Day 2

Just

9.30am

 

"Just... You know... It's good"

At least that's what she said when Maria ask her about the exhibition yesterday.

 

"I'm glad you seems to enjoy it," she flash her a smile and start to search for something, "Where is that little thing?" Her face frowned as she become serious, her poor eyesight made her hard to see things even in a daylight, "Here it is!"

 

She lift a shiny little object and give it to Nayoung. "I just remember, that this key belong to your father's vespa, it's parked out front"

 

"I did wonder why that thing stood still without no one riding it" look around, notice a vespa under the tree right in front of the building. "Thank you Maria" she smile. 

 

"Nayoung," the tall girl turned around and look at the old woman, "Make sure you'll learn something new today, OK?"

 

Although she wasn't sure about what Maria trying to say, she nod her head and waved her goodbye. 

 

'Learn something new huh..?'

 

***

 

She stop at George's coffee stand. Which made her get a big smile from the man, "Well Hello! How was your visit in museum yesterday?" She rolled her eyes playfully, made him chuckles, "A big cup of coffee? Why don't you try some of our churros?"

 

Nayoung nod at him, "Yes, and about your question before, it was good. Thank you for asking"

 

Nayoung will never get used to people (stranger) who suddenly give her attention or even affection. It's weird for her. She found it rather weird than amusing.

 

Thankfully George, the coffee man seems to notice it well.

 

"It's not realy impressive?" He asked, which he got a humm as an answer. "Was it a bit overwhelming? Well it's understandable"

 

"I'm here just because of my mom, and if you were asking about whether it's good or not, the exhibition was indeed great"

 

"Is that all why you come here?"

 

A simple nod was make George a bit taken aback. He fake a cough as he fill in the long pause he has made, "I hope you'll enjoy your time here then," a smile plastered on his face when he give her the coffee and churros.

 

After mouthed a small thank you. Nayoung take a bite of the churros and make her way to the museum.

 

***

 

Today she also take a small break but at the front of the museum. She learn from Maria that the building has been there since 1700s yet it still gracefully stand till today.

 

She took out her sketcbook and start to sketch again. While enjoying her churros and coffee. Once she's done with her sketch, she look at the building once again. 'What will I learn today?'

 

After putting her belonging back to her bag. She start to remember what happened yesterday. She learn that taking a break before getting into your work will help you to figure out, what you should paint in your canvass.

 

Taking a break doesn't mean you're lazy. It means you know your limit and see yourself deserve a good rest. 

 

What does her father want from this? She's way too curious. Feels like she can't wait to see the future of this trip. What will happened in the end? Is there even an end to it? She want to know. 

 

***

 

She met Bianca. She look so happy to see Nayoung, and it become greater as she know that the younger girl seems to enjoy the exhibition more than how she expect it.

 

Nayoung already getting used to everything. Live with nickname Stone Buddha. She's used to keep on her straight face till the end of their conversation before went inside the great hall off the museum.

 

Classical music were playing through the air. Since yesterday, Nayoung found out that the museum wasn't just offer a great exhibition, they also over a good time for relaxation through music.

 

Well... She does wonder, are the visitor come for the music? Or for the exhibition? Once again...

'It's not my business'

 

She walk through the crowd and met a man in blue suit. She remember that the man show him the way to he father's exhibition. 

 

"Good Morning sir" she greet her politely,

 

"Ah you..." He smile at Nayoung, wrinkles on his face shows as the corner of his lips form a wide smile, "You're that girl from yesterday, am I right?"

 

"Yes sir, do you remember me?"

 

"Of course! People in Naples already know the whole thing about this museum, that's why I find it easier to remember those who look lost which means, they are tourist"

 

Nayoung was gaped in awe. She can't believe it. That man look fancy and glamour, yet he doesn't mind to remember stranger whom he just met yesterday. Compare to him, Nayoung feel so small.

 

"You come here to see your father's exhibition today?"

 

"Yes I-" Nayoung look at him right away, "Wait-what.. How?"

 

He let out a soft chuckles, "You behave just like him," it was obvious, the faint smile on his face, "Less talk, yet he make people love him, not going around too much, but he dedicate himself to work" he look around, "That's why... We're able to stand till now, your father, Frederick, he is the part of this"

 

"I'm Ferdinand, your father's partner in work, he just show me your photo as a kid but I know you right away" a hand land on Nayoung's shoulder, "Maybe being selfish is wrong but there are time you should love yourself before you're able to love others," he called out her name, "Im Nayoung, he... Your father... He called himself a failure but... He doesn't want you to be one," Ferdinand give him a last tap on her shoulder and smile "Enjoy your days here and learn a lot, see you"

 

***

 

"Less talk, yet he make people love him, not going around too much, but he dedicate himself to work"

 

It's not the first time she become deep in thought. She never know how her father live, how he influence people around him. How he made people love him so much that they take care of his daughter-Nayoung-really well.

