Chapter 7 - Change

Ethereal Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first snow always seemed so romantic. Nobody knows why, but people just feel that way. Although, the first snow is a start for something new. A new season it may be. A long awaited change, as it should be.

 

Everyone present in the arrivals bay started to tuck themselves inside their thick jackets and coats. Then they started to find shelter for themselves. Many of the passengers who have recently arrived had already left. But it was different for Mina and Jeongyeon.

 

They had been away from each other for months. Both of them went astray from each other, alone, in the cold. Alone, in their own beds, thinking about each other. It may seem stupid that Mina left Jeongyeon despite the hurt that she knew will consume both of them, but they were humans after all. Humans who needed time to think. Humans who get hurt. They were not extraordinary beings.

 

It was so cold that early morning. But the couple was clad in thick coats, coincidentally, they wore coats with the same design and color. The cold didn’t bother them at all. Their hug eliminated the cold that they felt. They needed this hug to show their affection for each other. They needed to let each other know that they really missed each other’s presence.

 

Tears fell slowly. Soft sniffling could be heard. There was no one else around them except for a few people who were wandering by the arrivals bay, probably waiting for their loved ones too.

 

“I missed you so much Jeong.” Mina says, muffled, as she was pressing her face against Jeongyeon’s chest.

 

“I missed you too Mina. So so much.” Jeongyeon replied. She started to caress Mina’s head, so as to comfort her crying wife.

 

“I’m so sorry for leaving you Jeong.” Mina tightened her hug. She wanted to be closer to Jeongyeon, even if nothing else was between them. “It was selfish of me to leave you.”

 

Jeongyeon shook her head, “It’s not your fault Mina. I deserved it.”

 

Mina pulled back from the hug, then she looked up to her wife. Jeongyeon caught her wife’s eyes, and at that very moment, she swore to herself. ‘Hurting you was stupid. I was the one who was selfish. You don’t deserve to be treated that way.’

 

Mina’s eyes were sparkling. She always looked so elegant no matter what situation she was in. She was always soft. Everything she does adds up to her overall glam. She stared at her wife’s brown orbs for a few good minutes, not minding all the tears that have tried to obstruct her sight.

 

“You look so beautiful Mina.” Jeongyeon can’t help but compliment and admire her wife’s features. She had long anticipated this very moment. She missed the very simple act of just looking at an angel’s face.

 

Jeongyeon cupped her wife’s cheek and wiped the tears away with her thumb. “May I?”

 

Mina already knew what was about to happen. She really wanted to experience it again. She had been deprived of it for months. She nodded, giving Jeongyeon permission to proceed.

 

And as if it was on cue, as soon as Jeongyeon started to lean her head forwards and align her lips with Mina’s, everything was on slow motion. The flakes of snow fell slower than they usually did. A flake of snow had managed to land just directly on the tip of Mina’s nose. But this flake didn’t stay in that position for too long as Jeongyeon had already met Mina’s lips with her own.

 

Soft and cold lips, slightly chapped, now started to be filled with moisture. Usually it was Jeongyeon who had the upper hand in moments like this. But as soon as Mina was reacquainted with her wife’s lips she started to dominate. Mina lifted both of her hands to cup Jeongyeon’s face, to give her leverage.

 

Jeongyeon was surprised by this. As far as she can remember, Mina never was one to take control. But she wasn’t complaining anyway.

 

They kissed for a few good minutes. It was wet since they were both shedding tears. They never let go of each other at that very moment, in the fear of losing the other, again.

 

To Jeongyeon’s surprise, Mina suddenly pulled back, and the warm lips that had been passionately dueling with her own was replaced by the cold winter breeze.

 

Mina slowly opened her eyes, much to Jeongyeon’s delight. She really swore that Mina always took her breath away, no matter what she does.

 

“Let’s go home, baby.” Mina said.

 

 

 

 

Right now, it was Jeongyeon who was asleep instead of Mina. Jeongyeon was tired, of course, from working in a 7 hour flight and immediately going home to Tokyo. Usually it was Mina who sleeps on drives back home. She hadn’t at all expected that Mina would suddenly appear out of nowhere, and here she was, driving Jeongyeon back to their home.

 

There was comforting silence present inside the car. With Jeongyeon’s soft warm breaths that have managed to emit a bit of condensation, and Mina’s constant sniffling that have not at all disturbed her wife’s slumber, everything was almost back to normal. Mina wishes that this was the start of a new beginning.

 

‘I wish to be with you for as long as I could.’

 

How painful it was, to leave Jeongyeon that early morning. Packing her bags, placing a piece of clothing inside the confines of her luggage, it tore her heart slowly to pieces. But pain isn’t bad at all times. It sometimes is a wake-up call to reality, and that was what Mina thought of it.

 

“Stay with me, Mina.”

