Chapter 4.5 - Farewell (?)

Ethereal Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Listen to IU's Ending Scene, as I was listening to it when I wrote this)

 

The Yoo and Myoui residence was eerily quiet. Only the chirping of crickets and the breeze blowing against the trees’ branches and leaves can be heard.

The villa felt empty since the housekeepers weren’t around. Every place inside it was well lit. Silence filled the whole house and it could drive anyone insane once they have stayed in the house for long.

But that wasn’t the case for the master’s bedroom. Cries and sniffles can be heard even through soundproof doors.

It was Mina’s cries. She hadn’t cried that loud ever. Something or someone has probably done things that broke Mina’s façade of silence.

And yes, it was Jeongyeon, the love of her life and her lawfully wedded wife, who managed to break Mina.

“I’m so sorry Mina”, Jeongyeon cries out while embracing her wife’s frame with her long arms. “I’ll do anything to make it up to you.”

No response was heard from Mina, only sniffles and outcries came out of the Japanese woman. Mina honestly thinks she would have forgiven Jeongyeon if it only was casual flirting. She loved Jeongyeon so much, more than anyone, more than herself. But Jeongyeon went too far by doing the ‘deed’.

That honest confession from Jeongyeon broke Mina’s soul. She felt like her world entered eternal darkness. Her feelings prevented her from uttering any words that could ease the situation.

‘It’s okay.’

‘I understand.’

‘I forgive you Jeongyeon.’

‘You don’t love her right? I know you only love me.’

‘So it’s okay for me.’

‘This will pass.’

‘I love you so much that I’m willing to forgive you for anything bad you may commit.’

‘It’s because I don’t want to lose you.’

Things Mina wanted to say, she truly is good-natured and too innocent for this cruel world. What did she even do to deserve this kind of situation? She had been good all her life. She always did her best to love and cherish Jeongyeon.

“I know you’re mad at me Mina, and... you have every right to be”, Jeongyeon tries her best to get a response from her wife. She cups Mina’s cheeks and places her face in front of hers. Jeongyeon wipes Mina’s damp face with her handkerchief.

Mina didn’t bother opening her eyes because a glance at her wife’s ‘sinful’ face might probably push her to forgive and forget everything.

“Just please talk to me”, Jeongyeon pleads. “Say that you hate me, anything you want to say.”

Telling someone to say they hate you doesn’t make the situation any better. In fact, it worsens it. But the two of them have already lost their rational thinking, especially Jeongyeon who was already doing everything she can to keep her wife.

“Do you want me to disappear? I will.”

“Anything you want Mina.”

“I’d even die for you.”

Jeongyeon was being so truthful right now. Mina knows this. But how can you put your trust back to someone whom you trusted so much but managed to break it? Mina isn’t dumb to forgive that easily. It was too heavy for her feelings. She honestly didn’t know what to do.

Mina wanted to leave but she also wanted to stay because she loves her wife so much. God help her.

Loud cries turned to soft cries after minutes of wordlessness. The atmosphere felt a bit better but sadness and a bit of anger still fills the room.

“Let’s just sleep this out”, Mina speaks out, so softly.

Finally she was able to speak up. Jeongyeon felt a bit relieved to hear from her wife.

“If that’s what you want.”

Jeongyeon laid Mina’s weak body into their bed. She took off her suit and tie and threw them on the carpeted floor. Then she turned all the lights inside their room off before joining her wife. Sleeping with slacks and long sleeves wasn’t comfortable at all but Jeongyeon had no intention to change at all since she wanted to be so close to her wife, especially in this moment.

As Jeongyeon laid down on the bed, Mina turned her back against Jeongyeon. She was still sobbing, but she tries her best to silence herself. Jeongyeon went on to lock her wife in her embrace spooning her in the process.

Mina loves this feeling but it wasn’t anything to be appreciated, especially in their current situation. She wanted to be alone, but she thought about Jeongyeon’s feelings too.

Damn, can’t she be selfish at least once for herself?

“We can get through this Minari”, Jeongyeon speaks up.

“Until then, I’ll always pull you closer to me. I’ll give up everything just to have you stay with me”, Jeongyeon adds and more tears flowed down her face.

Mina’s soft sobs and sniffles started to quiet down. She relaxed herself from her stiffened body, finally able to melt herself into her wife’s embrace. She held Jeongyeon’s arms which were around her waist.

They both fell asleep. Then everything was quite. Only their breaths could be heard within the room, a contrast to the cry-filled atmosphere a while ago.

 

 

Morning came. Mina woke up early, still within her wife’s tight embrace. She couldn’t help but feel relieved that she woke up with her wife beside her, a feeling that she missed.

But she wasn’t going to stay bewitched with her feelings, for once. Mina got out from the embrace gently, enough to keep her wife in deep sleep.

She prepared her luggage, packed a few clothes, and took a few of her valuables with her. The thought of leaving Jeongyeon hurt her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter