Chapter 1

Breathe

"She's not answering her phone" Jaehyun said in a panicking manner.

 

"Does anyone know where else she could've gone to?" Mrs. Moon asked.

 

"I don't have any idea mom, I already visited the restaurant she frequents and that playground we always went to as kids but she isn't there" Taeil answered, panic starting to get to him.

 

"I think I know just the place" Johnny answered, hastily grabbing his jacket and car keys.

 

 

FLASHBACK- THE NIGHT BEFORE

 

"I don't think it's right for me to stay here, Hwa Seol" Seungcheol said, sighing.

 

"You cheat on me and you have the ing audacity to tell me you want to leave?!" Hwa Seol answered, furious by the sudden conversation.

 

Seungcheol stood up and held Hwa Seol's shoulders, "I'm sorry but I don't think I'm enough to be a father to Jisung"

 

Hwa Seol laughed, "You think? I didn't know you even have the capacity to think, Seungcheol. I let you stay in this house even after I saw you exchanging tongues with a random woman in a bar but you think you have the right to tell me this???

 

"Please, babe. I'm sorry, I was too drunk at that time I didn't know what I was doing!! But bringing Jisung into this world was a mistake, Hwa Seol. I'm not ready to take care of him yet, he's starting to grow up now and things are starting to get harder" Seungcheol said earning a slap from his girlfriend, now soon to be an ex.

 

"I HEAR THE SAME BULL ABOUT YOU BEING DRUNK BUT NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME JISUNG IS A MISTAKE?! YOU ARE THE WORST KIND OF ANIMAL I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED, YOU THICK-FACED ! AND NO, STOP CALLING ME BABE YOU JERK" Tears were starting to fall from Hwa Seol's eyes because of the rage building up in her entirety. 

 

"But-

 

"Get out, Seungcheol. Please just leave if you want to. Before I lose my sanity and kill you" Hwa Seol said looking at the man with disgust.

 

Seungcheol turned his back and started to walk towards the door.

 

"But please never show yourself again in front of me, my family, especially MY son" Hwa Seol added plopping down on the floor. 

 

Her knees were shaking, everything's a mess and she didn't know what to do or what to say. She heard crying and when she looked at the bedroom door, there he was, her 2-year-old son Jisung crying his eyes out.

 

Seeing her son sobbing broke her heart. Never have it crossed her mind that her idiocy could cause her son a very traumatic experience and a messy life but she's going to try her best to give him everything he needs growing up, even if she had to do it alone.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Johnny was out of breath but he needed to find where Hwa Seol is. He needs to. And he was right, Hwa Seol was at their usual spot at the top of the park wherein no one really bothered to visit. 

 

"Do you want to go home with me now, princess?

 

Hearing the nickname, Hwa Seol immediately knew who it was. He's the only one who called her that. She turned her head and saw Johnny approaching her, tears started to form in her eyes again.

 

Johnny sat down beside her and hugged her, "I can't tell you it's okay but I'm here now, Seol-ah

 

The sobbing only got harder, no one was talking but just having Johnny beside her made her feel a bit okay. She found herself coming with Johnny after a few hours even if she intended to spend the night there, to breathe. 

 

"I don't want to go home yet, Johnny. I can't face my family yet, please." Hwa Seol tugged at his shirt.

 

He ruffled her hair and nodded, "I'll let you stay over at my place then, just like before?" 

 

They got to Johnny's home in no time, Hwa Seol was still quiet and Johnny respected her decision. He doesn't have any idea what has happened but he knows his bestfriend will tell him whatever it is if she's ready. 

 

"Do you want some hot choco?" Johnny offered, the girl in front of him just nodded and smiled a bit. 

 

"She's finally smiling" Johnny thought to himself as he went to the kitchen and prepared the hot choco for his bestfriend.

 

Johnny and Hwa Seol has been bestfriends since they were still in their diapers due to the fact that their parents were in the same circle since they were in college. They know everything about each other since they never really liked to keep secrets and trusted the other with all their hearts.

 

They were inseparable until Seungcheol came into her life and snatched all of her time away but Johnny understood all of that because he knew that the day would come too. Nothing changed for him though, he was still one call away from his bestfriend. He always came running whenever he knew Hwa Seol needed his help. 

 

"Here you go, princess" He said, setting down the hot choco in front of her.

 

"He cheated on me" Hwa Seol said, barely audible.

 

Johnny's eyes widened. "Wh-what did you say?" Not believing what he just heard.

 

"I saw Seungcheol making out with a girl in the bar we always went to. It was the night he didn't text where he was and he wasn't answering my calls too. It was past midnight and I was getting worried. I asked Jeonghan to take care of Jisung for a while and went out, only to find him shoving his tongue down another woman's mouth" Hwa Seol sighed, staring at the hot choco in front of her.

 

Johnny's fists curled up, saying he's angry is an understatement. He wanted to go find Seungcheol instantly and punch the life out of him. He cannot believe what Hwa Seol was experiencing now.

 

"But I forgave him, John. I still gave him another chance." She faked a laugh. "And that's one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my entire existence" She added, breaking down. She was sobbing again.

 

"I can't believe I made my son experience such a thing, Johnny. I'm the worst. I'm just as worse as Seungcheol" Hwa Seol said in between sobs. Johnny was rubbing her back, "Shhh. That's not true, Seol. You know that" 

 

Hwa Seol buried her face in Johnny's chest, "Why aren't you disgusted of me, Johnny? I can't even look at myself now.

 

Johnny kissed the top of her head, "I'll never be able to do that, Hwa Seol. You've always been my princess and nothing can ever change that. I'm always here for you too. Have you already forgotten?"

 

Hwa Seol sobbed harder after she heard her bestfriend say that. "What did I do to deserve you?" she thought to herself.

 

"Seungcheol just said that he wanted to leave because he can't handle the responsibilities of being a father" Hwa Seol continued.

 

"He even had the audacity to tell you that?? What a ing bastard" Johnny uttered.

 

"He even said having Jisung was a mistake and hearing that just made me want to see his blood on my hands" Hwa Seol was shaking in anger. 

 

Johnny held her hand in his and rubbed circles in it, "I'll be Jisung's father" he said.

 

"What?" Hwa Seol asked in surprise.

 

"I'll be Jisung's father. I'll help you take care of him. If you'll allow me to, of course." Johnny said, Hwa Seol's hand still in his.