Chapter 2

Breathe

"You want to be Jisung's dad? Are you sure about this, Johnny?" Hwa Seol asked, still surprised by Johnny's sudden offer.

 

"Jisung's actually like my son already, to be honest. Since you got pregnant with him, I swore to myself that I'll not only take care of you but Jisung too." Johnny admitted. 

 

Hwa Seol gave birth to Jisung when she was 20. Seungcheol and her decided to live together when they were still 18. A young age, yes but she didn't think about anything else at that time. She just wanted to be with someone she loves. They weren't married because Seungcheol said it was too early for them to decide about that. And that's another mistake she did, because she agreed. She should've seen it coming, Maybe that was already a sign? Seungcheol just didn't want to be completely tied to her because he still wanted to fool around.

 

She was a pushover when she was with Seungcheol and she gave everything to him, all her firsts, not even leaving anything for herself. 

 

"You don't have to answer immediately, Hwa Seol. I'll just be here anytime if you've already decided, okay? I don't want to push you into deciding suddenly. Sorry if this surprised you" Johnny said looking down.

 

"No, it's okay. I appreciate everything you've done and been doing for me ever since, John." Hwa Seol said, kissing Johnny's cheek. 

 

"I missed you, Seol-ah" Johnny admitted. They haven't been spending much time with each other like before since Hwa Seol got together with Seungcheol, especially after she had Jisung. 

 

"I missed you too, Johnny. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to make time for you anymore. It's been hard trying to handle everything especially since it's my first time being a mother, Seungcheol was out most of the time because he was working, or so I thought" The girl sipped from her now supposed to be hot choco, it was now just warm. 

 

"I just wanted to be a perfect mother for Jisung, I didn't want to seem so weak. He's the most precious thing that ever happened to me, John." Hwa Seol admitted, tears starting to form in her eyes again.

 

"I know, princess. That's why if you need help, don't try to deal with things alone anymore, okay? It's okay to ask for help, you gotta remember that. It doesn't mean you're weak just because you asked for a helping hand" Johnny gave her a warm smile. "There's no such thing as a perfect mother, Seol. You'll make mistakes, I'm sure of that. But that will only help you grow and become a better parent for Jisung so don't be afraid

 

"Thank you, Johnny. Thank you" Hwa Seol smiled at her bestfriend.

 

"Your room's clean so if you wanna sleep, you can just go up. Just like old times" Johnny wiped the tears falling from her eyes.

 

This house has been the Seo family's since long ago but Johnny's parents started to stay in a different house near their company when he was 20 leaving him all alone in the huge mansion. The guest room has been given to Hwa Seol since they were 10 because she always liked to sleepover at Johnny's house. The same thing happened at the Moon's house too, Johnny got his own room as well. 

 

Hwa Seol stood up to go to her room, she was more than tired and just wanted to sleep it all away. At least while she's sleeping, she doesn't have to remember all of the bull she's been through.

 

"Thanks for letting me stay over, Johnny" Hwa Seol said and hugged the taller.

 

Johnny hugged her tight and kissed her forehead, "Anytime, princess"

 

Hwa Seol layed on her bed thinking about the things that happened.

 

"I'll be Jisung's father. I'll help you take care of him. If you'll allow me to, of course." It kept on playing on her mind.

 

Johnny's not rash when it comes to deciding about something, that's one thing she's sure of. They were total opposites when it comes to making decisions. But she doesn't want to put any more burden on Johnny's shoulders. She knows that Johnny recently became the director of their company, Seo Prime Holdings. Dealing with one of the largest companies in East Asia isn't really an easy thing to do. 

 

Hwa Seol sighed, "Should I let him in or just deal with it alone?" she asked herself. She fell asleep thinking about what to do. 

 

She woke up with the sun shining bright from the windows. "Johnny must've opened the curtains" she thought.

 

She saw a note written on her bedside table. 

 

Breakfast downstairs. Wait for me to go home, I'll be back before lunch. -JJ

 

She smiled. JJ was a nickname she created for Johnny when they were still kids, also the nicknames John and Bigfoot. 

 

She went downstairs and saw the covered breakfast prepared at the table. It was peanut butter jelly sandwich, her favorite. She never really admitted but she always felt really happy whenever Johnny remembers even the smallest things about her. It just proves that her bestfriend really cares a lot about her.

 

She ate the breakfast Johnny prepared for her and washed the dishes after. She finally decided to turn on her phone after shutting it off for a day. She's got tons of calls and messages from different people, her family and friends. She started dialing someone's number on her phone.

