrugged and sat on the hood of the car. He took out a pack of cigarettes and his lighter. Seungri and Daesung went to sit beside him. Seungri rested his chin on Jiyong’s shoulder and parted his lips.

Jiyong glared at him after breathing out a cloud of smoke. “The do you want?”

“Share!” Seungri whined.

“No,” Jiyong said and put the cigarette back between his lips.

“Come on! Mine are in the car, don’t be a !”

“Get away from me child!” Jiyong whined while trying to shove Seungri away. He didn’t budge.

“I am 27 years old!”

“You are my kid and I can’t give you cigarettes,” Jiyong said firmly.

“Your kid? The other day you suc—“

“OKAY HAVE THE ING CIGARETTE, DAMN.”

Seungri smiled in victory and let Jiyong put it between his lips. Daesung plopped his head onto Jiyong’s shoulder from the other side and looked up at him.

“Don’t tell me you also want it?” Jiyong asked tiredly.

Daesung shook his head.

“Then what do you want?”

“Kiss?”

Jiyong pretended that it was a bother. In reality he had been quite envious of the cuddling in the back of the car. Daesung’s kiss was much appreciated.

But Seungri took it as a chance to steal his cigarette so Jiyong had to pull away sooner than he’d intended. “Hey—! You said share!”

Seungri laughed, trying to keep it away from Jiyong.

“Aww, he’s tiny! Look at him trying to—“

Seungri’s taunting was cut off when Jiyong shoved him onto the hood of the car, making him drop the cigarette. It rolled off and onto the ground.

“Hyung!” Seungri whined.

Jiyong didn’t mourn the loss because he was now straddling Seungri’s hips andh holdinghim down. “Don’t call me tiny again,” he threatened.

Joke’s on him because he didn’t sound or look intimidating, he sounded and looked seductive.

Seungri wanted to make a snarky and flirty response, but in that moment Seunghyun called for them from across the parking lot.

“Hey es! We got ice cream and sandwiches!”

“Ice cream first because it’ll melt!” Taeyang added.

Daesung immediately jumped off the car and ran towards the two, happily yelling, “Ice cream!”

Jiyong glared at Seungri. “This isn’t over.”

Seungri stuck out his tongue at the older as he got off of him. They ran for the ice cream as well.

They went over to the tiny plastic playground to eat the ice cream. Jiyong was lying upside down on the slide, Daesung and Seungri were on the swings,Taeyang had climbed on the roof and Seunghyun was standing because he was wearing his nice coat.

As Seungri finished his ice cream, he glanced up at Taeyang.

“Hyung?”

“Yeah?”

“I recall we promised Jiyong-hyung revenge,” Seungri reminded.

Taeyang and him threw a glance at Jiyong, who didn’t seem so relaxed on his slide anymore.

“I guess we did,” Taeyang said softly.

Seungri stood up from the swing. Taeyang jumped down from the plastic roof.

Jiyong screamed. He threw the wooden stick on the ground, jumped over the low fence surrounding the playground and ran for his life. Taeyang and Seungri sprinted after him.

Jiyong tried to make a getaway around the gas station’s building, but he ended up being ambushed. Seungri kept running after him while Taeyang went the other way around. Jiyong found himself stuck between the two.

Taeyang took a hold of him and lifted him up.

“You’re so light, have you been eating well?” He asked.

“NO, PUT ME DOWN YOU’RE THE WORST DONGSAENGS I ING HATE YOU STOP, STOP THAT!”

Jiyong’s cries didn’t make them back down. Taeyang threw him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and carried him back to the playground.

“SAVE ME,” Jiyong screamed at Seunghyun.

“Can’t, I’m busy,” he said. He was now sitting on one of the benches with Daesung in his lap. They’d both finished their ice creams and Daesung was now pressing brief kisses down Seunghyun’s neck.

Jiyong kept screeching as Taeyang put him down, instead wrapping his arms around the older’s waist and holding him from behind.

Seungri walked over with his hands in his pockets.

Jiyong was struggling against Taeyang’s grip as Seungri slowly made his way over. He took Jiyong by the hair and pulled him into a kiss. This made Jiyong stop fighting, though he was still holding onto Taeyang’s arms.

When Seungri pulled away, Jiyong scoffed. “Some punishment that was,” he muttered.

“Maybe that wasn’t the punishment,” Seungri smiled and turned to the bench. “Are we going yet?”

Seunghyun looked at Daesung. “Are we going?”

“Hold on,” the younger mumbled and kissed Seunghyun’s cheek. “Yeah we can go.”

Taeyang carried Jiyong to the car. And as he realized what was going on, he started fighting against Taeyang again.

“NO, NO I AM NOT SITTING IN THE BACK, NO PUT ME DOWN—“

Seungri laughed like a cartoon’s villain as he got into the passenger’s seat.

“Victory!”

That was the punishment. They resumed the journey, with Jiyong sitting in the middle.