01.

Promise
Yena had been lying on her bed while crying for the past hours. She was thinking about the elimination that will be announced the day after. She really didn’t want to be eliminated. She wanted to stay and proved to her parents that she won’t ended up like her brother.
 
"Unnie?"
 
She heard a soft husky voice calling her. Yena knew who she was, it was a really familiar voice. It was the voice that she was used to hear everyday but Yena didn't want to see her face at the moment, she was too scared that it would be the last time she saw her.
 
"Unnie, are you sick?”  
 
The girl climbed up the bed and sat on Yena's side.
 
“Are you okay?” 
 
The girl spoke up again but Yena still had not responded. She was still facing the wall without saying anything.
 
"Unnie, please say something.” 
 
The girl pouted a bit. Yena was always the one who approached her first, but she didn't say anything now.
 
"Yuri... I'm scared." Yena finally opened . Yuri raised her eyebrows. She knew what Yena was talking about and honestly, she was scared of it too.
 
"Can you please look at me first?"
 
Yuri grapped Yena's arm and forced the older girl to look at her. The moment Yena looked at her, Yuri realized that Yena had been crying for hours. Her eyes and face were really red. It hurted Yuri seeing her like this. Yena who'd always been the moodmaker of the show was crying like it was the end of her world. 
 
Yena removed Yuri's hand from her arm, then got up and sat in front of Yuri, but she couldn't look at the eyes of the younger girl. She didn't want people to see her being broken like this. After a few moments of silence, Yuri held Yena's hand, trying to give power to her.
 
"We both will make it, I promise,” said Yuri trying to convinced Yena while actually she was also feeling nervous. Everything can change in the matter of two week, she also had a chance to be eliminated.
 
"But we can't deny the fact that I ranked 19th last week. I'm only 2 spot away from being eliminated.”
 
Yuri’s words didn’t make Yena feel better even for a bit. Yena herself didn’t know what happened to her. She didn’t know that elimination can consume her energy this much. She didn’t know that she loved Yuri so much that she didn’t want anyone to take Yuri away from her.
 
Yuri didn’t say anything back, she just tighten her hands. She too, didn’t want any of them to be eliminated. She knew that if one of them or worse, both of them were to be eliminated, they won’t be able to see each other like they’re used to be. 
 
"If I don't make it, promise me that you will debut?”
 
Yena’s last words made Yuri pouted and turned her body to not facing Yena anymore. She didn’t like Yena being negative like this. She wanted the cheerful, idiot Yena to be here. She wanted her usual Yena to be here.
 
“Yuri..”
 
Yena realized that her words made Yuri mad. She really couldn’t help herself to be this negative. Truthfully, Yena hated being like this too. She had always promised to herself that she want to be a person who is always cheerful.
 
“You promised to me that we won’t talk about things like this. You said to me that we’re just gonna go with the flow without thinking about it. But now you’re the one who is bringing this up!” 
 
Yuri raised her voice, tears started to fall onto her cheeks. She really hated the reality. She hated the fact that she met Yena in a survival show, that she could leave Yena anytime and Yena could leave her anytime, that nobody could make sure that she will be by Yena’s side forever.
 
“Yuri..”
 
Yena moved her body forward and hugged Yuri from behind. 
 
“You know, even if we’re not in the same group, I promise that I won’t ever leave you. How can I leave someone that I love so much?”
 
The moment those words slipped out from Yena’s mouth, Yuri’s cheek turned all red. She had never expected those words to come out from Yena’s mouth.
 
“You’re really promising this, right?”
 
Yuri was afraid that Yena would break the promise just like last time. 
 
“I really promise this if you want to turn back and look at me.”
 
Yuri turned her body around and once she fully turned her body, she could feel warmth on her lips. She opened her eyes wide and pulled her body backwards. She was shocked.
 
Unnie..
 
“Sorry, you didn’t like that?”
 
Yena panicked a little bit, she was afraid that it was inappropriate for the younger girl. Yuri shook her head.
 
“I like that… a lot,” said Yuri. This time, her lips approached Yena’s first.