02.

Promise

Yuri entered a bus that has been waiting for her for a few minutes. Once she entered, there were already some of her fellow IZ*ONE members in there. She scanned the bus as she walked to the back seat. Eunbi, Chaewon, Yujin, Wonyoung, Chaeyeon, and Hyewon. But the person she was searching for wasn't there yet.

"We haven't gone to Yuehua yet. Calm down," said Eunbi after seeing the younger who seemed to be looking for something. Yuri nodded and took the seat by the window.

Yuri looked at the street they were passing. It still felt weird to her. She still couldn't believe that she was already IZ*ONE's Jo Yuri and not Stone Music Trainee Jo Yuri. And that day was the first activity for Yuri as an IZ*ONE member. They will be going to Japan to meet one of their producer, Akimoto Yasushi.

Honestly though, Yuri didn't know if she was looking forward for their first schedule or for meeting Yena after three days. Yena had been ignoring her chats since the show's final and she really had no idea why. When she thought they'd be having more times together, the other girl completely ignored her.

They finally arrived at Urbanworks, Minju's company. They could see Minju standing on the sidewalk waiting for them. She immediately entered and took the seat next to Yuri. Yuri actually wished that Minju would take the other seat so that Yena could sit next to her, but she thought that it would be rude to say it to Minju.

After a few minutes driving from Urbanworks, they finally arrived at Yuehua company, the last company they visited before heading to the airport.

"Hey everyone!" Yena shouted as soon as she entered the bus. A smile formed on Yuri's face. This is one of the reason Yuri loved Yena so much. Because Yena is always energetic and always brightened the atmosphere around her.

Yena then went to the back of the bus and took the empty seat left. Yuri let out a sigh. Usually Yena would ask the person next to Yuri to switch seat so that they could sit next to each other, but she didn't do it that day.

After an hour or so, they finally arrived at the airport. The crowd was already waiting for them. It was more crowded than Yuri had expected and she was shocked. They went out from the bus one by one and formed a line. After that they bowed to the crowd and then walked to the check-in in pairs.

Yuri really wanted to be paired with Yena. But Yena was already holding Yujin's hand, so Yuri just grabbed any hand near her and formed a pair with the person.

Yuri then kept walking and forced her smile to all the cameras around her. She just hoped that she can talk with Yena while they're in Japan.

--

"Are you okay?"

Yuri raised her head to see the person who was talking. And it was Yena, standing on the aisle.

"Yena unnie," Yuri whispered and extended both of her arms, asking for a hug. She felt a little bit dizzy because of the crowd and the flashlight and the only thing she needed was a hug from someone she loved the most. But Yena didn't give her one and only put her hand on Yuri's head and messed with her hair.

"Are you okay?" Yena asked once again as she took the seat beside Yuri.

Yuri looked at the older girl with a confused look, "Isn't that Eunbi unnie's seat?"

"I asked her to switch with me, she wanted to sit next to Chaeyeon anyway. Now answer me, are you okay? You don't seem well." Yena looked the younger girl with a pair of worried eyes. Yuri looked a bit paler than usual and it made Yena worried seeing the love of her life being like that.

"I just feel a little bit dizzy because of the flashlight," answered Yuri as she put her head on Yena's shoulder.

"You can sleep on my shoulder if you want. I'll wake you up when it's time to eat," said Yena while Yuri's hair.

"Unnie, why have you been ignoring me these past 3 days?" Instead of sleeping, Yuri asked a question to Yena.

Yena frowned, "I was?"

"You didn't reply any of message and you completely ignored me until just now." Yuri pouted and explained what she meant.

Yena formed an 'o' with . "You know, lots of things has been going on that I didn't really have to check your messages. I'm sorry," explained Yena as she realized her mistakes.

Yuri wrapped her arms around Yena's. "Please don't do it again," she whispered.

"I won't," said Yena as she continued to the younger girl's hair. "Now, sleep."

--

The plane had finally landed and the girls were just standing around waiting for some members who were going to the toilets and so were Yuri and Yena. They were standing side by side with Yuri clinging on to Yena's arm. She hadn't let go of Yena's arm ever since they walked out from the plane.

"Hey, Yuri unnie! Yena unnie won’t disappear if you let go of her for a second you know,” Yujin teased them from their back followed by Yena’s laugh. Hearing that made Yuri’s cheek turned all red. She realized that she was probably being overprotective of the older girl but she couldn’t help it. She loved the girl on her side too much already.

“Yujin was right Yuri, I won’t disappear if you let me go for a while,” said Yena as she removed Yuri's hand from her arm which made the younger girl pouted.

"But you disappeared just until two hours ago," Yuri replied Yena and tried to get Yena's arm back, though Yena removed her hand again.

"Listen..." Yena stretched her arm and tucked Yuri's hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry about that, okay?" She put her hands on the latter's shoulders and looked into her eyes deeply. "I promise I won't ignore you or disappear again."

"Promise?

The older girl pulled the younger into her embrace. "Promise

--

I have this in my draft for a while, I hope this doesn't flop.