 

"Hello? Hwa Seol?" The guy at the end of the line picked up immediately.

 

"Hey Jeonghan oppa. I'm sorry I turned off my phone. How's my son?" Hwa Seol said, feeling guilty about what she did.

 

"It's okay. We were all just worried. Jisung's been crying a lot too, he's been asking for his mom so I just brought him to your house last night so he can at least be with his grandparents" Jeonghan said. 

 

"Thank you oppa. I'm sorry for making all of you worry. I just... needed time to breathe. Sorry for leaving you with Jisung too." Hwa Seol's voice started to crack.

 

"Hwa Seol, are you okay? Where are you now? Do you want me to come pick you up?" The guy asked, worrying.

 

"No, oppa. I'm fine. I'll go home later. I'm at Johnny's right now. Thank you" Hwa Seol said, sniffing.

 

"Stop crying now, Seol-ah. We'll see you later, okay? I'll drive to your house later and wait for you to come home" Jeonghan ended the call.

 

Hwa Seol was really lucky when it comes to her family and friends. It was just very unfortunate that she fell deeply in love with a man like Seungcheol. 

 

The doors opened, revealing Johnny in his suit and tie. "Seol-ah, good morning. I just had to go to the office for an emergency meeting" 

 

"It's fine, John. Is everything okay with the company?" Hwa Seol asked.

 

"Yeah, something just happened with the branch we're trying to build in China which is why they needed me to oversee it again" Johnny answered. "You don't have to worry about it" 

 

Hwa Seol nodded, "JJ, I'm going home today. Jeonghan oppa dropped Jisung at my parents' house and I need to go back. I realized this isn't the time to sulk and wallow in my own sadness. I gotta take care of my son

 

Johnny smiled and ruffled Hwa Seol's hair, "That's the Moon Hwa Seol I know

 

"I'll go with you, then. I'll drive you to your house" Johnny said, gesturing for her to get in the car outside. 

 

The drive to the Moon house was quiet. Hwa Seol was nervous to tell the story again to her family and friends and she didn't know why. She knows that Jeonghan might've already told them what happened but it's still hard to explain everything herself.

 

She stood in front of their house sighing. Johnny held her hand and pulled it closer to his lips, giving it a kiss. 

 

"Let's go in?" Johnny said, giving her his warm smile. She nodded. 

 

"HWA SEOL!!!" Her mother shouted, crying. The elder stood up and ran to give her a hug.

 

"My daughter, we were all so worried about you" Her mother said in between sobs. 

 

Hwa Seol was crying too. She felt the guilt eating her up seeing her mother crying like this. She made them worry so much.

 

"I'm sorry, mom. I'm so sorry. I won't do it again. I'm sorry" Hwa Seol repeatedly kept on apologizing. 

 

"It's okay, love. The important thing is you're safe" Her father came up to her and kissed her forehead. 

 

Her older brother Taeil walked to them and gave her a hug too. "I'm glad you're back now, Seol

 

Johnny was just standing at the doorway, giving the family space. He didn't want to bother them and intrude.

 

They all sat down at the living room and Jisung ran up to his mom, crying.

 

"Eomma!!!" Hwa Seol picked him up and hugged him tight.

 

"I'm here now, baby. I'm sorry for leaving you, okay? It won't happen again, I promise" she whispered, kissing her son's forehead.

 

"Johnny, come sit with us son!" Hwa Seol's father said. Johnny bowed politely and sat down. 

 

"Thank you for always taking care of our daughter, Johnny" Hwa Seol's mom said, holding Johnny's hand.

 

"It's no problem, auntie. I'll always be here if she needs me" Johnny said. 

 

"I know you guys already know what's happened to me and Seungcheol" she sighed when she mentioned the name. It was like she was spitting venom every time she mentioned him.

 

"Yes, love. You don't have to tell us again what happened if you're still not ready. Please don't force yourself" Her dad said, smiling at her warmly. She was extremely grateful that she has such an understanding family.

 

"Mom, dad. Can I please ask you something?" Hwa Seol said and looked at her parents.

 

Her parents looked at her and nodded, waiting for Hwa Seol to throw in her question.

 

"Is it okay if I let Johnny become Jisung's dad?

 

A/N: It would really be appreciated if you guys could subscribe and comment if you have some stuff you wanna say~ I'd be really glad to see your reactions too ^^ Thank you so much!!