 

The reason is how much she resembles her own father. She always try to deny it. Always but... Now... She understand why Minkyung and Kyungwon still stay no matter how much she coldly treat them. How much Xiyeon still care, how much Kyla as the youngest still look up to her, how much Sungyeon still admire her beauty, how much Yehana still cling to her, how much the weirdos duo of 98 line a.k.a Rena and Eunwoo still shower her with affection.

 

She never realize everything. She's too dense to know, to feel. Her eyes start to close as she let out a deep sigh. 

 

"...Your father... He called himself a failure but... He doesn't want you to be one"

 

She look up and mumbles, "Dad... I won't be a failure," she took a deep breath, "Because I'm not you, I'm not you"

 

With that she walk to Pompeii Collection.

 

Her eyes notice the same beauty who took her heart yesterday. The goddess of beauty herself. Today that beautiful strangers wearing a sport jacket along with black jeans and shoes. She tied her hair to a messy bun yet still, she look flawless in Nayoung's eyes.

 

The Stone Nayoung give herself a slap on the face. 'Stop staring...'

 

Her action made the goddess turn to look at her. Nayoung smile at her, awkwardly. They end up exchange smile to each other, but it won't last long because neither any of them can stand the embarrassment.

 

They keep stealing glance to each other. If people notice it, they will see how red their face is.

 

'Pull yourself together!' She talk to herself before turn around and walk away.

 

***

 

Since she goes to Pompeii collection. Nayoung thought that it'll be good to visit this city.

 

Rent a car. She get there in 26 minutes. After getting the permission. She walks through the old city of Pompeii. This was just another things to explore right? 

 

5.30pm

 

She's able to get a lot of sketch. Walking around won't get her exhausted that easily. Thankfully she bring along water, bread and some snack.

 

Gulp on her water. Her eyes never get bored to wonder around. She smile as she saw kids are look around in excitement. She never know that the next thing she saw will be the death of her.

 

"Good! We'll take another one!"

 

She heard someone shout something in Korean. When she turned around, her eyes widened in pure surprise. 

 

'That... That beautiful goddess'

 

The beauty that took her heart. Goddess of beauty without name. She's not far away from Nayoung. Seems like she's taking a photo shoot or something like that. She's wearing a red dress. Look way different from her casual look. 

 

'So.. She's a model, wow... That fit her really well' Nayoung thought. 

 

After the photo shoot done. The beauty somehow start to whine, "Is there any water?"

 

"I'm sorry Jieqiong, we're running out of water"

 

She sigh and take a seat.

 

'Wait... What was her name?'

 

***

 

6.00pm

 

"Still need of water?"

 

Nayoung pull herself together, she approach her first. It wasn't long until the beauty notice her right away. She smile shyly, "You heard that?"

 

"Yeah... Kind of?" Nayoung give her the bottle of water, "It's really hot here, better not to get dehydrated,"

 

"Thank you," she smile as Nayoung give her the already opened bottle. Nayoung can't help but stare. 'She's way beautiful when you look closer'

 

"So hot..." Nayoung mumble, 

 

"I'm sorry?"

 

Her answer got Nayoung panic, "I mean you're hot"

 

'What the heck did you just say?!'

 

But how the beauty react to her, made her heart race. She's blushing, look down and mumble a small thank you before saying, "You're hot too"

 

That caught Nayoung out of guard. The heck... She's no longer a stone. Nayoung pull herself together (again), "Not as hot as you" she's trying to look cool this time.

 

The two of them could feel how the tension between them slightly rise from time to time. How the beauty's face start to turn even more red than her dress. How Nayoung feel pulled to lean closer than ever by her.

 

"Jieqiong!"

 

Nayoung stood right away and bid her goodbye. Leaving the beauty still mesmerized in the moment.

 

"Oh... Seems like you got something there?"

 

"Cut it out Cheng Xiao"

 

"You owe me an explanation Jieqiong," wiggling her eyebrows, the girl named Cheng Xiao said, "Come on, this is our last session"

 

***

 

The sun has set yet the tension between the Stone Buddha and the Beauty Goddess haven't set yet.

 

What kind of things she need to discover tomorrow? She doesn't know. For today, she found out that, she need to be determined if she want it. If not... When she feel hesitate, she might be lose her chance (to kiss her).

 

 

To be continue... 

 

A/N:

 

How's that??? I'm sorry for the long wait update ㅠㅠ

I was trying to get the mood so I can serve you guys a good fic! ><

Please comment/Upvote/Subscribe to help me getting better in the future! ><

Thanks for your support!

 

Ps: mind to tell me about the rules in visiting historical site like what I mentioned before? I'm curious ,thanks in advance!