Chapter 1. Bus Rides

Drabbles & Writing Blurbs

Writing Prompt

“You finally build enough courage to talk to that cute someone you see every day on the bus. Their face turns dark as they respond “you shouldn’t be able to see me”

 

Life was always mundane; wake up, go to school, come home to do homework then sleep and repeat. However, something made it a little less mundane, which was the cute boy you would always see on the bus. He sat on the same seat every time you were on the bus as he wore a black hoodie matched with a pair of black jeans and in his ears, earphones as he stared out the bus window.

You always chose the seat right next to him on the bus, which was all the way at the back of the bus.

You swear by your soul, that he is the most beautiful man you have ever laid eyes on. His white skin contrasting well with his red lips, black as night hair color and his black eyes.

Finally, after six months, of sitting next to this beautiful man on the bus, you finally build your courage to say hello. Heck, it’s Winter break so if you mess up for life, you can avoid him for two weeks till he forgets your existence.

The bus pulls up at your stop and you board and you see him sitting in that same seat. You stop and stare for a while, breathless from his beauty as you walk closer to him and finally sit down next to him. He still stares out the window and you take a deep breath.

 

Here goes nothing.

 

“Hi, I always see you on the bus at the same time as me, and I was wondering where are you heading?” You ask the boy next to you. You see his eyes widen and his brows quickly furrow in confusion as he turns towards you, taking out one side of his earphones.

Panicking, you’re ready to run and take flight off the next stop, worried you might have freaked him out because truth be told, what you said sounded extremely stalker-ish.

 

As he’s facing you, you can finally see his features in a full frontal view and you’re taken away by this boy. His beauty is breathtaking. However, the longer you stare at him, you see his face darken.

 

“You shouldn’t be able to see me.” His voice is gruff like a low rumble and now it’s your turn to look confused.

 

“Excuse me?” You ask tilting your head in disbelief. You see him sigh as he runs his beautiful hands through his black locks.


“Get off at the next stop.” He commands as the bus comes to a sudden halt. He gestures you to get off, and you’re not sure what compels you to follow this man (probably his beauty) but you get off with him hot on your trail. The bus departs and you see the man standing there and your heart is beating faster.

Why is this man so beautiful.

 

“How can you see me?” He asks you once he sees no one is around at the bus stop.

 

“What do you mean how can I see you? I see you with my two own eyes.” You explain, not sure and questioning where this conversation is leading.

 

“I’m a freaking vegetable in a hospital. I can’t wake up so my soul just wanders around.” He says like it’s no big deal. Your eyes widen in shock, as well as horror while he explains his situation.

“My basically dead body is right there.” He explains pointing at the building next to you at the bus stop.

“What... I don’t... I don’t understand...” speechless as your mind blanks to the fact you’ve basically been fantasizing about a basically dead boy for the past six months.

“I got into a car crash six months ago that’s what.” His explanations are gruff and cold as you feel yourself watering in your eyes.

“But... why...” Your hands come up to your mouth covering it as you feel the tears slowly running down your face.

You see his eyes widen in panic as his hands' ghost over you, holding you by your cheeks. You see his eyes water as well and a grave smile appears on his face.

“It’s okay, you’ll be fine.” he smiles at you, and it’s so sad and melancholic you can’t help but feel the tears flowing from you.

“No.... I won’t be fine!” You shout as your tears flow rapidly and now you’re sobbing as your head leans against the soul of the stranger who’s basically dead in the hospital.

“You will be fine, trust me.” he comforts you and envelops you in a hug. Even though he’s a soul with no physical body, you feel his warmth radiating from him. You calm down after a good 30 minutes and now he has your hands in his, and it feels so warm, almost real.

“Can I at least have your name?” You ask as the hiccups come in between your speech. He smiles and rubs your hands together. You feel so much warmth from him and it makes you want to cry even more.

“It’s Yoongi.” He replies, and takes your hand and leads you somewhere.

 

It’s about a 10-minute walk through the empty streets to an empty park that overlooks the city. The sun is setting as you see the purple, pink and orange hues take over the sky. The park feels so familiar as you stare at the skyline of the city with the big tree that he takes you to stand next to. Everything feels like you’ve been here a countless number of times.

“(y/n),” he whispers as you look up at him and your heart feels like it’s torn into pieces once he says your name, “I love you.” He kisses your forehead and closes your eyes feeling his lips against your head. It just feels so right, as if the universe was waiting for you to be with him, under this tree and the beautiful setting sun.

He looks at you in your eyes, and you stare into his black eyes and you see his happiness starring right back at you.

“I love you too Yoongi,” You lean in to kiss his red lips and the world feels right and at peace. The surroundings slowly disappear from you, as you are now the only two people that are around as everything fades to black.  

 

~~~~~


 

“I’m so sorry for your loss.” The doctor tells the mother and father who are sobbing along with the other two adults in the room, “He had a peaceful pass. He looked, almost happy he was able to pass on.” The doctor turns to the other couple who is sobbing drastically as well, “I know how much he means to you like a son...” The doctor slowly explains, “it sounds a bit crazy,” the doctor takes a deep breath in and out as the other couple hold onto each other for the news, “I think he met up with your daughter, and that’s why he was able to pass peacefully.”





 

You hit him in his chest as you stand in the church staring at the beautiful altar and the two pictures of two humans, one boy, and one girl.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner, you jerk!” you feel your tears in your eyes, as his hold tightens a bit around your waist.

“You were crying in front of me when I said I got into an accident six months ago! I didn’t want you crying more, my love.” He says as you tighten your hold around his waist.

“Whatever! You should’ve just dropped another bomb and just told me right away.” you scoff at your husband.

“Right okay.” You see him roll his eyes, “While as much as I love seeing our parents cry over our dead bodies, let’s get out of here.” He says and spins you around to face him, face to face, “I’d love to spend eternity with you.” He says and you take his hand, giving him the brightest smile the attendants at your funeral have never seen, “Yeah let’s get out of here.” and he grins right back at you and you two walk out of the church hand in hand, ready to spend eternity together.