 

A soft mumble could be heard, and a hand crept up to Mina’s hand atop the stick, it seemed really comforting. Mina slowly took the hand into her own, intertwining her fingers with it. And to her heart’s content, she melted herself into the feeling that she had long missed. She caressed the Jeongyeon’s hand with her free thumb.

 

How soft it felt.

 

A sleeping Jeongyeon, such a sight. The last time she saw this was when she was leaving. She usually never sees Jeongyeon sleeping since Jeongyeon wakes up earlier, and also sleeps later than her. Never at all she had though that looking at a sleeping Jeongyeon would send tingling senses to her spine, like a kid who had just held her crush’s hand for the first time.

 

And to lighten up the mood, Mina had noticed that the area around them had already managed to accumulate a lot of snow. The warm yellow lighting of the streetlights gave Jeongyeon’s face illumination.

 

Unable to hold it any longer, she stops by the side of the road.

 

She turns herself to face the sleeping pilot beside her whilst still holding the latter’s hand with hers. She moved her free hand to cup Jeongyeon’s face. She immediately felt her wife’s cheeks warm up to her touch, Jeongyeon was just half-asleep.

 

“Let’s go home now baby, I want to cuddle~~”

 

Jeongyeon tried to show off her baby voice to her wife, although she was quite unaware as she was still half-asleep. She nudged her head into Mina’s touch, longing for more contact as she had missed this feeling dearly.

 

‘Damn, you look so beautiful.’

 

Deciding that it was better to go home since Jeongyeon had basically been drained off of her energy, as what she had felt, Mina leans in to kiss her wife’s forehead, smooching it for a good 2 seconds.

 

Forehead kisses truly are sincere kisses. It shows true love and care.

 

 

 

 

“We’re home now baby.” Mina says as she caresses her wife’s cheeks.

 

In response, Jeongyeon slowly gets her consciousness back, smiling at the sight of her wife’s face just inches away from hers.

 

The housekeepers had already attended to Jeongyeon’s luggage, and by the time that Jeongyeon had stepped out of the car, the driver took over and parked the car into the garage.

 

 

Walking back inside their house together felt wonderful. And again, like all the other stuff, they haven’t done this in a while. For the past months, it was only Jeongyeon who entered the large doorway by herself, alone. And now, she was with her wife.

 

The house felt warm again. Every light, wall, chair, table, and many more started to become more lively. It was as if they were happy to see that their lovely landladies have come home together hand in hand.

 

Mina walks ahead but doesn’t let go of Jeongyeon, instead, she brings her along with her. They walked up the stairs up to their room. Mina reaches over to the knob to open the door with her free hand.

 

The last time Jeongyeon entered this room with Mina around was when they had a

 confrontation. It was such a complete opposite of what was happening right now. With a certain Mina leading the way for her, with a sweet smile in her lips, it was as if nothing happened between them.

 

Upon entering the room, Jeongyeon closed the door behind her. Seeing her wife in their room, with her, holding her hand, everything seemed well. But Jeongyeon still could see a clumped up Mina on the floor leaning by the side of the bed, although it was just her mind that was playing along with some memories.

 

Mina walked closer to Jeongyeon, to close out the space between them. She put her hands on her wife’s shoulders, then pulls her closer. She raises her head and pecks Jeongyeon’s lips, much to the latter’s satisfaction, earning a sincere smile. Mina proceeds to Jeonyeon’s coat, and drops it off by the bed. She then takes off Jeongyeon’s suit and the pins that were pinned on Jeongyeon’s white long sleeves.

 

Everything seemed to be prepared for something special. Jeongyeon felt it. She felt like she needed it too. And Mina kind of feels is too. What made the feeling more validated was when Mina proceeded to unbuckle Jeongyeon’s belt. At that very moment, Jeongyeon really thought to herself that there’s now possible way that she would hold herself back in a situation like this.

 

Longing for a partner’s warmth, or at the very least, her presence, felt too much to be able to hold back.

 

But…

 

“I’m just taking it off so you can sleep comfortably.” Mina smirked, teasing her wife who she now thought was ‘in the mood’. Mina chuckled.

 

Jeongyeon choked. She immediately dismissed all the wanton thoughts that she had on her mind. “Uh- yeah, I thought so too.” She blushed a shade of bright red on her cheeks.

 

Mina took her coat off on her own, revealing a loose white shirt she had worm under it. Then she slipped herself off of her track pants. She laughed when she saw Jeongyeon stiffen to the sight. And much to Jeongyeon’s disappointment, Mina still had shorts on, but it did less to cover her flawless, slender, milky white legs. Jeongyeon grinned unconsciously to this, and she looked like a middle-aged man looking at a y woman’s legs.

 

“You’re tired Jeongie,” Mina waved her hand in front of her wife’s face, shaking Jeongyeon off her reverie. “Let’s sleep.” She said, invitingly, dragging her wife with her towards the bed. Jeongyeon let herself be dragged by her wife as she was actually really exhausted from working.

 

She laid down on the bed, and upon seeing her wife who was now just staring into her eyes, she elicited a soft smile. Then she closed the gap between them, pulling Mina’s head into her chest.

 

“I missed this.” Jeongyeon whispered.

 

“I know.” Mina responded, then she embraced her wife’s chest with her arms.

 

Jeongyeon ran her hand at the back of her wife’s head, playing with the strands of hair present in there. And as if the universe had destined to do so, they fell asleep at the same time, finally.

 

 

 

 

Synchronized breaths, synchronized heartbeats, everything seems perfect. A lovely couple lies in deep slumber, locked in a tight embrace after being separated for a long time. The shared warmth added to the overall comfort that enveloped the room’s atmosphere.

 

Jeongyeon slowly opened her eyes. She felt too much pressure on her chest as a sleeping body had found its comfort on top of her, not that it was uncomfortable, she loved it anyway. She ran her hand across the sleeping woman’s back, feeling the warm, soft, and milky skin through the thin article of clothing covering her wife’s back.

 

Jeongyeon wanted to spend all the time in the world in this position, but the increasing pressure is starting to restrict blood flow into her lower regions. She opted to roll over to the side to put Mina down on the bed, resulting in a groan from the unconscious little penguin. Jeongyeon slowly ran her hand across Mina’s back so as to preserve her sleep and not to wake her up.

 

What a lovely sight it was. Mina, her wife, was lying with her in bed. In an early morning, or probably not an early morning, but it doesn’t matter anyway, now that Mina was here with her. Jeongyeon just stared lovingly at this ethereal being who was now engulfed in her own embrace. Her lovely features, especially those beauty marks that form a beautiful constellation her face, Jeongyeon couldn’t resist the urge to trace them with her fingers.

 

Everything seemed like a dream to her. It was as if Mina had just left yesterday, and had now come back into her loving arms today. Jeongyeon can’t help but think of such pessimistic thoughts since it was just so sudden.

 

She cupped Mina’s face with her hand and caressed Mina’s face with her thumb. She smiled to herself thinking about all the good memories they’ve had throughout the years. And with the obstacle that they’ve encountered recently, Jeongyeon was more than sure that she needed Mina, and only her, alone.

 

“Good morning.”

 

That voice. Sounding as soft and melodious as ever. She hadn’t heard this morning-voice of Mina for months. It filled Jeongyeon’s ears and heart with delight and she felt butterflies in her stomach.

 

“Good morning baby.”

 

When Mina had opened her eyes, much to her delight, Jeongyeon was there, looking straight into her eyes. She had longed for this in a long time. And usually, when she wakes up, Jeongyeon isn’t by her side anymore. Both of them never really had that much experience of waking up at the same time, at the same bed, since their schedules don’t seem to cooperate.

 

Jeongyeon kissed the tip of her nose, she squirmed and pulled back, teasing Jeongyeon who now had her lips puckered up, anticipating a kiss. Mina laughed at such a sight. But being one who doesn’t want to disappoint, she closed the gap between them and locked her lips with her wife.

 

It was more of a tender and tamed kiss as both of them were quite ashamed to have their ‘morning breaths’ which were not that all pleasing. And by the time both of them pulled back from the kiss,

 

“You should brush your teeth Yoo Jeongyeon.” Mina said in a teasing manner, placing an index finger on Jeongyeon’s lips.

 

“Look who’s talking.” Jeongyeon countered.

 

And by that, Jeongyeon had started to tickle the side of Mina’s waist, her weakest points. Laughter started to fill the whole room.

 

“Yahhh, Yoo Jeongyeon, s- stop that,” Mina said in between breaths. She’s obviously weaker than the one tickling her. “If I get back on you, I swear-“

 

“Swear what?” Jeongyeon teased, then proceeds to Mina’s feet, grazing her fingers on the soles. All Mina could do was just kick out her feet, but Jeongyeon was strong enough to restrain her. She tried to get back at Jeongyeon but she just can’t reach over to her since she was now rendered weak because of all the tickling.

 

Mina tried to wiggle and roll her way out of the mess. She had tried this maneuver for at least three times already and thankfully, she was able to escape now, rolling over to fall on the carpeted floor. She immediately stood up and grabbed a pillow to protect herself from Jeongyeon.

 

“Jeongie, stop it. Please.” She said weakly, still trying to catch her breath. She ran to the other side of the bed only for Jeongyeon to chase her. Mina managed to grab a penguin plush and hurled it towards the predator Jeongyeon. But it didn’t hurt, and showed no effect, because they were stuffed toys.

 

Jeongyeon was so amused at this point that she wanted to play with Mina a bit more. Now they have managed to reach their walk-in closet from all their chasing. Mina was on the other side of the couch and was anticipating what direction Jeongyeon would choose to get her. She made a mental note that she would not let herself get caught as she’s had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter